We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil?

+20
guest7
MJ
El Gunner
Art Morte
Lupi
CBarca
McAgger
BarcaLearning
Ganso
futbol
Kaladin
Arquitecto
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Rebaño Sagrado
farfan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Gil
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil? Empty We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil?

Post by Gil Thu May 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Time for the GOAT to cement his legacy in the enemies own country. Are you ready people?

Aguero Higuain Messi
Di Maria Masch Banega
Who Cares Garay Zabaleta
Meh

We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil? Maradona-ball-scratch

This is potentially Argentina's greatest team ever and their core is coming into this tournament in great form.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil? Empty Re: We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil?

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 11:21 pm

I hope it.
my 2nd NT after Italy.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil? Empty Re: We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Not with that back 4 not a chance.

Believe me a Newcastle fan knows that a deadly front 6 with a shit back 4 wins you nothing Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 11:24 pm

who cares , meh and messi's inevitable flopping will cost them .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not with that back 4 not a chance.

Believe me a Newcastle fan knows that a deadly front 6 with a shit back 4 wins you nothing Laughing

lol at remy and " deadly front "  Laughing 
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 01, 2014 11:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not with that back 4 not a chance.

Their backline isn't as bad as everyone claims. Zabaleta and Garay are both top class defenders and they get extra protection from the World Class Mascherano.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 11:27 pm

I was actually talking about previous teams lol.

We are shit in every capacity these days.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu May 01, 2014 11:29 pm

They aint winning shit in Brazil
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Garay is underrated, I couldn't he was so good .

Mascherano was one of my best mdifelder and I dreamed to have him with Cambiasso in summer 2010 ( noone passed with that dam ffs) and I think he can be still a great midifielder if he plays in midifeld. Awful defender otherwise

They are unlucky to have a coach who loves scrub GKs , Caballero would be the Argentina's starter with anyone , and they are so unlucky expecially to have the worst Messi ever just this year

About the fact that Argentina has always the potential to win/destroy the cup it's not a new thing.
in 2002 they were the best NT in that cup by far ( looking that roster, it was a fantastic team but Bielsa didn't pass the group strage :facepalm:) ,in 2006 they lost just after penalty kicks against German who host the cup and 2010 they had Maradona Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu May 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Still pissing me off Caballero hasn't gotten his chance. Disgraceful stuff from Sabella.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Messi has been saving himself all season for this WC. He best deliver.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Gago, Aguero, Higuain and Messi have all had injury scares this season (Gago is out on a long term injury now). Di Maria is the only one in truly GOAT form. Masche hasnt played in DM every sunday and is rusty there. Fernandez, Rojo and Romero are somehow starting over Ansaldi, Musacchio/Fazio and Caballero.

We're not winning anything. Semis would be an achievement, we haven't made it that far since 1990.

The argument for Argentina is basically "they have an easy ride into semis and after that point it's only 2 games and luck could be on their side"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Caballero for GK.

They have Musacchio/Gonzalo/Fazio/Campagnaro and a few others who are decent enough for CB.

Otamendi can play LB I think, then there's also Rojo, Ansaldi and Insua.

No one would have thought Atletico's defense would be as good as it is.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Agreed on Fazio, MT.

I recently criticized him until Alfred blasted me and requested that I observe him closer given I held a skewed view. Yet in the past 1-2 months of observation he has won me over and has been the only solid presence in a typically erratic Unai backline.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 02, 2014 12:09 am

Can't believe there's no mention of Maxi and Denis :facepalm:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 02, 2014 12:24 am

Banega doesn't even start for Argentina. I don't think he even participated in 1 qualifier game. Lady Gago is their midfield engine and he f*cked up his knee.

Agüero has played like 1 full 90 minutes in the past 4 months.

Their starting GK is sitting on Monaco's bench.

Messi is vomiting all over the place.

Their backline is vomit-inducing.

Relying on Higuain to score in big games (nevermind that he isn't lifting trees in Italy, scored in 2 out of his last 10 games). Laughing

Romania played them off the park in their last game.

Another Jill thread.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 02, 2014 12:54 am

they aren't going to do shit in our backyard.

if the other teams like Italy,Spain,Portgal etc flop then we aren't going to let them.In matter of fact I hope they finish second in their group so we can curb stomp the fck out of them in Semi finals.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 02, 2014 2:19 am

I Also want to see Argentina do well, but unfortunately they seem lacking in some areas as we all know. Football nowadays showing defense is so important and it seems thats Argentina's weak spot.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 02, 2014 4:11 am

The resident Forrest Gump tag is very apt to use in this case for Gil.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 02, 2014 4:26 am

Gil in Forrest Gump hmm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri May 02, 2014 7:39 am

Its must be a joke, a good joke indeed
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 02, 2014 9:10 am

They've got a ridiculously easy group, though (BosniaHerze, Iran, Nigeria), and will waltz through it with ease. Anything is possible in the knock-out stages, but a team with a proper midfield should trouble this top-heavy Argentina squad.

Also, International Football section ------->
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 am

Gil wrote:Time for the GOAT to cement his legacy in the enemies own country. Are you ready people?

Aguero Higuain Messi
Di Maria Masch Banega
Who Cares Garay Zabaleta
Meh

We Really Gonna Act Like Argentina Ain't Gonna Crush The Buildings In Brazil? Maradona-ball-scratch

This is potentially Argentina's greatest team ever and their core is coming into this tournament in great form.
Meh not convinced of their defense, neither of their combinations and chemistry in attack.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 02, 2014 10:22 am

Argentina will be lucky to get past Portugal in the quarters. If they do, they'll get crushed by Germany in the semis. I'm calling it now.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 am

GL judges team by past efforts so hard tbh.

Yall are clueless, if a bad backline (which is half bad atm, not as terrible as some make it to be) is their only worry then they will be fine.

Park the bus can make any teams defence look good (look at Real Madrid, Pepe and Ramos looked like GOATs when we defended deep)

Bit off topic but not really: This is Messi's chance. If he flops here, he can never be considered the GOAT. Maradona simply had a bigger impact because he was GOATing in club and national level. No excuses, can't blame the team or anything. They have a easy way to the final and a good team.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next