The Franchise
Onyx
58 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Xbox Thread

Post by izzy Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:Let's hear more from them at E3

I am sure they will take the backlash seriously and make changes. A lot of time for it to be released so expect many changes.

They better.
They got about 3 weeks to hear the sh1t they're getting from that nonsense and sort themselves out.

What a ridiculous notion and scam. If they intend to stick with that then they can seriously kiss my ass.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 22, 2013 5:32 pm

this whole 1 disc for 1 console concept is because you are going to be able to install the game on your console and then not have to use the disc to play, you can simply play by telling your xbox what game title you would like to play.

and it hasn't been stated weather you can take your game to a friends house and recover your account on there console and play the game on a different console that way....if that is the case it won't be so bad....used games from a store aren't a big worry from me, i usually buy brand new anyways. i have i think 1 or 2 used games out of the like 6 or 7 years i have owned a xbox 360
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Too many rumours here and not enough facts....

1. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-phil-harrison-tries-again-to-clarify-game-ownership-second-hand-sales-and-always-online-in-xbox-one

We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

I will accept they are not explaining themselves very well though.

pUsHa wrote:
And what does 15 exclusives in a year even mean !? All big games ? Do they even have the firepower to develop so many exclusives ... i don't get that . I'm assuming some of them to be kinnect and indie games and the rest to be Halo , NFL , Quantum Break , New Gears of War maybe ?

3 of them are from Rare, Crytek and a new studio called Black Tusk Studios

formerly Microsoft Vancouver, is video game development studio owned by Microsoft in Vancouver, Canada.The studio changed its name in November 2012 and is tasked with creating a major franchise for Microsoft to rival their popular Halo franchise.

Crytek are making that game called Ryse which is that action game set in Ancient Rome.... if you remember they said it would use Kinect but today they said this....
"Exclusively for Xbox One. Controller-based gameplay enhanced by Kinect."

I'm guessing that will be like the stuff in Mass Effect and Ghost Recon with interface etc etc.

Lastly with Rare.... it was said that they will have a presence at E3 and they will be announcing one of their classic IPs.... leaves it open to debate what it is but that could be anything from Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Conkers Bad Fur Day and Jet Force Gemini etc etc.

Add to the Remedy project Quantum Break and Forza.... that makes 5 AAA exclusive games that are already announced in one way or another and with 10 possibly to come.... be it the game or the developer themselves confirming they are working on an exclusive as is the case with Black Tusk Studios and Rare.

The games won't be a problem its just a case of people misunderstanding what the press conference was for.... announcing features and capabilities and not for games which is what E3 is for.

It simply makes sense to cut the two press conferences in half and concentrate on games at E3 as they already mentioned they will do.

Lets wait till E3 and judge both consoles then as i suspect we will know a lot more then about both of them and rightly so considering what E3 is and the audience it targets.

Last i will say on the subject because its getting a bit boring now lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed May 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Why would they change their controller? If it ain't broke right?
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

nichabr wrote:Why would they change their controller? If it ain't broke right?

Its improved apparently... D-Pad looks better for fighting games etc etc and apparently the triggers and buttons respond faster and there is less latency between pressing the button and the game responding.... there was more to that also but i forget exactly what...

On the used games stuff....

We are months away from the launch of #XboxOne & policy decisions are still being finalized. When they are, we will let you know.

Larry Hryb (@majornelson)

Just a case of wait and see i suppose.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm

nichabr wrote:Why would they change their controller? If it ain't broke right?

i have no problem with the controller look, it looks like it will feel the exact same in hand and the joysticks appear to be a lot more sturdy, and durable looking....i have gone through about 5 xbox controllers because of joysticks breaking, or the LS button that u click with the joystick breaking.

one major reason I don't like Playstation is the controller, to small in my hands and fingers feel like they will slip off joysticks
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Yeah i forgot about Ryse and stuff ... I guess they aren't lying then Laughing

The controller looks like a joke with the home button up there , but it's not ugly and i kinda understand why they put it there .

Yeah previous Playstation controllers were shat , i have no idea how people played with those things ... the new one though , looks better ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 pm

Playstation controllers are great (Dualshocks) for pretty much any game but the Xbox controller imo is the best for shooters.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but...

Spoiler:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 pm

rofl BC brilliant.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 pm

haha lol

Still dont see why a PS4 would give me anything more though, in fact, the opposite, and a horrible controller in your hand. Will have to see what kind of exclusives they will bring. This is the key.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 22, 2013 10:36 pm

LMAO rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 22, 2013 10:38 pm

One of the best GIFs I've ever seen rofl :bow: Proud
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Microsoft asked about Sony's GDDR5 RAM plus more great questions in video interview

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...c-whitten.aspx

They want to implement live streaming of games. Think its a "really cool" idea.
Pre-owned games can be sold.
Hints that they wanted always-online to be 24/7 in order for the Cloud computing to enhance games through e.g. extra enemy A.I and increase the scope/scale of vision in games; more filled in screen. Cloud seems to be huge for them.

Basically, he is asked if MS have made it mandatory to always be connected when playing offline, or whether they'll leave it up to the publishers. He confirms the latter, then goes on to speak about the benefits of an always-online system for gameplay. When Kotaku asked him a similar question earlier, he said he "hopes" publishers implement this. Couple this with MS's "infrastructure investments", according to Phil Harrison, on dedicated servers, plus how the machine needs to connect to install a game, you can probably guess what their original plan was.

