Are Real Madrid the worst side in the Champions League KO stage?

+35
crazzyblanco
guest7
Pedram
norton
EarlyPrototype
the xcx
Le Samourai
Swanhends
Real Kandahar
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
The Sanchez
The Messiah
billy_gr
RealGunner
chad4401
Valkyrja
windkick
worms
Abramovich
OLpower
RED
cyberman
Lex
BAYERN_MUNICH
McAgger
VivaStPauli
Die Borussen
gnrfan
Onyx
eelir
Ion Creanga
S
Ganso
Clockwork Orange
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Are Real Madrid the worst side in the Champions League KO stage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Real Madrid the worst side in the Champions League KO stage?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

Arbeloa is trash mate and i see no reason why RVP and Rooney will not cause Pepe and Ramos lots of problems, Marcelo is important for attacking reasons and providing width but not defensively.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Are Real Madrid the worst side in the Champions League KO stage? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Real Madrid the worst side in the Champions League KO stage?

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:48 am

arbeloa is trash forward but he is decent on the back

and you cant just judge individuals to make a conclusion specially on games such as this one, obviously there will be a plan and it will affect the players perfomances.
i fear valencia's pace though, good thing his crosses suck apparently..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:53 am

Idiot wrote:
and you cant just judge individuals to make a conclusion specially on games such as this one, obviously there will be a plan and it will affect the players perfomances.

True but Mourinho's plans this season have hardly been anything to write home about.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 am

OLpower wrote:It is currently hard to pick Real Madrid over Manchester.

Real Madrid is completely failing apart, has already lost the Liga and may not even finish second while Manchester is at full force, completely united and in full confidence.

By the way, Christiano Ronaldo is now the only motor behind Madrid. If he wasn't there...

le samurai and mtfootball and mamad are going to kill himself now out of envy kuz they are haters
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:58 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think Man Yoo will beat them tbh.

Their midfield is underrated their wings will be a nightmare for Madrid and their front 2 will be too much for Madrid atm.

Yes their defence is shite but Madrid's aint much better if at all but i believe going forward they are much more lethal and unlike Madrid who are narrow as f*ck without Marcelo they exploit the width of the pitch.

All these things combined will be Madrid's downfall.

I am with Mole on this one.

Madrid are no Norwich tbh
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:07 am

I think both teams are going to attempt to do the same things and approach the game the same way. To me, whichever team breaks their mold and approaches the game proactively, and understand the value of taking the initiative will have the better of the exchange and have a better chance to win.

Hard to predict who will do that, Ferguson seems to have fully embraced his teams offensive style, but he always mixes it up for Europe and big games.

Though that isn't a guarantee because both attacks are far too deadly and both defenses too suspect to make that approach flawless.

But Alas.

We do not have to face the big game terror that is Park Ji Sung banana

Are we the worst team in the CL? Don't think so. Perhaps the most wasteful of our talent. That's understandable though. We have greedy players and an even megalomaniac for a coach, there's going to be a disconnect.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think Man Yoo will beat them tbh.

Their midfield is underrated their wings will be a nightmare for Madrid and their front 2 will be too much for Madrid atm.

Yes their defence is shite but Madrid's aint much better if at all but i believe going forward they are much more lethal and unlike Madrid who are narrow as f*ck without Marcelo they exploit the width of the pitch.

All these things combined will be Madrid's downfall.

Marcelo should be back by then.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:10 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Arbeloa is trash mate and i see no reason why RVP and Rooney will not cause Pepe and Ramos lots of problems, Marcelo is important for attacking reasons and providing width but not defensively.

I didn't mention Arbeloa because I thought he could stop Rooney/RvP. I mentioned him because I considered whatever threat United had on the wing. Yeah not exactly top notch.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:12 am

Oh i'm sure he will but Marcelo alone will not be enough in wide areas to combat the amount of width Man Yoo play with.

Some times its a downfall but i don't think Madrid have enough midfield strength to exploit it.

Also Le Sam i agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 am

So should Kagawa start vs Real Madrid?

If he does I guess he or Rooney will be providing the width?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:24 am

Yohan Modric wrote:So should Kagawa start vs Real Madrid?

I'm talking the fullbacks and wingers getting forward at every opportunity like they do.

Valencia and Rafeal on one side and Evra and Young ( even though he's shite) provide a lot of width which isn't easy to defend against.

Especially with teams who are not set up to defend against it.

You can counter this by dominating the middle but i don't think Madrid will dominate the middle.

Rooney will play his usual AM role but dropping a lot deeper like he does in most big games.... basically same role as Ozil for Madrid.

Anyway Le Sam nailed it for me, both will play in similar ways and it will be down to who will be the more proactive on the fly during the game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:27 am

More and more Im hearing this width play from United the more I want to laugh. Its an advantage not an factor ffs Laughing. Relatively every club that uses wingplay as main options to go forward uses it. Wtf is so new about that?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am

If Ronaldo is at his top form, we won't lose.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 am

The xcx wrote:More and more Im hearing this width play from United the more I want to laugh. Its an advantage not an factor ffs Laughing. Relatively every club that uses wingplay as main options to go forward uses it. Wtf is so new about that?

Yes but no one uses width as effectively and as much as they do.....

You will see.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:So should Kagawa start vs Real Madrid?

I'm talking the fullbacks and wingers getting forward at every opportunity like they do.

Valencia and Rafeal on one side and Evra and Young ( even though he's shite) provide a lot of width which isn't easy to defend against.

Especially with teams who are not set up to defend against it.

You can counter this by dominating the middle but i don't think Madrid will dominate the middle.

Rooney will play his usual AM role but dropping a lot deeper like he does in most big games.... basically same role as Ozil for Madrid.

Anyway Le Sam nailed it for me, both will play in similar ways and it will be down to who will be the more proactive on the fly during the game.

So Man Utd are the only team who have overlapping fullbacks and wingers?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 am

Ramos-- pepe----carvalho----Marcelo
-----------------Khedira------------
...............Modric..............
Di Maria.....................................
....................Ozil......................
...................................Ronaldo.
.................Benz
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:37 am

Look at us without Marcelo...just look at us. Godcelo will save us.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:26 am

Real Kandahar wrote:

Real Madrid is completely failing apart, has already lost the Liga and may not even finish second while Manchester is at full force, completely united and in full confidence.

By the way, Christiano Ronaldo is now the only motor behind Madrid. If he wasn't there...

le samurai and mtfootball and mamad are going to kill himself now out of envy kuz they are haters

wtf are you on about...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 am

Madrid will win both legs, trust me.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm

The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

wtf are you on about...

I'm sure this guy is a multi.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 pm

I don't know what makes people think Marcelo will be fit considiring he was seriously injured (a broken foot) and these injuries take time to recover from.

I hope however he returns, it's gonna help our chances greatly.

But I think Man U will win. Why? Becouse both are in a poor form, and if any team has shown they can still win and grind games despite how awful they play it's Man U. As shown by how they're leading their league. Us? We're playing awful AND losing. Big difference.

Man U will win.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The xcx wrote:More and more Im hearing this width play from United the more I want to laugh. Its an advantage not an factor ffs Laughing. Relatively every club that uses wingplay as main options to go forward uses it. Wtf is so new about that?

Yes but no one uses width as effectively and as much as they do.....

You will see.

Bayern?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Look at us without Marcelo...just look at us. Godcelo will save us.
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/138/spain/2013/01/07/3655486/marcelo-back-in-training-at-real-madrid?source=breakingnews
he's back in training. Expect ronaldo to take his game to another level now
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Worst side in the CL knockout stages?
Or the side doing the worst in their domestic league?

C'mon dude. There are plenty of other teams that are doing the same as if not maybe a bit lower. But what's to say that's going to affect how any team plays in the Champions League?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 pm

ya real madrid are the worst. they are worse than porto, arsenal, malaga, milan, shakhtar, valencia, celtic, and galatasaray.

way worse.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:30 pm

definitely worse than valencia and malaga even though RM are above them in the league of which they are playing 'abysmally' in.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next