halamadrid2
LeVersacci
Forza
VivaStPauli
sportsczy
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:The better question may be who is coming in to replace them. If both Higgy and Benz leave Madrid, then they obviously have to buy at least one striker. Moreover, if the rumors of Ronaldo departing (pure speculation to this point, i believe), Madrid could be overhauling the two positions they've relied upon to score the majority of their goals. Bale is rumored to be the target to replace Ronaldo, but he's nowhere near as potent in front of goal. If this happens, Madrid would need a World Class striker to shoulder the goal-scoring burden left by Ronaldo and Benz/Higgy. Which available strikers fit that description?

not difficult: Falcao, Cavani, Kun and joker: Ronaldo
Granted, it's a fairly small group of well-known players. Madrid is highly unlikely to pull someone from a lower-league without much experience to fill this void. The point was to see which is more likely.

Falcao, while a ready-made RM player and ready to leave Atletico, would need to cross the Atletico/Real barrier. We all know the Falcao transfer is going to be exorbitantly expensive, but the fee associated with this move would be unbelievable. That certainly doesn't rule him out, but can you imagine Real dropping ~30-45 million on Bale and THEN going for Falcao?

Kun may be one of the more likely, but there's still that Atletico.Real gap. He played there for 5 seasons before moving to Citeh. While the citizens may start to lose superstars if they can't improve their European performances and challenge for more domestic trophies, I don't think the mass exodus starts next season. I see Aguero sticking around for a little bit, tbh.

Not sure who you mean by Joker... Jovetic maybe? If so, he's certainly a potentially VERY good striker, but I don't see him as quite the caliber that RM need. I see him on the same level as Benzema and Higuain, which is far from a slight to the guy. I just don't see Jovetic as a capable of picking up of the goal-scoring tab left by Ronaldo and Benz/Higgy. In his "break-out season" last year, the lad only scored 14 goals in 27 appearances. Would you call that setting the world on fire? scratch I know there is more to his game than just scoring goals, but for me, the "goals scored" stat is precisely what Madrid should be buying in this situation.

Cavani is actually the player I had in mind when asking the question. He seems to be available for a definite price (everyone's available for a price, the question is just if you can find it and match it); he has no loyalty questions due to previous clubs; and he's the world-class #9 that Madrid would need. I can see him making this switch and thriving next season.

Is there anyone else that seems likely? Gomez could be on his way out from Bayern... Lewandowski looks to be available for the right price... Fernando Torres might be looking for more match-time... Razz

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer - Page 2 Empty Re: Looks like both Benzema and Higuain are leaving this summer

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Aguero:

'If Real Madrid had been interested in me, then I would be here,' said the 24-year-old. 'I had no option but to join City.

'I want to take this opportunity to refute the information where I supposedly said that I would never play for Real Madrid because I played at Atletico. It was published in an English newspaper.'

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:01 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Kamikaze692 wrote:
Pipita earns 4.5 Mil per year.
Unless Dortmund pay their strikers in food stamps, i dont see that is possible....

That'd still be 450k per year, also known as "enough to drive a fast car and live in a big house".

But he would have no pension Sad

If Benzema leaves I want him to go to Arsenal (If they will take him lol).
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 pm

what atletico real gap are u lads on? please dont be so naive you still believe that crap. kun and falcai are from colombia and argentina, not atletico madrid. they have dreamt of madrid before ever imagining that would ever play for freaking atletico

cavani, falcao, kun... all are expensive. when their clubs see us coming, they will ask 50m and in case of Falcao the clause is at 60m.

i said CR as possible CF because that's where i think he belongs, false 9 or whatever u call it. but not sure he wants to play there.

it will be one of these guys: Falcao, Cavani or Kun. maybe i should add rooney. the rest are either not good enough (gomez, lewandrowski, jovetic aint even a scorer, etc...) or not available (rvp, ibra).
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Immediate No to Cavani - I have him in the not good enough category. Then Aguero would be very difficult to get as well.

Falcao would be easier to get...and we pretty clearly want him...so I'd say all roads lead to him anyway. I think he fits the current setup - though I was hoping the setup would change.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what atletico real gap are u lads on? please dont be so naive you still believe that crap. kun and falcai are from colombia and argentina, not atletico madrid. they have dreamt of madrid before ever imagining that would ever play for freaking atletico

cavani, falcao, kun... all are expensive. when their clubs see us coming, they will ask 50m and in case of Falcao the clause is at 60m.

i said CR as possible CF because that's where i think he belongs, false 9 or whatever u call it. but not sure he wants to play there.

it will be one of these guys: Falcao, Cavani or Kun. maybe i should add rooney. the rest are either not good enough (gomez, lewandrowski, jovetic aint even a scorer, etc...) or not available (rvp, ibra).
In the case of Falcao, without a release clause in the contract, Atletico could flatly refuse to sell him to Real. However, I think the clause is in the contract (not sure) for 60 mil, which would prevent that. In that case, if the player wants the move, it's going to happen.

