Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League |

+11
stevieg8
scotladd
donttreadonred
peerless
Arquitecto
Fahim89
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
Art Morte
Red Alert
Nishankly
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Empty Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League |

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:27 am

Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Manu_93X vs Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Liverpool_93X

Venue - Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Oldtrafford5

Liverpool's next Barclays Premier League encounter is a trip to Old Trafford to face Manchester United.

United beat the Reds 2-1 in the reverse meeting at Anfield in September.

Last season's corresponding fixture ended 2-1 to United.

* More to follow *
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Empty Re: Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League |

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am

I hate Mancs but I do love playing against them.

Really hope Suarez plays as a false 9 and Sturridge gets stuck out on the right. I'd also play Sterling over Downing and Henderson over Allen.

Sterling Suarez Sturridge
Gerrard
Lucas Henderson
Johnson Agger Skrtel Wisdom
Reina

Let's go redmen! Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Empty Re: Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League |

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:11 pm

They are obviously favorites here, but when it's kick-off time that means absolutely nothing. Just two days to go!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Tbh completely honest with you I would much rather see Downing over Sterling on current form. Sterling hasn't shown anything to suggest his early season form recently and Stewie has been actually playing like an actual footballer ffs.

Agree with the rest of the line up with Pooi.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

I agree with ynwa's line up.

Some terrible rumours that Johnson may be injured....if it's true, then we may as well give United the 3 points now :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

If Johnson is injured then I'm guessing it's Downing at LB :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 pm

According to the Bibtheory none of Sturridge & Sterling would start!! Hendo would scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm

What does Rodgers have in his mind scratch

Reina
Wisdom - Skrtel - Agger - Johnson
Allen - Lucas - Gerrard
Hendo - Suarez- Downing

Weird lineup hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Form obviously won't matter in fixtures such as these so we can count out the odds based on team form and how they match-up vs each other. This is the biggest English rivalry in the history of English Football so there is little way to quantify of who will win.

My line-up

Wisdom-Skrtel-Agger-Johnson

Lucas-Henderson
Sturridge-Gerrard-Sterling
Suarez

We all know BR will not play anything aside from the 4-3-3 as of now. Enrique sadly is injured which means Wisdom will have to muscle his way onto the RB position. Gerrard's position is unquantifiable given how free his role is yet it usually perpetuates from the deep end. Allen should not play in this game as such a high-paced and heated rivalry will be too much for him at the moment. Which is why Henderson must start given his experience and growing confidence with us. Lucas is obvious to partner and anchor Hendo alongside him. Gerrard hopefully will not be restricted within this game and free to roam without Hendo getting in his way. Sturridge may want a central role but I find him more effective coming of wide while Sterling, who isn't exactly doing anything special at all these days should start over Downing. Why? After the gutless performance of Downing last year in this same fixture I don't want Downing ever starting in a big game. He will never perform vs the better opposition for us. Suarez playing in his usual false 9 as I wouldn't disagree with the people who would play DS at False 9 and Suarez out wide.

I predict Sturridge will be benched anyway as we all know it'll be Downing-Suarez-Sterling. Hopefully Shelvey won't be anywhere near the pitch for this game.

Sadly I don't think we are ready for such a fixture in breadth and in mentality as I can see United pulling an effective wing based counter attack to break us down.

I predict 2-0 to United with RvP and Chicha scoring.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:What does Rodgers have in his mind scratch

Reina
Allen - Lucas - Gerrard
Hendo - Suarez- Downing

Weird lineup hmm

I guess he is trying to give more cover to Wisdom. . . .with Evra's form
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 pm

Fahim89 wrote:According to the Bibtheory none of Sturridge & Sterling would start!! Hendo would scratch

Sturridge might not be a 100% match fit yet, so I'd understand if he's left on the bench. If Sterling doesn't start either, I'd guess we would have:

Gerrard - Lucas - Henderson
Downing - Suarez - Suso

or then Henderson further forward and Shelvey or Allen starting in midfield.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Wouldn't have such high expectations for the match, I would like to see a draw for Liverpool Football Club. I can see a tactical error by Martin Skrtel or a goalkeeping error by Jose Reina leading to a goal. I would love to see Luis Suarez outshine Robin van Persie, though. That really would be a sight to see - Luis' ability to carve up defenses may help with Manchester United Football Club's below-average defense.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Fahim89 wrote:I guess he is trying to give more cover to Wisdom. . . .with Evra's form
IF that is the correct lineup, then you're probably right about covering Wisdom due to Evra's new-found success in the attacking third.
Reina
Allen - Lucas - Gerrard
Hendo - Suarez- Downing

That is a lineup that is designed with stifling United initial thrust in mind. This is a base formation, intended to retain possession and keep the match under control. If this is correct, I expect this match to be one in the technical area. By that, I mean that I think Rodgers is going to try to go toe to toe with Fergie regarding their in-game, tactical nous.

