Forza
VivaStPauli
windkick
Donuts
The Sanchez
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars Empty Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 am

Discussion about future stars or in fact stars who aren't at the top level of football.
For example in Australia we have hardly anyone playing in great let alone good football leagues. Most players are either in Australia, in Arab countries/developing football leagues or on the bench in decent leagues.
Hopefully through the NT coach or sheer hard work some talent can be discovered by at least some decent clubs in decent leagues.

ATM, Robbie Kruse from Fortuna Dosseldorf (mind the spelling) is probably our best Australian player. Good pace, skill, mobility has earned him a starting spot eek in week out. However, in a few years time , he can DEFINATELY be playing for a good English club like Everton or Liverpool for example but ATM he needs to keep on focussing on making sure he starts most games and hope that other clubs will catch their attention on him.

Arron Mooy, Matthew Ryan and Tom Rogic who are playing in Australia are three of the brightest A-League talents and have caught the attention of many clubs in England and Scotland. Mooy is a creative playmaker or a DLP who week in week out controls the game... Beautiful passer who reminds me of Thiago... Rogic is an attacking midfielder who is similar to Iniesta in the way how he dribbles his way through opponents with ease and a good final ball. Ryan is a goalkeeper who has a good diving technique, improved his ball distribution and good handling.
Mooy is on the radar in getting his spot in England with Sunderland and Reading interested in him. Rogic turned down the opportunity to play with Reading but will be trialled with Celtic. Ryan who has already trialled at Tottenham will be trialled at Rangers soon. All three players should be starting for Australia after the WC for sure.

Now you guys...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars Empty Re: Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 am

Guadalajara's well known FM Carlos Fierro Very Happy
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars Empty Re: Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars

Post by windkick Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 am

Fierro? I don't watch the Mexican league, but I did watch the U-17 World Cup that Mexico won and personally I thought Espericueta was the best player on that side. Dude has some serious talent, looked like a little Deco running around out there lol. Whats going on with him?

The kid on the right in this pic

Rising young talents in your country that can be future stars 11072011105592488
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 am

The next big things for Germany are probably Emre Can of Bayern, Mitchell Weiser, loaned from Bayern to... I forget, but they'll be keeping him.
Samed Yesil currently plays for Liverpool and is a great prospect, as well as Arsenal's Eisfeld.
From their generation of players, Draxler is already well known, and Götze also played with them, though let's not talk about him again.
It's been a bit quiet around Alexander Merkel, and he'll have stiff competition if he wants to play for the NT, though he arguably has the talent.

So, who do we have here?

Weiser - LB, DM, or CM depending on who you ask, good pace and vision, plays a bit like David Alaba.

Can - midfield alrounder, mostly deployed as DM by Bayern, has also played CB already, plays a bit like Schweinsteiger

Yesil - decent striker, good link-up play as well, plays a bit like Klose

I'll probably leave descriptions of Merkel and Eisfeld to people who've seen more of them.
From the 18 year olds so far Draxler is probably the most impressive, but he's also the only one getting a lot of minutes.

My pick for highlight, though, is:
Sebastian Jung, Eintracht Frankfurt.
He's a great fullback, with good stamina, pace, and positioning, his technique is quite well developed, he's not too weak in the air, and knows how to put in a decent cross.
Plays a bit like a tall Philipp Lahm. Also only 19 years old. Sadly, will probably bought by a bigger club this summer.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 am

Another Aussie:

Tommy Oar
Position: Winger, AM
Club: FC Utrecht
Potential: 8/10
Description: Visionary attacking midfielder.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 am

Of course, the guy in my AV

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 am

Marco Rojas
Position: Winger, AM
Club: Melbourne Victory
New Zealand International part Chilean though.
Played six a side with him 2/3 years ago one of the brightest talents in the A-League

Few of his goals this season.

Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Samed Yesil currently plays for Liverpool and is a great prospect.

He's been lighting up our reserves :bow: Has 2 appearances for the first team as well both starts in the league cup.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am

The Sanchez wrote:
ATM, Robbie Kruse from Fortuna Dosseldorf (mind the spelling) is probably our best Australian player. Good pace, skill, mobility has earned him a starting spot eek in week out. However, in a few years time , he can DEFINATELY be playing for a good English club like Everton or Liverpool for example but ATM he needs to keep on focussing on making sure he starts most games and hope that other clubs will catch their attention on him.

