eelir
chinomaster182
Kaladin
Art Morte
Nirgall
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Messi made the ballon d'or boring... - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi made the ballon d'or boring...

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Journalists? Who next, you and I?

What exactly do journalists know we dont? Thet are no better than us, only difference is more people read their nonesense.

the ballon d'or was originally voted on by journalists im not making that up (its not like i ran the award and thats how i decided it should be chosen).

maybe if you read my post you would see what i actually thought would be a better option to managers and captains. but no, criticize me for how the award was picked originally. cool

Harmonica wrote:Sneijder? The guy who didn't win anything being the best? Do you know this award is an individual award, right? Not some random player in some competition winning team award. Milito was chosen the best player in Serie-A and UCL. Messi won La Liga being the best player, and had the best individual season ever in Spanish club football. Laughing

ya sneijder didnt win anything that year.. good one- he was absolutely key to inter's treble run, as well as the netherlands semifinal finish in the world cup. explain to me what messi won, la liga whooptie doo, he didnt do squat internationally or in europe. hardly a team lifting/inspiring year for messi unlike sneijder. please remove your nose from messi's particular area it is really obscuring your vision.

Erm, I didnt criticise you and I didnt say journalists never voted before. I am saying that they shouldnt vote and going to it or going back to it is a very bad idea.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Messi made the ballon d'or boring... - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi made the ballon d'or boring...

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:15 am

Forlan was the best in 2010 IMO
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:05 am

I think it is possible for someone to beat Messi to the Ballon d'Or. Not this year though.

For example a complete attacker who scores a lot of goals, assists a lot, performs well etc and wins trophies with his club. That kind of player could possibly beat Messi to it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 am

futbol wrote:Sneijder is the Inzaghi of midfielders. Does nothing for the majority of the game except pulling of 1 ridiculous Hollywood pass which is highlight-worthy and that's it. There are shitloads of players like that. Yaya Toure and Özil being some prominent ones who are capable of pulling off a bit of magic but keep on drifting in and out of games more often than not which is really a shit trade for a midfielder. Sneijder's World Cup has been totally exaggerated because of like 3 deflected goals and an own goal which was attributed to him. Zonal Marking had an article about that and didn't even include Sneijder in his World Cup XI.

His domestic season was also nothing special at all. In fact he missed 12 games in Serie A and in the 26 games he did play, he got subbed off 11 times. In the Copa Italia he missed the semi-final return leg against Fiorentina and got injured in the final after 4 minutes. He only played 3 games in that competition.

He was also definitely not the best player in the Champions League that season.

If anyone other than Messi deserved it in 2010 then it was Xavi. Have you seen the OPTA World Cup stats? No one created more goalscoring chances in a single World Cup than Xavi in 2010 bar Cruyff in 74. Together with his MOTM performance in the Bernabeu which secured Barcelona the title only late in mid April this would have been enough for many other players in non-Messi generations to win the Ballon d'Or. But yeah, unfortunately for others this is the Messi generation we live in.

+1

This is exactly what I was saying about Sneider in the Pirlo vs Xavi thread.But I personley think Xavi deserved that award instead of Messi,but yeah to say Sneider was better than Xavi in 2010 is laughable.Xavi was consistently brilliant in La Liga,CL and the World Cup.Dominating teams like Real Madrid,Portugal,Germany,Arsenal,Valencia etc

I can't think of any other player who was so brilliant and consistent in their domestic league,CL and World Cup that year.

Speaking of Sneider,Milito was better than him for Inter and Robben was better than him for Holland.

Sneider even at his best drifts in and out of games,Xavi controls the games and he has end product at the same time.A complete midfielder.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 am

Was the Ballon d'Or ever interesting?

What changes the day after it is awarded?

Messi is still Messi.

It's not like you can say you have a Ballon d'Or winner in your team and, therefore, your team is better. I mean, you don't buy a player or praise a player for winning an award, do you?

No, you praise them for what they leave out on the park.

So get yourselves together GL fanboys and stop arguing about this stupid scrap of metal. Just ask yourselves, what are you really achieving in this debate? Arguing about who needs more recognition?

I really think this is a debate with no purpose, an exercise that can only be ended by agreeing that you have a difference of opinion. That's all this is, an award based on opinion about one individual in a team sport.

ah, the futility.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Was the Ballon d'Or ever interesting?

What changes the day after it is awarded?

Messi is still Messi.

It's not like you can say you have a Ballon d'Or winner in your team and, therefore, your team is better. I mean, you don't buy a player or praise a player for winning an award, do you?

No, you praise them for what they leave out on the park.

So get yourselves together GL fanboys and stop arguing about this stupid scrap of metal. Just ask yourselves, what are you really achieving in this debate? Arguing about who needs more recognition?

I really think this is a debate with no purpose, an exercise that can only be ended by agreeing that you have a difference of opinion. That's all this is, an award based on opinion about one individual in a team sport.

ah, the futility.
Madrid does :coffee:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 am

It does add to the comercial value of a player.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3