Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers

2 posters

Go down

Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers  Empty Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:06 am

Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers  27_1_2004_f26

He died on the pitch exactly 9 years ago today, and each year since then at this time I watch the video and lose myself every time Crying or Very sad RIP

I haven't seen this one before, and I would just like to know what they're saying in the video, especially Nuno Gomes and Simão's interviews. any help would be much appreciated. I'm especially curious because i really enjoyed watching these 2 great players, especially Simão who was just excellent.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers  Empty Re: Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 am

Simão

(0:41) - 'He was an introvert, but he was also very playful at times. He had an outstanding smile, which he used when he joked around or when he scored. I'll always remember the smile.'

(1:02) - 'There's a locker for him, where we store photographs, postcards and various paintings the fans send to us. I'm sure it will remain there forever.'

(1:20) - '[About yelling Miki before each home game] We do it for him, but it's also important for us because it gives us an inner strenght.'

(2:13) - 'He was my age, and it made me think that could have happened to me, because of the same age and same profession.'

(2:33) - 'While I'm here, we will remember him, and I'm sure in the future everybody will still remember him because it was such an important and dramatic event for all of us.'

Nuno Gomes

(0:23) - 'He was very humble, a person that always enjoyed learning and always tried to help everyone. He was very playful. He was impeccable.'

(1:50) - 'I suffered a lot because I was in front of the television and I wanted to do something. I was crying. The moments we waited in the hospital were extremely painful, until the news of his death were confirmed.'

Not an exact translation, but it should be close.

Truly a marking moment Sad
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers  Empty Re: Benfica fans / Portuguese speakers

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 am

wow that was very quick! thanks so much for the translation - I really appreciate it. Thumbs up

I cheered for you guys and really enjoyed watching your NT in the Euros '04 and WC '06. I was in Hungary at the time and remember the epic game vs England and when Rui Costa scored.. we all went crazy. That moment really stood out to me. You guys are held in very high regard over there at my homeland. Very Happy
much respect cheers
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 am

No problem Thumbs up

Portugal and USA to be WC 2014 finalists :coffee:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down