Amini from Dortmund is better.

Robbie will never play for Liverpool or Everton either. Sorry bud.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 am

@The Sanchez

Well, I haven't seen too much of him yet, but I think Dortmund didn't sign up Mustafa Amini (19, attacking mid) without a reason. So far he mainly played for Dortmund II yet, but I think he is something to be looking for, too.

(Oops, just noticed ynwa mentioned him too - I really shouldn't run away for breakfast and leave the edit unheaded while I reply...)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 am

Amini is half Afghan like myself :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:20 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:
Samed Yesil currently plays for Liverpool and is a great prospect.

He's been lighting up our reserves :bow: Has 2 appearances for the first team as well both starts in the league cup.

The kid scored 31 goals in 32 appearances four Germanys youth teams, those are pretty neat stats.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 am

For me Hachim Mastour is the biggest up and coming talent in Italy(Besides El Shaarawy and Insigne), he has chosen to play for the Italian national team as well.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:02 am

Being Colombian american, I follow the Colombia NT a bit more than the USMNT but there's actually two very promising youths rising from both countries. While in Colombia last year I read about 14-year old Giancarlo Poveda who is known as the "Colombian Messi", and a few days ago I learned about American Ben Lederman who is only 12 but has already been called up to the U.S U-14 squad, being the first ever American to do so.

Incidentally, they both play for F.C. Barcelona's youth ranks.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm

@ynwa

Probably right but I think he can be a great player. Yeah Amini went Dortmund and probably is Australia future midfield king though ATM IMO Kruse looks to be the go and has played some really great performances in apt he NT side despite how shit our manager and his tactics are...
Maybe not Liverpool but hopefully at Sunderland for example or another raverge PL team...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:23 am

Frankly, we really don't have too much talent coming up, this is mentioned often on the Counterattack show with Tony Meola and John Harkes. It is troubling. But there are mediocre generations in every country.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 am

norton wrote:Frankly, we really don't have too much talent coming up, this is mentioned often on the Counterattack show with Tony Meola and John Harkes. It is troubling. But there are mediocre generations in every country.

Marc Pelosi, for one.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:18 am

Don't know RedOranje, maybe, but he is already 19 and not called up for the senior national team nor on the Liverpool first team. I am hopeful, but? He is an Army brat like me, so I am pulling for him. (Army brat means born of US military parents born overseas, he was born in Germany)

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:26 am

Terrence Boyd from Rapid Vien
Marc Pelosi and Villyan Bijev from Pool :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:44 am

norton wrote:Don't know RedOranje, maybe, but he is already 19 and not called up for the senior national team nor on the Liverpool first team. I am hopeful, but? He is an Army brat like me, so I am pulling for him. (Army brat means born of US military parents born overseas, he was born in Germany)

Most players DON'T get called up at 19, unless they are above and beyond, or very early bloomers. Pelosi has gotten praise from all of the managers and coaches he's worked with, both at LFC and in the US youth set-up. Only today (yesterday for some) LFC's Director of Academy and Youth Development praised Pelosi for his performances with the club in the NextGen competition.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 am

There are so many young, talented players that have the potential to bring us to a berth at the 2018 WC, in my opinion.

David Alaba 20 [Bayern München] - incredible player, has the potential to be the best left back in the world.

Kevin Friesenbichler 18 [Bayern München II] - incredible goal scorer, his totals could match up against that of youth hotshot Samed Yesil.

Oliver Markoutz 18 [Bayern München U19] - phenomenal winger with a penchant for the extravagant. My personal favorite.

Christian Derflinger 18 [Bayern München U19] - reasonably talented attacker, don't see so much of him sadly.

Alessandro Schöpf 18 [Bayern München U19] - decent creative central midfielder. Same with Derflinger, never seen that much but I've heard he is decent from Bayern fans.

Raphael Holzhauser 19 [VfB Stuttgart] - great CM that is getting plenty of first team football for a 19 year old. Has a remarkable ethic and mentality.

Marcel Sabitzer 18 [Rapid Wien] - incredible winger as an 18 year old. A dynamic talent.

