Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

+23
Milan31
BarrileteCosmico
StrugaRock
Die Borussen
McAgger
The Sanchez
baresi
Onyx
Arquitecto
buddytaller
VanDeezNuts
FennecFox7
Adit
jibers
Lord Spencer
sportsczy
S
Kaladin
Zealous
windkick
Donuts
fatman123
Gil
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? Empty Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by Gil Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:36 am

With Messi cementing his status as Barcelona's GOAT this year, I was just pondering where his arch-rival would place among Real Madrid's elite, especially with him already surpassing Gento's goalscoring record in just 3 1/2 seasons yesterday.

Now I'm no expert on Madrid and I'm sure other posters have a far better understanding of it's history than I do but based on hearsay and my own eyes I would rank him in 6th spot just behind Zidane and ahead of Sanchez.

1. Alfredo Di Stefano
2. Ferenc Puskas
3. Raul
4. Iker Casillas
5. Zinedine Zidane
6. Cristiano Ronaldo
7. Hugo Sanchez
8. Fernando Hierro
9. Roberto Carlos
10. Santiago Bernabeu - Default really

Had a tough job choosing between Sanchis and Carlos but went with Carlos in the end due to Manuel Sanchis subpar International career.

Other notable players left out: Gento, Redondo, Santamaria, Kopa & Faubert.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? Empty Re: Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:58 am

Bernabeu couldve been higher
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? Empty Re: Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:32 am

Did you just pick big names for your list or are we going according to success in the club and loved by all of the Madrid fans?
Ronaldo doesn't even make Madrids top 20, he's a great player but for a club like Madrid with so much history he doesn't cut it.
In no order:
Raul
Santillana
Iker
Hierro
Gento
Camacho
Pirri
Di Stefano
Hugo Sanchez (dat bias but no really)
Puskas
Miguel Angel

And those are the only ones I can come up with from the top of my head.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:50 am

that 3 cups won for the club = top 10 in a club with so much history lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:13 am

He's more of a Man U legend then a Madrid one at that Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 am

Donuts and windkick have no idea what they're talking about Laughing You must be on some good ganja brahs.

The only thing missing from Cristiano's legacy at Madrid is a CL really. Otherwise he's easily, EASILY one of the best players we've ever had. Where would he rank? Difficult question, especially since he hasn't surpassed the guys like Don Alfredo and Don Santiago in terms of being heroes of the club. He's up one of the best, top 10 for me.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:44 am

Donuts wrote:Did you just pick big names for your list or are we going according to success in the club and loved by all of the Madrid fans?
Ronaldo doesn't even make Madrids top 20, he's a great player but for a club like Madrid with so much history he doesn't cut it.
In no order:
Raul
Santillana
Iker
Hierro
Gento
Camacho
Pirri
Di Stefano
Hugo Sanchez (dat bias but no really)
Puskas
Miguel Angel

And those are the only ones I can come up with from the top of my head.

No Juanito, Butragueno, Kopa, Zamora, Reberto Carlos, Sanchis Jr, etc?

You're missing out a lot of names, even then Ronaldo will still be one of the best we've ever had when his career is over. Far and away the best Robaldo we've had too.

EDIT: you did include Puskas my bad lol

Last edited by Zealous on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 am

I did include Puskas, and as I said those are just what 10 or so names from the top of my head who are favored in Madrid's long list of legends
Your hilarious if you think 1 champions league is enough to grant him among top 10, it's sad that I'm a Barca fan and I have to explain how well your past players are.
people in my list won 5-10+ La Ligas, set records for the league itself, won 1-3 champions leagues whilst Ronaldos short history is currently 1 la liga, 1 copa de rey, 1 super copa and a good goal to game ratio.. wow some history he has xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:02 am

Zealous wrote:
You're missing out a lot of names, even then Ronaldo will still be one of the best we've ever had when his career is over. Far and away the best Robaldo we've had too.
Please pass me your crystal ball when your done using it brah.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 am

