Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

+23
Milan31
BarrileteCosmico
StrugaRock
Die Borussen
McAgger
The Sanchez
baresi
Onyx
Arquitecto
buddytaller
VanDeezNuts
FennecFox7
Adit
jibers
Lord Spencer
sportsczy
S
Kaladin
Zealous
windkick
Donuts
fatman123
Gil
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by Donuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 11:50

I can't compare a player like Ronaldinho with Puyol in terms of skills considering they play completely different positions, although one thing we can compare is how much they affected the club, and I believe Puyol has been more successful, people like to credit Ronaldinho for the start of Barcelona's dominance but regardless if he was there or not Xavi / Iniesta / Messi were all already in the team and coming up along with the rest of the stars.
Edit : THAT doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from Ronaldinho for the things he has done, entertainment and trophies but others rank above him IN MY opinion.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by S Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 11:55

What are we discussing here then ? Is this is a Top 10 Madrid Legends list or a list comprising of the best set of players to have represented the club ? (And taking into account their contributions to the club too)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 11:56

"Greatest" for a club does not depend on playing ability. Also, Poyul as a defender have been more effective than Dinho as an attacker for a longer time.

Poyul is easily a better player and a greater legend than Dinho, both for Barca and Internationally. Ronaldinho is a scrub with two/three good years in the grand scheme of things. Not even close Surag between Poyul and Dinho.

Rating the greatest players for a club have nothing to do with how good they actually are, it has more to do with how "great" they were for the club. CR wouldn't break into the top 10 for Madrid unless he wins the CL in my opinion. Otherwise, despite his records, Madrid as a team were not great in his time, and therefore he is not great for Madrid as well.

This is a team game, and a great team would have great players from them. Just look at Barca now and you will see 3-4 players that are easily top 10 in their history.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 11:58

Lord Spencer wrote:"Greatest" for a club does not depend on playing ability. Also, Poyul as a defender have been more effective than Dinho as an attacker for a longer time.

Poyul is easily a better player and a greater legend than Dinho, both for Barca and Internationally. Ronaldinho is a scrub with two/three good years in the grand scheme of things. Not even close Surag between Poyul and Dinho.

Rating the greatest players for a club have nothing to do with how good they actually are, it has more to do with how "great" they were for the club. CR wouldn't break into the top 10 for Madrid unless he wins the CL in my opinion. Otherwise, despite his records, Madrid as a team were not great in his time, and therefore he is not great for Madrid as well.

This is a team game, and a great team would have great players from them. Just look at Barca now and you will see 3-4 players that are easily top 10 in their history.
watch out incoming "your a ronaldo hater" Neutral
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 12:59

Spencer, you're a Ronaldo hater
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 13:01

Flawed logic that ''Ronaldo's team has to be a great team to be considered as a legend''..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 13:40

So now Ronaldo's team is not great? what happened to all the fan boys
"100 pts record"
"most goals for team in a season"
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 14:26

Donuts wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:"Greatest" for a club does not depend on playing ability. Also, Poyul as a defender have been more effective than Dinho as an attacker for a longer time.

watch out incoming "your a ronaldo hater" Neutral

Yeah...that's why you're being called a hater Laughing

As for your earlier post he can be both.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 19:13

In the top 10 for sure.. but I can't say for certain until he finishes his time with us.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 19:39

i doubt he will ever be considered a legend with the likes of di stefano, puskas, hierro, sanchis, raul, iker, sanchez, gento etc.

but purely on a PERSONAL level, meaning just him, he is probably one of the best and that is mainly due to his goal/game ratio which is just insane, no other way to put it.

so what i mean to say if we are looking at just goal scorers, there is no one better. no one has a better goal/game ratio (off the top of my head i could be wrong but i dont think i am) so he is madrid's best goal scorer.

but if we are looking at overall play, devotion to club, and overall club icon status he doesnt even touch the top 30 imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 21:27

vanDEEZ wrote:he doesnt even touch the top 30 imo.

rofl
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 21:51

Zealous wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Zealous wrote:
You're missing out a lot of names, even then Ronaldo will still be one of the best we've ever had when his career is over. Far and away the best Robaldo we've had too.
Please pass me your crystal ball when your done using it brah.

I don;t have to, it already happened. He could retire tomorrow and people would say he's one of the best players we've had in years.

yes but that doesn't make him legendary. With the extreme talent that club has, the prestige Mourinho has...his time at the Bernabeu has been lack luster for the expectations. Currently he is leading his team to third place behind pathetico. Nothing a Madridista should be proud of. Not denying his stats, but that alone doesn't make him legendary. Especially at a club with a rich history of great players like Madrid.

Hell, he is probably closer to being a Man Utd legend than a Madrid legend
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 22:01

Gil wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:he doesnt even touch the top 30 imo.

rofl

did you read my entire post or is it just normal to take half a line out of context and reply with an emoticon and nothing more?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 22:16

Ronaldo is already the 6th top scorer in the history of Real Madrid, at the current rate he'll be all time top scorer in 2 seasons. He will most likely have won at least a couple of Champions League trophies to boot by the time he leaves the club.

Even Di Stefano said he was honoured Ronaldo was being conpared to him. He's already a legend with the potential to be the best ever if he continues his current form and wins more titles.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 22:24

whos to say he stays or keeps up the form? im not saying he absolutely wont but you cant just assume ronaldo will continue his goal scoring ratio (particularly since hes now 28 and cant expect him to keep form forever) or that he will even stay at madrid for that matter.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 22:54

He's already a legend who gives his 100% in every match, the Bernabeu is already singing his praise, which is not very usual for a non-Spaniard.