Christian Gartner 18 [SV Mattersburg] - captain of our U19 squad, and a strong central midfielder. I rarely see him play, but when I have he has been good.

Thomas Murg 18 [Austria Wien] - absolutely love him. I watch him play every week and he is progressing into a great player. A talented winger who has a very bright future.

Valentino Lazzaro 16 [Red Bull Salzburg] - I've never watched him live, but I have heard he is a midfield maestro and is a little wizard in the attacking third.

Aleksandar Dragovic 21 [FC Basel] - older than everyone else, but he will be the heart of our defense. He is amazing already and he will only get better.

---
Incredibly biased summary, but enjoy it.

peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 pm

*nod* I agree about the young Austrian talents. I've seen most of the Bayern ones and Aleksandr Dragovich is indeed pretty impressive, too. Sadly he will almost certainly leave Basel for a bigger club in Summer.

Pity that Austria ended up in the same qualification group as Germany again for 2014. Qualifying over Zlatan, err, Sweden, won't be so easy.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 pm

rwo power wrote:*nod* I agree about the young Austrian talents. I've seen most of the Bayern ones and Aleksandr Dragovich is indeed pretty impressive, too. Sadly he will almost certainly leave Basel for a bigger club in Summer.

Pity that Austria ended up in the same qualification group as Germany again for 2014. Qualifying over Zlatan, err, Sweden, won't be so easy.

Do you mind telling me more about Schöpf and Derflinger? And I think Dragovic is right to move to a bigger club in a more competitive, renowned league. I think a switch to the Barclays Premier League could do him wonders, except if he were to play in a pitiful team with a poor defensive system.

And I've found the stats courtesy of Transfermarkt.de

Samed Yesil - A-Jugend BL: 30 matches, 21 goals, 5 assists
Kevin Friesenbichler - A-Jugend BL: 34 matches, 26 goals, 3 assists

Although Yesil basically shits on Friesenbichler in international competition, mostly due to the disparity between Germany U19 and Austria U19.

And yes, tough qualifying groups and an average squad currently is killing us. There is a lot of young, potential talent that can make breakthroughs but I believe that a few peaks will be reached in 2018. Critical players like David Alaba, Aleksandar Dragovic, and many others that I won't list will be in prime form hopefully.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

There aren't many English players that will become future stars, but we do have some good players in the making floating about.

Goalkeepers: Just Jack Butland, who you'll probably know if you watched the Olympics. Already has a full England cap, but that says more about our lack of depth in that area than anything. He's having a mixed season at Birmingham this year, making some great saves that show his talent but also making some costly errors.

Defenders: We do produce some decent fullbacks. Carl Jenkinson is the recent one to emerge. Nathaniel Clyne and Luke Shaw at Southampton are also talented, especially Luke Shaw, who's already played over 10 games in the Premier League despite only being 17. Jack Robinson at Liverpool is another to look out for. There's Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton, too, both from Spurs.

For centre back, there are well-known talents like Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. Steven Caulker (another Spurs player) is a good player. Nathaniel Chalobah, on loan at Watford from Chelsea, is also very talented.

Midfielders: A couple of well-known guys here. Jack Wilshere being the obvious one, as well as Josh McEachran, who's doing really well at Middlesbrough currently. Nick Powell at Manchester United is good and Tom Carroll has broken through recently at Spurs. Will Hughes is a regular for Derby County and is definitely a talent to look out for. All these guys are small, technical players. Unfortunately there are no note-worthy defensive midfielders.

James Ward-Prowse at Southampton has done well in the Premier League this season. George Green is supposedly a big talent at Everton. Ross Barkley is another very good talent at Everton.

On the wings, again, we have obvious ones like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Raheem Sterling. Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) is the latest flavour of the month and Thomas Ince (Blackpool) has had a good season so far.

Strikers: Only two I can think of at this moment in time are Chuba Akpom (Arsenal) and Adam Campbell (Newcastle).

It's worth pointing out that the only players out of the ones I mentioned not getting regular first team football right now are Robinson, Powell, Green, Barkley, Akpom and Campbell. Everyone else has been (or was before injury in the cases of Smalling and Jones) heavily involved with their first teams this season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Junior Hoillet if he decides to play for Canada

not many though sadly

Simeon Jackson of Norwich is a fantastic player
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next