As for Aguero, I thought I remembered some quote like that. Not sure of the source. In all honesty, I still think he would be unlikely to leave in the summer, and City will be unlikely to sell as they've just rid themselves of Balotelli and Tevez may follow him out the door in the summer. As far as I know, Aguero has no release clause in his contract, so City wouldn't be forced to sell.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:37 pm

i definitely dont see both leaving. that doesnt seem realistic to me. like someone already said if one leaves the other will stay.

i dont buy into the falcao rumors. not yet. i think falcao will only come into play if someone buys ronaldo which i think is unlikely.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Falcao to bring La Decima or our first Europa league :coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Man City could just sign Cavani/Falcao/best striker if we signed Aguero.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:12 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Falcao to bring La Decima or our first Europa league :coffee:

Are you aware that Madrid have won 2 EL's/UEFA Cups before ? lol
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Surag wrote:

Wasn't it reformed and branded now as Europa League?At least that was my understanding.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:16 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:
Surag wrote:

Wasn't it reformed and branded now as Europa League?At least that was my understanding.

So Madrid have only 3 Champions League titles to their name then.Are you ok with that ? How about we also put the La Decima talk to rest as well :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Surag wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:
Surag wrote:

So Madrid have only 3 Champions League titles to their name then.Are you ok with that ? How about we also put the La Decima talk to rest as well :coffee:

UEFA Champions League: The UEFA Champions League /juːˈeɪfə ˈtʃæmpiənz ˈliːɡ/, known simply as the Champions League, and originally known as the European Champion Clubs' Cup or European Cup, is an annual continental club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) since 1955 for the top football clubs in Europe.

Europa League: The UEFA Europa League, previously called the UEFA Cup , is an annual association football cup competition organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs. It is the second most prestigious European club football contest after the UEFA Champions League.

So what are we talking about? My last post was a question attempting to clarify what Europa league was/is. Sooooo?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah ,so what are you trying to lecture me about ?

I corrected you when you said you wanted 'Madrid to win their first EL' when they have already won 2 before.If you are going to give me this argument that UEFA Cup was reformed and rebranded into EL ,just so you know the European Cup was reformed and rebranded into the UEFA Champions league as it is called now.

But then again in the same sentence you are talking about La Decima when most of your titles came before the competition was reformed and rebranded.

If by your understanding Madrid havent won the 'newly branded EL' even once then by that same understanding you have to assume that Madrid have only 3 CL's to their name.

Now are you ok with that ? Sounds like you are just covering up your mistakes here :coffee:

Last edited by Surag on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Surag.

The thing is....Madrid have never missed qualification for the top flight European competition (CL , EC - whatever you want to call it) and then within that competition has never failed to get past the group stages.

So it's structurally impossible that we could have won the second tier of European competition (Europa, UEFA Cup - whatever you want to call it)...we have never participated.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Surag.

The thing is....Madrid have never missed qualification for the top flight European competition (CL , EC - whatever you want to call it) and then within that competition has never failed to get past the group stages.

So it's really not possible that we could have won the second tier of European competition (Europa, UEFA Cup - whatever you want to call it).

this

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 pm

So what about those back to back UEFA Cups you won in '85 and '86 ? Ghost trophies scratch
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:33 pm

I don't know why Mourinho doesn't try more often this, considering that Di Maria is very bad.

Benzema Ozil Ronaldo
Higuain

If I'd have to choose the one to stay, it would be Higuain no doubt. The guy was born to play for Madrid.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Surag.

So it's structurally impossible that we could have won the second tier of European competition (Europa, UEFA Cup - whatever you want to call it)...we have never participated.

you won 2 Europa cups in the mid 80s didn't you ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:54 pm

UEFA trophy in the 80s was known as the Cup Winner's cup. The only teams that qualified were the cup winners from the previous year. The Champion's League was literally that... you had to be the champion of your domestic league the year before or be the defending CL champion. Madrid didn't win La Liga every year lol. We participated in the Cup Winner's cup when we won CDR and not La Liga... didn't happen often. It wasn't completely unusual for Madrid to not participate in any european competition since we rarely took CDR seriously. So we usually either participated in Champion's League or nothing.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 pm

poor juve if they get one of these, none are what they need :fishing:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 pm

It seems like you're right.

Though it's surprising because from what I understand a 2nd place finish is supposed to ensure you at least compete in the CL

Doing research it seems European Cup Winners Cup was the second tier of competition and Not UEFA Cup - which was a level below. But for some reason we participated in UEFA Cup despite finishing second in the league one of the years and winning UEFA cup both years.

This all coincided with the English Ban and it's just confusing lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Sports when did it become so that you had to win your domestic league to qualify ? because I know both Madrid and Barca featured simultaneously in early European Cups.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Surag wrote:Yeah ,so what are you trying to lecture me about ?

I corrected you when you said you wanted 'Madrid to win their first EL' when they have already won 2 before.If you are going to give me this argument that UEFA Cup was reformed and rebranded into EL ,just so you know the European Cup was reformed and rebranded into the UEFA Champions league as it is called now.

But then again in the same sentence you are talking about La Decima when most of your titles came before the competition was reformed and rebranded.

If by your understanding Madrid havent won the 'newly branded EL' even once then by that same understanding you have to assume that Madrid have only 3 CL's to their name.

Now are you ok with that ? Sounds like you are just covering up your mistakes here :coffee:

I'm not trying to lecture you. You realize that right?
Those are merely defintions of both the tournaments and their origin.

My earlier post was asking for clarification.

And my original post was poking fun at Falcao. Because the Europa League is HIS tournament.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 pm

van Persie a world class striker was available this summer, ffs Madrid Mad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:van Persie a world class striker was available this summer, ffs Madrid Mad

van Persie's almost 30 and Benzema and Higuain did alright last season. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next