He's the best player for Real Madrid in a very long time, already outperforming the original Galacticos. There's every possibility he'll be a Real Madrid player for a very long term, with the way he dedicates himself to perfection I wouldn't be surprised to see him play at a very high level for another 5 years, by then he could possibly have become Real Madrid's best player ever.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:32

@bt - im sorry but if you have watched madrid pre-ronaldo you would know that half the things you just stated are utter nonsense.

outplaying anyone =/= being more of a club legend.

if ronaldo is still playing a 'very high level' for madrid for another 5 years ill leave the forum. i mean come on, no one can guarantee that, its not very likely. its not even likely he stays that at madrid that long.

@Gil i guess i should not expect an actual debate from a poster of your quality. from now on ill just expect a non response emoticon because you are too unintelligent to formulate an actual argument.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:41

vanDEEZ wrote:@bt - im sorry but if you have watched madrid pre-ronaldo you would know that half the things you just stated are utter nonsense.

if ronaldo is still playing a 'very high level' for madrid for another 5 years ill leave the forum. i mean come on, no one can guarantee that, its not very likely. its not even likely he stays that at madrid that long.

@Gil i guess i should not expect an actual debate from a poster of your quality. from now on ill just expect a non response emoticon because you are too unintelligent to formulate an actual argument.

Deezy, I have sensed that you value much more from a Madridismo beyond stats (wins, goals, etc) as do many of the veteran RM fans here (Nick, Sports Crim, Zeal) as they think beyond the numbers and previous seasons as Milan fans have a very similar approach.

For you, what more does a player have to do to exemplify himself as a Madrid legend beyond his numbers? I would like to know your point of view.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:45

Is this thread about whether Ronaldo's the greatest statistically or whether he's a legend?

Being a legend is more than stats.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:50

I feel sorry for CR, what more does he have to do to be considered a RM legend?

Some hilarious arguments here some ppl say football is a team sport and the same group of ppl say he should win the CL to be considered a legend!!!

How more contradicting can it get.... His duty is to score goals and assist as well and he is doing both great....
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 23:50

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 2 1000x500px-ll-b2fdb6ac_lozgr_gif_collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn

Zeal and Donuts.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:17

baresi wrote:I feel sorry for CR, what more does he have to do to be considered a RM legend?

Some hilarious arguments here some ppl say football is a team sport and the same group of ppl say he should win the CL to be considered a legend!!!

How more contradicting can it get.... His duty is to score goals and assist as well and he is doing both great....

Some people hate him and would continue to underrate him even when he sweats blood for the team, I have not seen any player put in more effort than Ronaldo for Real Madrid in my many years of following the club. His efforts alone are legendary in my eyes.

His stats though put him apart from the rest, he just has to lead the team to win more trophies and he'll probably go down as the best in the history of the club.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:19

Arquitecto wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:@bt - im sorry but if you have watched madrid pre-ronaldo you would know that half the things you just stated are utter nonsense.

Deezy, I have sensed that you value much more from a Madridismo beyond stats (wins, goals, etc) as do many of the veteran RM fans here (Nick, Sports Crim, Zeal) as they think beyond the numbers and previous seasons as Milan fans have a very similar approach.

For you, what more does a player have to do to exemplify himself as a Madrid legend beyond his numbers? I would like to know your point of view.

stats do have their role but for me, when one is deciding who is among the club greats and who is not, one has to look at the intangibles as well.

loyalty, leadership and attitude are three of the most important things. ronaldo hasnt been around long enough to display loyalty and has displayed lots and lots of poor attitude, and displays little to no leadership. 3 things holding him back- that can change though.

game play wise players cant be reduced to stats though stats can represent their qualities. creativity, tact, passing, ball control, scoring ability do not always equal goals and assists but as a spectator you see these.

titles are also an important factor, and its not just the title its more about how an important player can add to a winning team.

not inclusive but certainly the first things i look to.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:36

Ronaldo already shows more "leadership, loyalty and attitude" than any other player in the setup. Legends are players who give their all and excel in whatever positions they play, it doesn't matter how long you play there, for instance, Ronaldo is already more of a legend than Higuain and Ramos, despite the latter two playing longer at the club. The question is whether he'll become the all time greatest legend not if he's a legend or not.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:40

Okay I read through the whole thread and I see one common mistake

Being a club legend does NOT equal (=/=) being one of the best players to play for the club.

Ronaldo is definitely in the top 10 greatest players to play for our club. However, he's NOT in the top 10 legends list for our club.

Like many have already stated, being a legend goes beyond just stats and showboating. Madrid legends bleed white. They are Madridistas through and through. For example Guti for me is a bigger Madrid legend than CR.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 0:47

buddytaller wrote:Ronaldo already shows more "leadership, loyalty and attitude" than any other player in the setup. Legends are players who give their all and excel in whatever positions they play, it doesn't matter how long you play there, for instance, Ronaldo is already more of a legend than Higuain and Ramos, despite the latter two playing longer at the club. The question is whether he'll become the all time greatest legend not if he's a legend or not.

i must have been mistaken because with all ronaldos whining in the media, bitching for more money on his contract, selfish play, hands on his hips i was blinded to see how much of a loyal leader with a good attitude he is.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next