windkick
The Sanchez
Donuts
gondov
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by billy_gr 28/1/2013, 14:53

Yeah I agree. Xavi’s style of play is barely affected by his age. He’s not a Gatuso type of player basing his game in physical prowess. I can see him playing at top level for a couple of years a la Pirlo

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by The Franchise 28/1/2013, 14:54

That I agree with, pre red we were looking a little slack in terms of giving the ball away and doing the basics. The goal they scored was terrible defending for example.

They left Villa and Adriano alone to deal with 3 players on the throw in...thats basic stuff.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 28/1/2013, 17:33

alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:
eelir wrote:Thiago might not realize his potential, but he is young, and he can learn from mistakes, the one with Malaga was mistake from both Thiago and Pinto, although Thiago should have been aware of his surrounding. But players learn from these mistakes. All ingredients are there for him to shine for Barca.

danyjr be careful, no one really expected Xavi to become Xavi when he was 21. I am not saying he will become like Xavi, but he might be at that level in his own way.

I would add that there's nothing wrong with Thiago doing that mistake once in a while. When Busquets first came in, he was doing a huge mistake like Thiago's vs. Malaga every single match. He learnt from it through experience and being given a lot of confidence, and now look at him. Thiago's only problem is that he doesn't have as much game time as Busquets or Xavi had at his age, in part due to Song being here and Xavi not stepping aside progressively.

Why should Xavi step aside progressively?He is still the best in the business and the benchmark for every other midfielder out there.As long as he is performing at the level he is,he is an undisputed starter.If anyone should be benched for Thiago,its Cesc.

Results say Cesc playing it's fine.

Xavi is still the best, but he is showing some signs of decline this season IMO, and he is not getting any younger. If we want to give both Cesc and Thiago enough minutes to be the future replacements, Xavi and Iniesta, but especially Xavi since he is older, should rotate more IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat 28/1/2013, 18:08

alexjanosik wrote:
Wonderful pass.Didnt know that he could pass that well with his right.He does have a pretty good right foot.

Which pass you mean? Towards the end when Villa dribled cutting in and GK saved?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik 28/1/2013, 18:52

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:

I would add that there's nothing wrong with Thiago doing that mistake once in a while. When Busquets first came in, he was doing a huge mistake like Thiago's vs. Malaga every single match. He learnt from it through experience and being given a lot of confidence, and now look at him. Thiago's only problem is that he doesn't have as much game time as Busquets or Xavi had at his age, in part due to Song being here and Xavi not stepping aside progressively.

Why should Xavi step aside progressively?He is still the best in the business and the benchmark for every other midfielder out there.As long as he is performing at the level he is,he is an undisputed starter.If anyone should be benched for Thiago,its Cesc.

Results say Cesc playing it's fine.

Xavi is still the best, but he is showing some signs of decline this season IMO, and he is not getting any younger. If we want to give both Cesc and Thiago enough minutes to be the future replacements, Xavi and Iniesta, but especially Xavi since he is older, should rotate more IMO.

Dont see the decline and the stats back me up.He averages 102 passes per game at a pass completion rate of 95.3 % in the league.In the CL its 151 passes per game at a completion rate of 96.4%.Those are staggering figures.He retains possession just as well as ever and scores the odd crucial goal.And he is more daring with his passes compared to say last season.
With our defense the way it is,leaking in goals,dont think its wise to bench the player who ensures we dominate the midfield every single game.
Thiago should play more but not at the expense of the team.I am not comfortable with a midfield 2 of Thiago and Fabregas yet.So if Thiago plays,its Fabregas for me who has to make way.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik 28/1/2013, 18:53

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
Wonderful pass.Didnt know that he could pass that well with his right.He does have a pretty good right foot.

Which pass you mean? Towards the end when Villa dribled cutting in and GK saved?

Not that one.That one was with his left.There was another one.It was a medium range pass from the center right to wide left with his right foot.Was quite surprised to see it.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms 28/1/2013, 19:01

Xavi is playing better this season than he was last season IMO.I hope we start rotating him more so he doesn't tire for the CL.Thiago completed the most passes yesterday though with 119 out of 130 completed.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3