Jay29
FalcaoPunch
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeletedUser#1
41 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Multi-supporters: Can they be taken seriously ?

"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Vote_lcap51%"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 20 ]
"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Vote_lcap49%"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 39

"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Empty Re: "Fans" who support more than one team

Post by Art Morte Tue 15 Jan - 10:53

I partly agree and disagree with Sepi.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

"Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Empty Re: "Fans" who support more than one team

Post by la bestia negra Tue 15 Jan - 10:54

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:

I do accept Bayern fans from other cities/countries, but it's really another feeling/thing if you live in the same city. You can talk to everybody in work/school with friends and with many unknown people in clubs or bars about your club. You know the mentality and soul of the club/city, and espacially we bavarians have our very special culture Wink

this even though jordan has one of the biggest fan-base's outside germnay i feel isolated due to the fact that they are all over 50 FFS

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 15 Jan - 11:04

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:For me it's even weird if fans support a team from another city or country, because imo one should support a club where you live/come from, but i guess 90% of this forum don't live in the city of their supported team so i accept it Very Happy

Im from India, We only play Cricket.
Wtf can i do.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue 15 Jan - 11:06

GoonerJay29 wrote:See, I don't put football on the same level as girlfriends or family because those things are a lot more important in my life than a sport. I love watching and examining football but for me it's just a hobby and form of entertainment.

I'll get disappointed if one of my clubs doesn't win and happy if they do, but it's usually just a fleeting feeling that sticks around for a few minutes. I certainly don't go to sleep that night thinking about the result, nor does it effect my week in the slightest. I don't see any point in putting so much emotional investment into something I have zero influence over - if we win, great; if we lose, oh well, shit happens. It's not like I can pick up a controller and control all the players myself.

I do support two teams now. I have a stronger attachment for Arsenal than I do Sevilla, but that's only because I've been supporting them for 15 odd years while I only recently started to follow Sevilla more closely. I do watch every Sevilla game, I do get happy or disappointed depending on their results and I do follow their transfers and the inner-workings at the club. None of this effects my support for Arsenal in the slightest. Supporting Sevilla has actually helped me gain a better understanding of Spanish football, which is ultimately what I want as a football fan.

great post. this is similair to how i support my team (although i can get really upset and not sleep if my team gets absolutely humiliated like 5-0 clasico)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue 15 Jan - 11:13

Fall back team aint it

Results dont go one teams way so can switch to the other team during rough periods.

Pathetic really.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue 15 Jan - 11:53

Se7en wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:See, I don't put football on the same level as girlfriends or family because those things are a lot more important in my life than a sport. I love watching and examining football but for me it's just a hobby and form of entertainment.

I'll get disappointed if one of my clubs doesn't win and happy if they do, but it's usually just a fleeting feeling that sticks around for a few minutes. I certainly don't go to sleep that night thinking about the result, nor does it effect my week in the slightest. I don't see any point in putting so much emotional investment into something I have zero influence over - if we win, great; if we lose, oh well, shit happens. It's not like I can pick up a controller and control all the players myself.

I do support two teams now. I have a stronger attachment for Arsenal than I do Sevilla, but that's only because I've been supporting them for 15 odd years while I only recently started to follow Sevilla more closely. I do watch every Sevilla game, I do get happy or disappointed depending on their results and I do follow their transfers and the inner-workings at the club. None of this effects my support for Arsenal in the slightest. Supporting Sevilla has actually helped me gain a better understanding of Spanish football, which is ultimately what I want as a football fan.

great post. this is similair to how i support my team (although i can get really upset and not sleep if my team gets absolutely humiliated like 5-0 clasico)

Lyon eliminating us in the first round hurt me more than the 5-0, i was swearing at everything that night lol.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 15 Jan - 12:02

Am i seeing double here lol? thought Se7en and Pedram were the same poster but got their name changed?

Clear this up pls lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 15 Jan - 12:37

Personally, I can't support two teams. I can like some teams, but I generally like players, and thus follow those teams because of those players. I also like Serie A, so I generally watch whatever match I can find. I watch other leagues as well. I used to get really emotional with Milan, still do. The reason I enjoy watching other games is because a Milan game would leave too much emotionally exhausted.

The result does not matter to me anymore though, I am more experienced with grief as a person now to feel much about a football result. My personality makeup however makes it difficult to watch Milan. I don't think I can reach that level of emotional attachment to another club.