Donuts wrote:I did include Puskas, and as I said those are just what 10 or so names from the top of my head who are favored in Madrid's long list of legends
Your hilarious if you think 1 champions league is enough to grant him among top 10, it's sad that I'm a Barca fan and I have to explain how well your past players are.
people in my list won 5-10+ La Ligas, set records for the league itself, won 1-3 champions leagues whilst Ronaldos short history is currently 1 la liga, 1 copa de rey, 1 super copa and a good goal to game ratio.. wow some history he has xD

We're not talking about multiple team trophies here, otherwise Juanito wouldn't be a legend either.
Zidane is a club legend and his CL is what cemented it, the same will be the case for Ronaldo. You say he's a "United legend more than a Madrid legend" he's had six years at United, only three and a half for Madrid. Are you going to guarentee me that Ronaldo won't have achieved more by the time he has reached six years at Madrid? hmm

Ronaldo has set records too and done things no one is Madrid's history has. And he doesn't have a "good goal to game ratio" you hater. He has a *bleep* legend tier goal to game ratio.

Stop acting like you know more than me here because you don't. :whistle:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:10 am

Donuts wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Please pass me your crystal ball when your done using it brah.

I don;t have to, it already happened. He could retire tomorrow and people would say he's one of the best players we've had in years.

And who's going to bet against him leading Madrid to more success? You? lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:11 am

Zealous wrote:
Donuts wrote:I did include Puskas, and as I said those are just what 10 or so names from the top of my head who are favored in Madrid's long list of legends

We're not talking about multiple team trophies here, otherwise Juanito wouldn't be a legend either.
Zidane is a club legend and his CL is what cemented it, the same will be the case for Ronaldo. You say he's a "United legend more than a Madrid legend" he's had six years at United, only three and a half for Madrid. Are you going to guarentee me that Ronaldo won't have achieved more by the time he has reached six years at Madrid? hmm

Ronaldo has set records too and done things no one is Madrid's history has. And he doesn't have a "good goal to game ratio" you hater. He has a *bleep* legend tier goal to game ratio.

Stop acting like you know more than me here because you don't. :whistle:

Look at his avatar and sig Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 am

Donuts wrote:people in my list won 5-10+ La Ligas, set records for the league itself, won 1-3 champions leagues whilst Ronaldos short history is currently 1 la liga, 1 copa de rey, 1 super copa and a good goal to game ratio.. wow some history he has xD

So let me ask a question going by your logic.Puyol has twice as much as trophies as Ronaldinho did with Barca.Note that is an all time Top 10 list for the greatest players to have played for the club.So Puyol would be above Dinho in the all time greatest players to have donned the Barca jersey ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:14 am

Good point. explaining why Ronaldo is a great player to donuts is like explaining the sunset to a blind man No
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 am

He's not a great until the team does something worthy of greatness... This isn't men's singles tennis or golf.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am

sportsczy wrote:He's not a great until the team does something worthy of greatness...

Last year was arguably the greatest/most impressive league victory we've ever had. We'd have been in the CL final too if it weren't for the details. We're not really a club that does the double and the team almost did that last year with Ronaldo as the spear head.

Anyway you're a self-professed Ronaldo hater, he'll obviously have to do more to impress you. For me at least I recognise that what he's doing is amazing. I certainly have never seen anything like it for Madrid in all my years of watching. His hattrick yesterday for example was fantastic, I can't imagine any player we've had score a hattrick like that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 am

Winning one La Liga in now his 4th year is not even average at Madrid.

This is the same reason Mourinho has no impact on Madrid history.

Ronaldo is a legend in football because of his stats and his achievements at Man U mostly. But by Madrid standards, his teams haven't done enough.

We win CL this year and he's a bonafide Madrid legend. That's what it takes: Stats AND defining moments.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am

Surag wrote:
Donuts wrote:people in my list won 5-10+ La Ligas, set records for the league itself, won 1-3 champions leagues whilst Ronaldos short history is currently 1 la liga, 1 copa de rey, 1 super copa and a good goal to game ratio.. wow some history he has xD

So let me ask a question going by your logic.Puyol has twice as much as trophies as Ronaldinho did with Barca.Note that is an all time Top 10 list for the greatest players to have played for the club.So Puyol would be above Dinho in the all time greatest players to have donned the Barca jersey ?
I rate Puyol higher then Ronaldinho yes, lmao without a doubt he is more of a legend just because one does fancy tricks doesn't mean much, now understand that doesn't mean I don't rate Ronaldinho highly for what he's done but Puyol has put his heart and soul to the club and is one of our greatest center back we've ever had.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:32 am

Zealous wrote:
He could retire tomorrow and people would say he's one of the best players we've had in years.

Did i ever say he wasn't one of your greatest players in the past years? You are aware Madrid has been a club before CR7 got there right?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:40 am

People need to stop emphasizing too much on longevity and trophies won here.Lets say he leaves Madrid in a year or two,then you have to simply consider the kind of impact he's made in his time at the club and even the worst of haters will tell you that he's made an unbelievable impact and broken records like there's no tomorrow.

You know its similar to Baggio's time at Juve.Except that he has a Ballon D'or to his name which he won as a Juve player.He was there for a relatively short period of time at the club but i think any Juve fan would agree that he was one of the greatest players to play for the team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 am

Donuts wrote:
Zealous wrote:
He could retire tomorrow and people would say he's one of the best players we've had in years.

Did i ever say he wasn't one of your greatest players in the past years? You are aware Madrid has been a club before CR7 got there right?

LOL No Madrid only existed when Ronaldo joined hurr durr. WTF are you on about seriously Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am

sportsczy wrote:Winning one La Liga in now his 4th year is not even average at Madrid.

This is the same reason Mourinho has no impact on Madrid history.

Ronaldo is a legend in football because of his stats and his achievements at Man U mostly. But by Madrid standards, his teams haven't done enough.

We win CL this year and he's a bonafide Madrid legend. That's what it takes: Stats AND defining moments.

I said the same thing. Just in a nicer way eco smile

He'll need a CL with us to cement his legacy. He came close last year but things didn't go our way, hopefully they do this year.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:47 am

Zealous wrote:
Donuts wrote:
Zealous wrote:

LOL No Madrid only existed when Ronaldo joined hurr durr. WTF are you on about seriously Laughing
I guess you didn't understand the red text, your only response is "he's one of the best we've had in years"
how does that equal to Madrids all time best, years =/= 110+ years to you?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:48 am

Donuts wrote:I rate Puyol higher then Ronaldinho yes, lmao without a doubt he is more of a legend just because one does fancy tricks doesn't mean much, now understand that doesn't mean I don't rate Ronaldinho highly for what he's done but Puyol has put his heart and soul to the club and is one of our greatest center back we've ever had.

Dont dodge the question.Among the greatest and the best players to have played for the club,does Puyol rank higher than Dinho ? There's no doubt that he's a "bigger Barca legend" considering the amount of time he's been at the club,i am not questioning that and there's also no doubt he's one of your best players in your club's history but better than Dinho in terms of the impact he had in the few years he had at the club ? Dont let longevity and trophies cloud your judgement.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 am

I can't compare a player like Ronaldinho with Puyol in terms of skills considering they play completely different positions, although one thing we can compare is how much they affected the club, and I believe Puyol has been more successful, people like to credit Ronaldinho for the start of Barcelona's dominance but regardless if he was there or not Xavi / Iniesta / Messi were all already in the team and coming up along with the rest of the stars.
Edit : THAT doesn't mean I'm taking anything away from Ronaldinho for the things he has done, entertainment and trophies but others rank above him IN MY opinion.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next