windkick
The Sanchez
Donuts
gondov
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 Empty Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:30 pm

21st league match
19:00 CET 18:00 GMT 13:00 EST
Venue: Camp Nou

Refs:
Árbitro FERNANDO TEIXEIRA VITIENES
Cuarto árbitro MIGUEL BOSCH DOMENECH
Árbitro asistente 1 VICTORIANO DÍAZ CASADO
Árbitro asistente 2 MANUEL ÁNGEL TORRE CIMIANO
Delegado informador JOSÉ ENGUIX SALES

Focus Fixed on Osasuna

Players and coaches turned their attention to the league again this morning following Thursday’s Cup success, with the focus on Sunday evening’s game at the Camp Nou against Osasuna. The players who featured against Malaga did some gentle warm down work at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, whilst the rest of the squad had a more intensive session under Jordi Roura, preparing for Sunday’s game against Osasuna.

Leo Messi was taken off in the second half against Malaga with a twinge in his right thigh, but although he worked with the physio this morning, he will be available for Sunday’s game.

Day off for Song

Alex Song was unable to get back from Malaga until just before the session this morning after he was delayed after the game for a mandatory drug test and was unable to fly back with the rest of the squad on Thursday night. As a result, the coaches decided to give him the day off from training.
Also at the session was B team player Sergi Roberto, who worked away from the rest of the squad as part of his recovery from the injury he picked up against Cordoba in the Cup.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by gondov Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:45 pm

villa----------------cesc---------------alexis--

--------thiago-----------------iniesta

--------------------song-------------------

adriano----masc------------puyol------montoya
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13 Empty Re: Barcelona vs Osasuna | La Liga | 27/01/13

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

----------------------Valdes
-----Montoya----Puyol------Mascherano----Adriano
-----------------------Song
--------------Thiago----------Ineista
-------------------------
---Sanchez-------------Villa----------------Tello
would be my ideal squad to rest the big names for Madrid
I would change Iniesta for Cesc at half time, maybe bring on Cuenca for minutes, rest Mascherano for barta (because he'll prob play against Madrid knowing Tito)
But this is me just thinking logical and smartest way to play but we'll prob start Messi, sub only in the 80th minute when the players are already dead tired, and top it off by never bringing on Villa.

Last edited by Donuts on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:12 am

We will play our strongest side in the Copa therefore we will play a rather weaker side. Xavi will be rested with Thiago or Cesc in that creative role whilst hopefully Messi will be rested. Not because of the Copa game but rather him getting some rest and not get any injured further. Montoya to play at RB with either Adriano or Alba at left back. Song probs won't play therefore Busquests will DEFINATELY play. Hopefully Villa will start. I want to win but I want to rest a few key players to play a full strength side against Madrid.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:48 am

Villa never plays centrally with or without messi in the starting line up. We always seem to use a false 9, Messi, Cesc or even Thiago.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 am

I realize that, but I would love to see Villa play as a 9. Hasn't played there since his Valencia days and he was fantastic. We have faster wingers than him so it would only make sense

--------------Valdes
--Montoya-Mash-Pique-Adriano
---------------Song
-------Cesc----------Thiago
-Alexis------Villa----------Tello

Cuenca on for Alexis
Sergi on for Cesc

Of course this won't happen but whatever lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 am

gondov wrote:
Villa never plays centrally with or without messi in the starting line up. We always seem to use a false 9, Messi, Cesc or even Thiago.
Yeah I know, I just posted my ideal squad which would look great on paper Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:58 am

defense and mid may be with second squad but upfront i dont think we will take that much risk playing tello,alexis and villa. Alexis totally out of form, villa and tello hardly played from start in last 1-2 months. I mean i will go for at least one proven scorer. well villa may be proven but he has no game time.
I think at least pedro/Messi will start.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 am

this game should be easy enough for us to play our second string squad, at home vs third in the bottom team that being said we should have confidence in our forwards without always relying on Messi or Pedro etc.
I know were prob going to play one of them but it'd be a nice test to see how we would do.
15 point leads allow us to take these risks and we should use them especially to take advantage of resting players for the bigger more important match.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:08 am

Nice little Barça evening we've got tomorrow. Mini clásico at 1700 h. followed directly by this. Smile
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 am

Donuts wrote:this game should be easy enough for us to play our second string squad, at home vs third in the bottom team that being said we should have confidence in our forwards without always relying on Messi or Pedro etc.
I know were prob going to play one of them but it'd be a nice test to see how we would do.
15 point leads allow us to take these risks and we should use them especially to take advantage of resting players for the bigger more important match.
while i understand and agree of what you said i think team is reluctant about that issue. it seems to be taking every game serious and try to play as best squad as possible.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Worst linesmans ever.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Worst linesmans ever.

QFT.

That move from Xavi was godly.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I love this team.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:52 pm

I know I am being spoiled, and bratty but disapointed.
yes we won 5-1 but should of literally been 10-1 with all those stupid misses from Alexis and some understandable misses from Villa.
we should of really rested our team and played Messi full 90 minutes, lets hope it doesn't take a toll on him.
anyways Messi once again casting a shadow over Ronaldo's success.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Easy game. Alexis needs to get his confident back; will happen soon. Now lets get ready for RM and Milan.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:55 pm

This was a training for messi. He run like three times.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

God i'm so frustrated with alexis, hope we sell him in the summer. He does well to get into scoring positions but his awful finishing and reluctance to shoot (perhaps not uncorrelated) are not getting any better.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Match was a bore-fest, but we got the 3 points an played in 5th gear with no injuries so its all good.

Alexis still cant finish to save his life however he will be an important sub in the future. His pace and workrate would be a nightmare for a tiring defence.

I think he has psyhological problem , prolly anxiety or something, and the longer his drought continues , the worse it will get. The crowd are beginning to boo him too. I feel sad for him tbh. He showed last season that he can be a 15 goal-season player so all hope isnt lost yet.

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 pm

tbh, today he didnt have a really great chance. His best chance was when he missed that "open" goal but honestly that was really messi's fault. He passed the ball behind sanchez, so Sanchez had to adjust his body just to be able to control the ball and because he had to adjust his body, he didnt have time to shoot. That's alteast what I and the sky sport commentator thought..

IMO Villa's chance at the end was easier to score but even Villa, who is like a billion times better at finishing, missed..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Villa didn't miss. The keeper saved it. Plus he had a legit goal disallowed. Alexis on the other hand doesn't even get shots on target.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 pm

futbol wrote:Villa didn't miss. The keeper saved it. Plus he had a legit goal disallowed. Alexis on the other hand doesn't even get shots on target.

today he only had 2 shots IIRC, and one of them he had to do alot of work to just be able to take a shot(twist and turn), so you cant really blame him for not hitting the target, and for the other one Messi gave him an awful pass, so he had to adjust his body just to be able to control the ball and because of that, the defender was able to come back and clear the ball..

the other 2 chances really showed that he has absolutely no confidence infront of the goal atm...

I am not saying that Sanchez doesnt deserve the criticism, belive me I absolutely agree that he deserves the criticism, but then be fair and consitent with the criticism. Don't criticize just one player..

And saying that Villa didnt miss but that the keeper saved it, is :facepalm:
You and I both know that if it would have been Sanchez instead of Villa, you would have been wanting to kill him seeing as Sanchez has had alot of sitters saved by the keeper..

About the disallowed goal, well that happends. Its not like Sanchez hasnt had a million wrongly offside calls against him..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Quite a boring match if I'm honest, I thought Osasuna were up for the challenge until the red card but they only got Arribas to blame. Very stupid mistake which took the life out of the match.

Villa is such a GOAT, it kills me when I see him on the bench. His understanding of the game is peerless and he still has plenty to offer Barcelona, or any other team.

Alexis, you will score one day! I think his touch has been really bad, especially when you compare it to Barcelona standards. One thing you shouldn't forget is that when you watch a player missing a lot of chances it means he is getting a lot of chances. The latter is a very good thing, it means good movement and awareness.

And finally, I thought Thiago was shit. Very casual display from the seemingly disinterested youngster. With these kind of performances Fàbregas will be first choice in replacing Xaviesta. Very strong performance by Cesc by the way, he produced some fantastic long balls for Dani Alves and Sánchez on a few occasions. He's starting to really click with his team mates.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Fabregas has really turned around his Barca career! He has been brilliant so far this season..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Thiago wasn't shit, what are you on?

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum