How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

+19
McLewis
REWB
Lupi
S
McAgger
Kaladin
Onyx
The Sanchez
VendettaRed07
Kick
elm_baraja_shaman
Lex
Tomwin Lannister
urbaNRoots
Swanhends
Jay29
The Franchise
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do you rate you're club's efforts this January? Empty How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 pm

9/10 if we signed another striker or even just another winger with a goal threat then it would have been 10.

We signed 3 internationals for less than the price of the 3rd best winger in the championship Laughing and two other promising players.

Aside from that i couldn't have asked for anything more and we even got Xisco off the wage bill.

Yes its 6 months too late but i'm ecstatic with the business we have done, hopefully we won't just stand still and push on from here to prevent seasons like this happening again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

How do you rate you're club's efforts this January? Empty Re: How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Barcelona just loaned out Cuenca is all if I'm not mistaken. So I don't have much to say there. Idk, I'd rather it be Alexis and Cuenca stay, personally. At least we didn't lose Villa.

Tottenham- good. Got Holtby. 8/10- he's what Spurs needed. 10/10 if Damiao was captured, but perhaps it will be easier in the summer. Offering 13 million pounds for Damiao was never going to get him though. That's poor. Captured Zeki as well which is nice, although he won't play too much of a role, but a good look to the future. Cudicini...nothing to say. Gomes went I think...good.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

How do you rate you're club's efforts this January? Empty Re: How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 pm

Keeping Villa is a great move, now we just have use him...different question entirely of course.

Cuenca on loan sucks, but he probably would just get shunned like Bartra and now Tello. He needs game time which we wont give him so I guess its alright.

No centerback, not that I for a mil-second expected one.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Somewhat satisfactory is how I'd describe our January window.

We managed to get rid of Djourou and Chamakh on loan, which cleared out about £100k p/w worth of wages (mental, I know), but couldn't offload Squillaci or Arshavin, even when we offered them out for peanuts. Andre Santos is still here, too, but could still leave since the Turkish window doesn't close until tomorrow. So outgoings wise, we did pretty well.

Incomings, not so much. Natxo Monreal is a good addition in a position that needed to be strengthened, but the lateness of the deal and the fact that we would not have signed him had Gibbs not gotten injured really sums up our general activity, or lack of it, in this window.

We needed a forward and a box-to-box midfielder and didn't get either. We passed up on Ba. We tried for Villa and Jovetic, so props for going for quality players, but really didn't stand much chance of signing them this window. Maybe we'll renew interest in the summer. Who knows. I don't think we tried much for box-to-box or defensive midfielders other than some brief interest in Diame, who we apparently didn't deem a good enough option in the end.

Overall, happy to sign Monreal and clear out a couple of deadwood players, but not impressed by our general inactivity when there was a clear need to sign players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

6/10, C, Average, Okay, etc etc

Nothing of value was gained that day

Last edited by Swanhends on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Loaned Chamakh and Djourou out - positive. Brought a very much needed left back in Nacho Monreal - positive, but still no defensive/box to box midfielder signed, no striker signed and no 4th CB signed - negatives.

5/10
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 am

Done well for the future of the club with Llorente in the summer and allegedly 50% of Poli

Peluso is shit, Anelka was only really prolific for one season so even on form he's not going to help us much so we've once again neglected our need for a striker who knows roughly where the goal is.

And we should have torn up the hobbitts contract, he is a waste of space. Granted he takes up very little space.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 am

We signed a left back so that we don't have to play Craptos now that Gibbs in injured

Already, that's a titanic weight off my shoulders
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 am

TomJuve wrote:7

Done well for the future of the club with Llorente in the summer and allegedly 50% of Poli

Peluso is shit, Anelka was only really prolific for one season so even on form he's not going to help us much so we've once again neglected our need for a striker who knows roughly where the goal is.

And we should have torn up the hobbitts contract, he is a waste of space. Granted he takes up very little space.

Laughing Laughing :bow: :bow:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 am

Signed Ba, Sold Sturridge, Kept the Fat Spanish waiter and his blonde spanish arm candy.

Overall, Disapointed. 2.5/10. Ba was the only highlight but selling Sturridge made me very sad.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 am

Perhaps he's only under performing because his mind isn't focused on football. Maybe he's too busy planning his route to mount f*cking doom to destroy the FKN ring once and for all for *bleep* sake.

Giovinco makes me rage.

Last edited by TomJuve on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 am

Wenger/10
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:19 am

Keeping Villa was the best thing that happened this year so far. Cuenca is a disappionting aspect but the kid needs minutes. Won't get it here...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 am

10/10, Real Madrid Castilla signed Casemiro on loan. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 am

Wouldn't say 10/10. Should have got another rightback
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am

The Sanchez wrote:Wouldn't say 10/10. Should have got another rightback

Carvajal should stay the whole season at Bayer Leverkusen? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 am

Got Balo, Salamon, Zaccardo and full ownership horsedick.
Salamon is what made this 7 tbf, lets hope he is a good CB/DM
Balo while not needed is a nice purchase, wont have to worry about the attack for a while now. Zaccardo is a band aid for the next 6 months, should be better than the scrubs we have as CB, we'll have to see. If not then enjoy the bench
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:Wenger/10

loool too true Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:04 am

El Shaarawy wrote:7

Got Balo, Salamon, Zaccardo and full ownership horsedick.
Salamon is what made this 7 tbf, lets hope he is a good CB/DM
Balo while not needed is a nice purchase, wont have to worry about the attack for a while now. Zaccardo is a band aid for the next 6 months, should be better than the scrubs we have as CB, we'll have to see. If not then enjoy the bench

LMAO, who is horsedick?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am

Little Kevin Constant
How do you rate you're club's efforts this January? Constant
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 am

Ermahgerd, Cannot be unseen, shouldn't have asked!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 am

For Pool i'd say 8.5/10

Stug and Cou are still not finished products so can't really throw a 10 there. We also needed a Lb badly but seems like we left it thin again. Getting rid of Cole and Doni also made it very worthwhile, as dd keeping Coates. I'd say the only reason it's not a 10 is because of not getting some grit in defense.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:18 am

4/10 for Madrid. Needed a RB really badly and got no one. Lopez was a necessity but only cuz of Iker's injury. Would have loved a a WC box-to-box CM as well. Casemeiro (sp), i have never watched, no idea how exciting he is.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:24 am

Dint expect much anyway so i'd say a 7.

Anelka is on a 6 month contract so this transfer is excusable. Peluso on the other hand has been simply terrible so far and the sad part is we're forced to take up the obligation to buy him in the summer for €4m.Another Padoin-Esque transfer who adds nothing to the team apart from filling up the numbers in the squad.Hope to see him soon on the bench permanently.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 am

Not at all
i mean Roma got Vasilis torosidis for peanuts and bought marquinhos , both are decent transfers but also made a mess out of stekelunburg , sent him to London to go fulham but then changes their mind and he has to come back . I was hoping for
1-Right back
1-centerback
well right back in torosidis
and we got situation in hand with stek , basically we are left with sabatini choices for GK , Sabatini has a fetish for teenage goalkeepers with *bleep* up names.Goicoechea, Svedkauskas

so 5/10
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next