How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

+19
McLewis
REWB
Lupi
S
McAgger
Kaladin
Onyx
The Sanchez
VendettaRed07
Kick
elm_baraja_shaman
Lex
Tomwin Lannister
urbaNRoots
Swanhends
Jay29
The Franchise
CBarca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you rate you're club's efforts this January? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

Post by Lupi Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 am

Not at all
i mean Roma got Vasilis torosidis for peanuts and bought marquinhos , both are decent transfers but also made a mess out of stekelunburg , sent him to London to go fulham but then changes their mind and he has to come back . I was hoping for
1-Right back
1-centerback
well right back in torosidis
and we got situation in hand with stek , basically we are left with sabatini choices for GK , Sabatini has a fetish for teenage goalkeepers with *bleep* up names.Goicoechea, Svedkauskas

so 5/10

Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How do you rate you're club's efforts this January? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you rate you're club's efforts this January?

Post by REWB Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 am

just shows really how hard it is to actually get a complete squad. its difficult to get a complete squad of 2 fantastic/decent players in all positions. even barca's squad is not complete. every transfer window fans are always looking for more players to "complete" the squad. well maybe they are not there or are just impossible to get.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:49 am

Epoto wrote:Not at all
i mean Roma got Vasilis torosidis for peanuts and bought marquinhos , both are decent transfers but also made a mess out of stekelunburg , sent him to London to go fulham but then changes their mind and he has to come back . I was hoping for
1-Right back
1-centerback
well right back in torosidis
and we got situation in hand with stek , basically we are left with sabatini choices for GK , Sabatini has a fetish for teenage goalkeepers with *bleep* up names.Goicoechea, Svedkauskas

so 5/10

Eh, 5 is a bit harsh. I'd say we're a 7 simply because our emphasis was where it needed be and that's the defense. Bringing in Torosidis plays a big part in that, considering his versatility.

The Stekelenburg situation was always going to be messy simply because of how he acted. A shame we missed out on Viviano though, that's what sunk that whole deal.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:4/10 for Madrid. Needed a RB really badly and got no one. Lopez was a necessity but only cuz of Iker's injury. Would have loved a a WC box-to-box CM as well. Casemeiro (sp), i have never watched, no idea how exciting he is.

1) Our "need" for a RB is overstated. Signing one would have been nice but not signing one is not a disaster by any means.

2) The Lopez signing was good business any way you look at it as far as I'm concerned. Kudos to the club for signing quickly and sensibly.

3) Come on now, signing a "WC box-to-box CM" in January? That's not a realistic expectation. Besides we already have a World class box-to-box CM, we also have Modric. Midfield is fine as far as I'm concerned.

4) Casemiro is a wild card. The kid has huge potential and imo was great with Brazil's U20 side. But he has off the pitch issues and Sao Paulo seems to not be up for trying to deal with that. He's a DM and he plays with his head up. Kid has talent for sure so this could be a great signing for us, although it could go wrong if his head isn't in the right place.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:24 pm

I agree with Z... there was no real great RB out there period, let alone one who is available in the winter. Just need to wait until the summer and then bring back Carvajal. With Varane basically forcing the issue... i think moving Ramos to RB for the rest of the season is the way to go.

As for the rest of Madrid, there are no real flaws. I would have like to get a more athletic and technical player next to Alonso although i love Khedira... we have ball recovery problems, quick passing and speed issues with the Khedira-Alonso pairing at times. That's nothing new. Moussa Sissoko, Capoue or Diame might have been a good addition. But Essien is decent there.

Since we've moved Ozil into a SS role as opposed to forcing the CAM on him, he's played well. Nothing needed on our forward line.

Lets not forget that Marcelo is going to get himself in there soon too. He got a bit fat during the injury break... but he'll get adequate fitness back soon methinks.

8/10 for Madrid imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Marcelo got bigger but I think it's muscle mass, can't tell since he keeps wearing the big jacket lol. But he lifts now. :I'munoriginal:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

Zealous wrote:Marcelo got bigger but I think it's muscle mass, can't tell since he keeps wearing the big jacket lol. But he lifts now. :I'munoriginal:

Whatever it is, he's slower and Mou's not happy about it. He needs to get the quickness back. He will. He's a free spirit and you're always going to have these little issues lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:38 pm

I agree. I think he'll start against Granada though so that will be a good chance for him to get his rhythm and rhyme back.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm

9/10
Were lacking the striker department like mad. Now we have a striker and a CAM/RW depending how BR uses him. Kelly will prolly be back by March. So im pretty pleased.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 pm

10/10 Kirchoff is a pretty good signing.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2