That lineup certainly isn't good enough in the final third to beat United in 9/10 matches (there's always teh chance that Suarez could pull a rabbit out of a hat, or Gerrard or Downing hit an screamer... I can't believe I just said that regarding Downing...). Allen, Lucas and Gerrard is a midfield that is purely designed to keep the ball; Henderson is a selection to cover for Wisodom; and Downing will naturally tend to drop deeper with Johnson being the real threat on the left.

That said, I can see what we might be trying to do. We may be looking to keep the game under control and push for points in the latter stages. With Sturridge probably not completely match fit (he looked tired at times against Mansfield and a week won't completely fix that), we can't risk a starting spot on a player that we know we will need to pull off... Not in this match. Sterling has shown flashes of brilliance, but simply may not be capable of physically standing up to the beating he'll receive for 90 minutes. Shelvey has been less than clinical in the last few months/matches. While the potential for goals is there, he's likely to be the last ditch attempt to get a goal, coming on to replace Allen (or Lucas if we're already a goal down and chasing). If everything goes well, I could see us making changes after 10-15 minutes in the second half with Sturridge, Sterling and Shelvey coming in to affect the pace and attack thrust of the team.

I expect the team to be closer to this is the second half:
Reina
Lucas - Gerrard
Hendo/Shelvey
Sturridge - Suarez - Sterling

I think Sturridge may be used on the right, simply because we may try to exploit Evra's attacking impetus with his pace. Should Evra push to far, Sturridge could burn him, drawing the CB's out of position and allowing space for Suarez. It works perfectly in my head, but the practical application is certainly a much different prospect. (Admittedly, I wouldn't mind seeing Suarez steal Evra's lunch-money a few times with a nutmeg and a goal/assist. Twisted Evil Poetic justice, anyone?)

I know that on paper we shouldn't have a shot, but for some reason I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances to come away with something. Afterall, when has this fixture ever been true to the expected outcome?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by scotladd Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Game wont be aired by my cable provider (time warner). Is there somewhere online i can watch a stream?
scotladd
scotladd
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 pm

scotladd wrote:Game wont be aired by my cable provider (time warner). Is there somewhere online i can watch a stream?

go on chat at gametime, we'll send you links.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

scotladd wrote:Game wont be aired by my cable provider (time warner). Is there somewhere online i can watch a stream?

[The entire forums can end up being taken down if we get involved in copyright issues, so please do not post stream links. - RO]
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Manchester United vs Liverpool | 13th January| Friday | 1330 GMT | Premier League | Tumblr_mgiztwaShL1rk3pyoo1_400

Now this is the probable line-up by The Times . . . a more reliable source & to me a more realistic line-up. . .

Shoot ! ! Discuss!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:49 pm

If we go by the bib theory then Carra will start in the center with Skrtel with Agger moving to LB and Johnson staying on the right. Also seems like Sturridge won't be starting.

Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Carra - Agger
Lucas - Gerrard
?????
????? - Suarez - ??????

I didn't catch who else was wearing an orange bib. Sturridge was wearing a green bib so I'm guessing he won't be starting.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:29 pm

I think surely it will be the line up which is mentioned by Fahim in above post. At least Downing seems to be sure to start. BR knows that Downing tracks back and often helps the team defensively.
I will try to watch this match without any expectation, hopefully it will help in case it goes a wrong way for us. I just wish to see our team fighting and performing at highest level, irrespective what result we get !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Pumped for the match today, and surprisingly confident.

WE WILL WIN! (maybe 3-1 bounce )

TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:34 pm

Reina; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Allen, Lucas; Downing, Gerrard, Sterling; Suarez.

Sturridge bench
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Allen starting, I've got a bad feeling about that one : /
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 pm

BORINI ON THE BENCH YAY
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm so PUMPED. Sterling starting is tough but hopefully he can cope with the pressure.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Awful first half from us. We took one shot and that was just out of shite desperation. Rodgers got his team wrong in the first half I'm afraid. Hendo should've started this game. We got completely dominated in the middle. Sterling and Clowning were both useless like always. Would like to see both Fabio and Sturridge come in.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum