Are we Gonna act like 90% of this forum wasn't wrong about Walcott?

+17
free_cat
OLpower
lenear1030
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
Harmonica
Jay29
Bellabong
VivaStPauli
worms
Donuts
CBarca
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
Gil
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are we Gonna act like 90% of this forum wasn't wrong about Walcott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we Gonna act like 90% of this forum wasn't wrong about Walcott?

Post by OLpower Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:09 pm

I admit I thought that Gervinho would bench Walcott quite easily. Seeing as Gevinho was one of the best Ligue 1 player, playing impressively with Lille, I thought he would be able to show his capacities at Arsenal.

It did not happen.

OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Are we Gonna act like 90% of this forum wasn't wrong about Walcott? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we Gonna act like 90% of this forum wasn't wrong about Walcott?

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Quotes or didn't happen.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am

I dont understand what people were wrong about Laughing

Who said he wasnt fast and couldnt finish?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 am

I do believe the sentiment was implied with the phrase "no footballing brain"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 am

Lex wrote:I do believe the sentiment was implied with the phrase "no footballing brain"

Lex, the thing is initially in the nascent stages of his career he did not possess the most acute and adept sense of footballing IQ and tactical awareness. It wasn't that he didn't possess any footballing brain yet his initial 'rawness' was on cue by the display that he didn't know where to move, where to move, where to pass, the timings needed, and to read the passage of attacking play. Sounds harsh but it came down to that like many up and coming youngsters, he just needed more time, experience and guidance to acquire the needed tactical sense that he has now. Some youngsters get it early others acquire it a little later as its just a matter of maturity in the footballing sense.

Fortunately for Thor, he has finally acquired that through very diligent efforts which was actually made in breakthrough when he wasn't called up during the 2010 World Cup. In that summer he trained himself with the Arsenal staff in a gruelling series practices and coverciano methods in improving the tactical side of his play.

So in essence while he had a bundle of talent, his footballing IQ with the help of Wenger and his personal efforts was left to be developed as it initially was quite raw 2-3 years ago.

Now its nearly difficult to deny how much it has vastly improved, as it also would be cruel to deny that Walcott has an intelligent (footballing) head on his shoulders.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am

Well at sometimes he did do stupid things on the pitch and even now he isnt immune to that. He does run into cul de sacs at times, thats a fact.

However, whoever thought a 22 year old or whoever old at the time would NEVER improve and get smarter...I dunno who they were.

I think people need to realise, instead said differently, most people here talk about players in the short term.

When they say player x is stupid and has no brain, they probably mean right now...not forever.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:11 am

Gil wrote:16 goals and 10 assists on the season despite spending half of it on the bench behind a scrub named Gervais.

Top 5 counter attacking player in the World, near elite finisher, terrific off the ball movement, fastest player to ever play the sport, ever improving intelligence and vision and almost always shows up in the big games when it matters.

Yeah he couldn't dribble past Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend but neither could Ronaldo and he's a consensus Top 2 player in the World. Dribbling matters little when your movement is so good and you're in the right system alongside above average footballers.

Already a Top 10 wide forward/winger.

biabiany says hi
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am

The Franchise wrote:When they say player x is stupid and has no brain, they probably mean right now...not forever.
Not really, otherwise they would say he's "raw, young, inexperienced" or any of the usual spiel
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

Lex wrote:
The Franchise wrote:When they say player x is stupid and has no brain, they probably mean right now...not forever.
Not really, otherwise they would say he's "raw, young, inexperienced" or any of the usual spiel

Well I cant speak for everyone so perhaps your right.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 am

Pardon my questioning but what exactly has Walcott done to be deserving of any praise? He has had less than 15 good games in his whole career, and then he had the audacity to try and not sign a contract after what Arsene Wenger has done for his career. No, I think everything that was said about him was correct. At the moment Arsenal were the most vulnerable he showed his true colours. If he didn't sign for Arsenal what big club would want him?

Barcelona? He would be below even Deulofeu, who is Barcelona B
Real Madrid - He would never get a taste of the first team except all their fowards got injured
Bayern Munchen - Again he will never get a game and even less chance seeing as Pep Guardiola doesn't like brainless footballers
Manchester United - He would be on the bench

Arsene Wenger puts faith in him and he spits right back in his face. A player that has always been ovvertated and will have only a bulging bank account to show for it at the end of his career or if his footballing brain is how his common sense operates, then he will have nothing to show for it at the end of his career.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:Arsene Wenger puts faith in him and he spits right back in his face. A player that has always been ovvertated and will have only a bulging bank account to show for it at the end of his career or if his footballing brain is how his common sense operates, then he will have nothing to show for it at the end of his career.

We're talking about Walcott who just signed a new deal, not RVP.

Walcott has improved. His footballing brain has improved, his finishing has improved, and he's still developing.

The thing that still lets him down more than anything is his decision making in the final 3rd. He needs to look up and play the correct pass which I still see him fail to do. I can recall a few instances where Giroud for example made a good run and lost his marker, but Walcott couldn't pick him out with a simple lay-off.

Other than that, i'm happy with him and how he's come of age. If Messi says that Walcott's the player Barca feared, and is one of the most dangerous players he's ever played against, then that's surely a testament to his effectiveness. Also notice how he always makes an impact for his NT in recent times whenever he has come on.

Theonel is boss Thumbs up
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2