Can I take 2 team fans seriously. It depends on the fan really. People with different personality makeups have different opinions on the subject, and shouldn't football really about the fun we get from it. Sure there is a huge emotional investment in it for some fans, but that doesn't make people that don't have as much investment less of a fan. They might be a different type of fan, but there opinions should be judged on their worth, not their degree of fandom.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 15 Jan - 12:49

You can take them seriously, but it just means they are glory supporters and I personally wouldn't consider them a true true fan of their club.

You can only love one club imo, like in situations where I don't know this weekend Man Utd beat Liverpool and this fella supports Liverpool and Madrid and he gets trolled/ripped for it. Then he argues how he's a Madrid fan and they beat Man U or what ever, plastic glory supporter imo.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue 15 Jan - 12:53

:coffee: i consider them as neutral fans , so yes they be taken seriously but as neutral fans or football fans

Last edited by Epoto on Tue 15 Jan - 13:03; edited 1 time in total
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 15 Jan - 12:58

Epoto wrote: :coffee: i consider them as natural fans , so yes they be taken seriously but as natural fans or football fans

Do you mean "neutral" ?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Jan - 13:00

RealGunner wrote:I don't like the word "support" because i don't think you can support more than one team. You can like several but you can't support several.

I have liked Roma since 2001, We (Arsenal) played them 4 times since then till now. But during the matches it didn't occur to me once that i have a soft spot for the Italian club. It was just Arsenal.

However their opinion on things are different matter unless it involves their own teams. I don't see why it can't be taken seriously

You're wrong there RG. Myself and Arq are prime examples you can do it. And it's not like we recently started supporting these teams. Both Arq and myself have been supporting (Pool&Madrid and Pool&Milan) for over a decade. Since the teams we support are rarely in direct competition our support is almost never divided. In the whole time I've been supporting both Madrid and Pool they've only met once in CL Round 16 in 09 and I can truly tell you that I was the most neutral fan you can ever find that day.

Why can't it be possible? Take for example the Bender brothers' parents. Do you think when Leverkusen play Dortmund and the two brothers face each other, their parents choose a side and support one son over the other. No!! They sit there as neutrals, enjoy the game and let the best team win.

Anyway, I don't care what other people think about this issue, I know it's possible because I myself am the perfect example and I can tell you over 12 years I have been supporting Pool and 14 years I've been supporting Madrid my support has never dwindled for any of them.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue 15 Jan - 13:01

Art Morte wrote:
Epoto wrote: :coffee: i consider them as neutral fans , so yes they be taken seriously but as neutral fans or football fans

Do you mean "neutral" ?

yes sorry this fire fox likes to fix and not all the time goes well , i should pay more attention hmm Thumbs up
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Jan - 13:02

Abramovich wrote:You can take them seriously, but it just means they are glory supporters and I personally wouldn't consider them a true true fan of their club.

You can only love one club imo, like in situations where I don't know this weekend Man Utd beat Liverpool and this fella supports Liverpool and Madrid and he gets trolled/ripped for it. Then he argues how he's a Madrid fan and they beat Man U or what ever, plastic glory supporter imo.

Laughing you think getting trolled has anything to do with supporting clubs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 15 Jan - 13:06

Why you Laughing its not particularly funny, I suppose if you understood football banter you would know. Any football fan will tell you bragging rights is a big part of football or even any sport so yeah getting troll is linked to supporting clubs.

Also if you think that post was targeted at you, it was just by coincidence you support them 2 clubs, as Man Utd - vs Pool came to my head this weekend and they play RM soon
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Jan - 13:10

Abramovich wrote:Why you Laughing its not particularly funny, I suppose if you understood football banter you would know. Any football fan will tell you bragging rights is a big part of football or even any sport so yeah getting troll is linked to supporting clubs.

Also if you think that post was targeted at you, it was just by coincidence you support them 2 clubs, as Man Utd - vs Pool came to my head this weekend and they play RM soon

Right, but that doesn't mean you choose to support a club based on the fact that you can troll your mates because of it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 15 Jan - 13:17

But that's not my point and I never said that, lemme quote this guy too tired to try expand my point. The quote isn't fully what I want to interp via my post but it's close enough.

Lord Spencer wrote:
I don't think I can reach that level of emotional attachment to another club.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Jan - 13:28

Abramovich wrote:But that's not my point and I never said that, lemme quote this guy too tired to try expand my point. The quote isn't fully what I want to interp via my post but it's close enough.

Lord Spencer wrote:

That's his inability than anything tbh. I can tell you it's possible.

So would you not have two children because you can't get attached emotionally to more than one kid??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue 15 Jan - 13:40

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Abramovich wrote:But that's not my point and I never said that, lemme quote this guy too tired to try expand my point. The quote isn't fully what I want to interp via my post but it's close enough.

Lord Spencer wrote:

That's his inability than anything tbh. I can tell you it's possible.

So would you not have two children because you can't get attached emotionally to more than one kid??

And I do mention that it due to my own personality makeup that I am unable to do so.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue 15 Jan - 14:12

Of course you can take them seriously, so long as they arent bandwagoning trolls who are "diehard" fans of whichever team is the flavor of the month as far as form, only to switch it up the following month. But liking a team and full on supporting a team is different. For example, 3-4 years ago Im sure the majority of us here knew MUCH less about BVB (a team who's become awesome in those last years) in terms of everyday activity because they weren't at the same level they are today. Whether or not you "support" the team is one thing but merely liking the team just means you enjoy watching good football, at least IMO.

Pretty much, supporting two teams doesnt mean you know nothing of football but rather that you may enjoy following more than one style. Nothing wrong with that.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue 15 Jan - 14:20

Support Liverpool and Barcelona the most but I don't really love any of them.Why should I love Liverpool when I live in Liverpool yet can't even go to the games because it's too hard to get a ticket?I supported Athletic Bilbao last season but I refuse to watch them now that they have sold their soul by playing a non Basque player.

Nowadays I am more of a football supporter,I would rather watch Juventus,Athletico Madrid or Valencia for example instead of a Liverpool game because our team is rubbish nowadays and I don't enjoy watching us pass the ball along the defense all game,boring football.I don't like players like Suarez either,he is a insufferable cheat.

I support Barcelona because they play the best football in history and have the best players,I have watched every game since the start of the 2009 - 2010 season.I have been to one game last year and loved the city and stadium.

I am a big Spain supporter at international level.And I also like Uruguay.

La Liga is my favorite league,if Valencia for example were to play Liverpool in the CL or EL I would support Valencia.I only really support Liverpool when they play in England.

Last edited by worms on Tue 15 Jan - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue 15 Jan - 14:27

worms wrote:I supported Athletic Bilbao last season but I refuse to watch them now that they have sold their soul by playing a non Basque player

bhabhahabhabahaahahhahahahahahahhaahhahahhahahahahhahahaha
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 15 Jan - 14:36

Well now worms is describing the perfect glory hunter. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue 15 Jan - 14:39

Atletico Madrid*

And when did LFC start attracting so many trolls?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 15 Jan - 15:10

Goonerjay29 wrote:I do support two teams now. I have a stronger attachment for Arsenal than I do Sevilla, but that's only because I've been supporting them for 15 odd years while I only recently started to follow Sevilla more closely. I do watch every Sevilla game, I do get happy or disappointed depending on their results and I do follow their transfers and the inner-workings at the club. None of this effects my support for Arsenal in the slightest. Supporting Sevilla has actually helped me gain a better understanding of Spanish football, which is ultimately what I want as a football fan.

I've had to explain it before, but this is how I am with Barcelona and Tottenham.

If Barcelona was a woman, I would be married to her, I would love her and I would never ever think about leaving her. If Tottenham was a woman, she would be a very good friend of mine, one I will probably never love, but I still make time for, care for, and am attached to. I wouldn't ever leave her either, but in the end I don't love her.

The fact that Barcelona and Tottenham don't ever meet in European competition (if they have before I was not old enough) makes it easy for me. And I do follow Tottenham and their results do affect me, but it's never for too long.

Barcelona losses on the other hand, like in the CL, destroy me.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this and to be completely honest, I tend to take people who "support" two clubs more seriously, because they watch both and generally know their stuff, more than the plastic fanboy does.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue 15 Jan - 15:28

i only support one..

coach "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 41643_100000512852301_1274_q

joke aside im only a follower of 2..

players "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 276822_209093199104768_26465266_q "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Ronaldo-czech-t

just kidding im only a fan of 4 teams "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Parma "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 373483_230875049073_343227144_q "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 Kallithea-e1358179315112 "Fans" who support more than one team - Page 3 1291305397_real_madrid

and im taken seriously... or not? hmm who cares

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next