Art Morte
Red Alert
stevieg8
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Empty Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 am

Nishank asked me to make the thread since he's busy, so if we lose don't blame me Embarassed

Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Mansfield-Town-icon vs. Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Liverpool4

Ground: Filed Mill
Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Mill-lead262-228930

Hopefully Sturridge scores :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Empty Re: Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:08 am

Mansfield's CEO's wife hmm

Gerrard and Reina are in Dubai hmm

Mansfield town have allocated 96 seats to Hillsborough victims :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Empty Re: Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper

Post by stevieg8 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 am

Gonna be on a plane for the entirety of this match, relying on you guys for updates. Let's go Reds!!
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:53 am

Like Sepp said Stevie and Reina are in Dubai taking short mini-break after the hectic winter schedule. So we won't be seeing them feature in the match tomorrow.

Mansfield Town vs Liverpool || FA Cup Third Round Proper Fknzue
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 am

FFS Mad For the first time this season a Pool and a Madrid match are on the same time. I don't know which I'll watch. I'll try to watch both of them but fecking hell Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:47 am

^ Liverpool dude, Liverpool.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 am

So, I wonder how our line-up will look like?

Coates
Sahin
Assaidi
Suso
Robinson
Shelvey
Coady

I'd like to see at least 3-4 of that list get a start.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Aldo (@realaldo474) has stated the team will be:
---------------Jones
Wisdom-Carra-Coates-Robinson
------------Allen-Lucas
--------------Shelvey
--Downing-Sturridge-Suso

By no means is this official, but he's been spot on recently.

I'd expect Sturridge to get 60 minutes or so. Maybe Assaidi for Sturridge in the second half and push Shelvey into a false9 role. I would would also like to see Sahin come on for Allen at some point.

Should meet the requirements, Art. Thumbs up
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:58 pm

I just hope it will not be a draw, adding one more extra fixture

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Liverpool: Jones, Wisdom, Robinson, Carragher, Coates, Lucas, Allen, Shelvey, Suso, Downing, Sturridge.

Sturridge starts :bow: :bow: :bow:

Subs confirmed; Gulacsi, Suarez, Henderson, Sterling Coady, Srtkel, Flannagan

No Assaidi YET!!!! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 pm

No Sahin or Assaidi Shocked But otherwise perfect. Should've rested Lucas as well methinks.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No Sahin or Assaidi Shocked But otherwise perfect. Should've rested Lucas as well methinks.

Heard (a rumor though) Assaidi is off for AFCON preparations. . . . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:12 pm

STURRIDGE :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 pm

so the count starts
1mi 2 mi ..... 12 mi
with that run n finish he looked more worthy!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Should've had a hattrick ffs. He took way too long on that other chance. But it's exciting :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm

So messiah, you are watching this match instead of madrid one Smile
anyways madrid is 2-2 there Wink

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I was streaming this match and watching madrid on TV. Couldn't miss the Madrid match since it was a league match.

Anyways great win for us. Suarez is again the savior :bow: Awful second half performance though
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:05 pm

but goal by suarez will remain in news for some time, suarez saved us from a draw result

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Job done. A little too close to risking an unnecessary replay, but meh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:07 pm

I wouldn't have minded a return leg at Anfield tbh. Our players could've padded their stats. Especially Suarez. I want him to beat Torres' 33 in 08-09.

19 goals so far :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Mansfield Manager is class :bow: What a man :bow: He says basically anybody would've done it and he doesn't feel cheated out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Brilliant result. Absolutely destroyed Mansfield Town 7-0, a masterclass from everyone that played. It's not like we had to rely on a hand-ball goal that was a botched call by the referee to win the match against a team filled with world-beaters from the Conference. :facepalm:
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm

No one will remember this game, so no reason to sweat it. We got through to the next round that's all that matters.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm

One of the most painful matches I had to watch from a footballing point of view.

Jones: Very shaky through out and could have done better to command or at least position himself for the first goal. Understandable for obvious reasons.

Wisdom: Finally showed some wisdom instead of his usual idiocy. Was excellent in bombing forward and creating chances while being solid and reliable in defence. He still has to understand though you must defend with you're feet and not your shoulders.

Coates: Excellent game. Worked hard, eliminated aerial threats and showed bouts of skill. Need to see him more.

Carra: Calm and assured presence back there and marshalled the defence with expertise. Best thing is he didn't even hoof it once when he looked like he would.

Robinson: Very good game here as well. Looks quite mature for his age and shows his intelligence in attack, when and where to pass along with tracking back for his positioning.

Lucas: Calm, assured, positioned well and gave Allen less to worry about and nullified the Mansfield threat.

Allen: Great game despite struggling with the physicality at times. Kept the midfield ticking with passes and spread play wonderfully.

Shelvey: Was excellent in his threw balls left open by gaps yet still doesn't know how to consistently influence the final third by when to release and when to hold the ball. Should have done better on this chance.

Downing: Aside from one or two moments in which he carried the ball out of the defence and into the Mansfield half to create some chances you would have expected a Premiership player to at least cause more trouble to a league 2 side.

Suso: A little erratic in possession but showing how much potential he has with his excellent ideas and creativity which sadly weren't executed as well as it should have been.

Sturridge: Star for me. Why? New system and scored as well. Was everywhere. Left, right, and centre along with a gleaming hunger to score and hold the ball. Showed excellent trickery and understanding of the system. If Shelvey can supply him so well imagine what Stevie G can do in his free role. Scored a goal in which was exactly like his idol who is a certain Arsenal Legend. And did it with his weaker foot.

All in all its hard to judge a match against a league 2 side and while we should have done better, I'm satisfied given our midfield play and potential to create. It'll be interesting to see what will happen between Sturridge and Suarez as I'm hoping to God that both will play together rather than being rotated between Sterling (who needs to be benched).

We have our most difficult test of the season next week vs United at OT as I hope to see Sturridge starting as well. While this match doesn't tell us much it will give us the momentum needed to forge a mentality to win.

YNWA
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 am

What do you mean Wisdom's idiocy Arq? He's been solid in every game he's played in. He lost his spot deservedly for Johnson as Glen is the better player. He was hardly dropped on form.

Not too sure what's happened to some of the posters on this forum lately and their constant criticizing on the youngsters. This isn't the first time I've seen it happen - Sterling gets flamed the most. Can't put my head around it.

Great to see Sturridge get a debut goal. Hopefully he can find some form by scoring another against United next week. Shelvey for me was a contender for MotM, whilst Robbo looked very good at LB. He's actually grown in height - I remember him being a lot shorter since his last game for us. But at the end of the day, Sturridge will get all the plaudits. Goal on his debut and he really should have atleast scored a brace. Anyway, we move on to vs Oldham in the next round.

peerIess wrote:Brilliant result. Absolutely destroyed Mansfield Town 7-0, a masterclass from everyone that played. It's not like we had to rely on a hand-ball goal that was a botched call by the referee to win the match against a team filled with world-beaters from the Conference. :facepalm:

With all due respect, go do one. Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next