Acknowledges Sony has faster RAM but can't do comparison as he doesn't know the full capability of their hardware/OS, but believes XB1 games will look just as good if not better
Acknowledges around 3GB of RAM reserved for OS
Xbox Live fundamentals will remain the same
Nothing concrete in terms of creating a backlog for 360 games to be made compatible on XB1, but if it does happen, the popular 360 games will be there first
Plan to make family households with multiple consoles/accounts have access to more content in response to whether they will be discounts for family Gold members
Nothing to confirm yet on what cable companies will be compatible with XB1's TV/DVR functionality. Probably still negotiating.
Hints that no headset included with console. Megaton. Suggests Kinect will be default device acting as microphone
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu May 23, 2013 12:07 am

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 8 Untitledxcstj

Spoiler:

Tbh though, not much of a difference. Probably only noticeable on Sony exclusives. I don't think specs will matter as much this gen.

edit: also I like the new Xbox controller. I like both systems controllers actually.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 am

Has this been posted yet?

Perhaps most intriguing, however, is that Xbox One gives game developers the ability to access Microsoft’s Azure cloud computing platform. That leads to a few obvious and immediate applications: All your downloaded and installed games and achievements are synced to the cloud and can be accessed and played without interruption on any Xbox One you sign in to; stable, dedicated servers for every multiplayer game rather than the notoriously fragile practice of hosting matches on one participant’s console; even multiplayer matches that can grow to 64, even 128 participants, rather than the usual limit of 16 or 32.

:bow:

I don't know about the rest of you but that is massive to me, i absolutely loath peer to peer.

As for controller and systems looking ugly, personally i don't care as long it works properly.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 23, 2013 12:32 am

dmize wrote:The Official Xbox Thread - Page 8 Untitledxcstj

Spoiler:

Tbh though, not much of a difference. Probably only noticeable on Sony exclusives. I don't think specs will matter as much this gen.

edit: also I like the new Xbox controller. I like both systems controllers actually.

Sony makes some powerful consoles. GDDR5 is unreal. Really hope the game developers can use it to it's full potential. Specially after Sony consulted most companies before making the console unlike last time.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 23, 2013 12:44 am

Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets?+main+twitter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 am

Official Xbox Support account has said there is no used game fees and it doesn't need to be always online.

So there's two of the rumors people were complaining about put to bed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu May 23, 2013 1:30 am

Specs won't ever matter, because the developers never did fully utilized PS3's capability, and if they somehow do it won't be for at least another 5 years.

i think the fee for the used game is probably gonna be the like EA pass and multiplier pass etc

And initially the xbox360 looked ugly to me but after a while i got used to it... and judging by the PS4 sneak video it looks like straight lines and rectangle too
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu May 23, 2013 11:34 am

even if the always online and no used games rumours aren't true, microsoft are doing an absolutely awful job at shooting them down... whoever's in charge of their pr should have been fired a week ago, you can't let this shit slide without confirmation

or it is indeed true and the xbox will be a constant drm console Laughing

also why the *bleep* would you need THREE gb for system? who optimised that, my grandmother?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 23, 2013 12:12 pm

che wrote:even if the always online and no used games rumours aren't true, microsoft are doing an absolutely awful job at shooting them down... whoever's in charge of their pr should have been fired a week ago, you can't let this shit slide without confirmation

or it is indeed true and the xbox will be a constant drm console Laughing

also why the *bleep* would you need THREE gb for system? who optimised that, my grandmother?

Completely agree awful PR job all round.

Doubt it will matter in the end though, the system will still sell like crazy and if E3 is really all about the games like they claim then it all will be forgotten anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 pm

I thought that the PS4 CPU was over-clocked at more than 1.6ghz , huh ?

Legend wrote:Specs won't ever matter, because the developers never did fully utilized PS3's capability, and if they somehow do it won't be for at least another 5 years.

I think you're wrong here , PS3 was a terrible system to develop games for ... If they really made the PS4 with advice from devs , I see no reason why they wouldnt use it as much as they can , it's not like devs don't make better graphics on PC while on the consoles they are terrible .

But yeah , every EA game is going to be the same on both consoles if they are siding with Microsoft right now ... and i hate the fact that EA has so many studios under them ...

As already mentioned , E3 is where people will decide which of the black boxes to buy Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 23, 2013 5:13 pm

He's right about the 5 years thing though.... most consoles don't see the potential graphic wise until years into the cycle.... just look at 360 now compared to launch lol.

I don't think there is a major difference anyway and the cloud computing that Xbox are using allowing the specs to be upgraded over time and the operating systems will mean that specs are not that relevant.

More the exclusive titles, content and features which set each one aside which will probably be a more deciding factor.

But yeah in 2 weeks the answers to all these questions will be known.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Well obviously time will pass until devs will take every juice out of the consoles ...

I heard about that cloud computing ... so does that mean that you're going to need an always online connection , while playing the games that we're developed to use the cloud computing ??? ... i don't have a problem with that , but doesn't america have terrible internet speed !? Speculation everywhere ... Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu May 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm not judging the console too much right now as I know the best is still yet to come. However I am very disappointed there is no backwards compatibility meaning you can't play 360 games one the One No that and the built in kinect are my only gripes with it so far, the new controller looks pretty good, just improved on an already decent design (improved Dpad, 360 one sucked etc.).

I'll make my decision on which console I'm going to buy when the time comes and all the facts are out

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum