daneq
Future
futbol
FennecFox7
Onyx
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

I think Ramos has dealt with this enough to know how. It's in Ramos best interest to stay as close to his man as possible or he loses him.

It's a constant visual marker so that Ramos don't lose him. That is not to say Ramos should go to the halfway line but within reason he should be the one covering Rooney.

It will mean Varane gets left on an island covering Van Persie but Varance will be fine.They don't have anyone else moving into the box regularly.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League: Real Madrid vs Manchester United discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I think that's wrong. The long shots thing is if you have players who follow up effectively. Unless Callejon starts we don't. He is the best long shot stopper in the world bar none.

he gives up balls when he saves in this situation anyone can follow up tbh doesn't have to be the forward strictly. khedira has done it both striker are capable of doing it. heck higgy did it in argentinas last friendly.

I disagree about him being the best. don't think he is close besides ronaldo s shots are like missiles even diego alves the goat struggle and cortious who I regard really high
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I think Ramos has dealt with this enough to know how. It's in Ramos best interest to stay as close to his man as possible or he loses him.

It's a constant visual marker so that Ramos don't lose him. That is not to say Ramos should go to the halfway line but within reason he should be the one covering Rooney.

It will mean Varane gets left on an island covering Van Persie but Varance will be fine.They don't have anyone else moving into the box regularly.

I agree with this. ramos has dealt with many players like him. he will essentially be the sweaper I'd rather give that job to epep tho because he is slightly better at it and much faster eliminating chances of losing him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Varane is not fit, so Pepe is in. Can't wait for Wed afternoon.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Varane is fine according to Marca.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Mamad wrote:Varane is fine according to Marca.

Read this from Marca - http://www.marca.com/2013/02/11/en/football/real_madrid/1360568816.html

J. I. GARCÍA-OCHOA 02/11/2013
PrintSend
At around 8:40 p.m. on Wednesday evening, the Real Madrid starting XI will strut out of the dressing room and down the tunnel onto the Bernabéu pitch to meet Manchester United. The lucky eleven is likely to be: Diego López, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, Di María, Özil, Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema. This is Mou's tried-and-trusted big-match line-up, with the exception of Marcelo, who still isn't ready for the crunch occasions.

Pepe is one of the names on this team sheet, having been back in training for 10 days and put in a solid 25-minute cameo performance against Sevilla. Varane is the other option to partner Sergio Ramos, but the Frenchman is struggling with his fitness, which has hindered his chances.

The other change Mou may have considered in the starting line-up would be to draft in Essien for Coentrao, with the Ghanaian coming in at right-back and Arbeloa shifting over to the left. This is the same full-back pairing he deployed in the recent 'Clásico'.

The rest of Mou's team, in midfield and up front, more or less picks itself. Khedira and Alonso, who sat out the entire Sevilla match, will conduct play in the centre of the park, while Özil, Di María, Cristiano and Benzema will spearhead Real's goalscoring threat.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Varane is ready, he trained with the team.

Anyway Pipa was interviewed today:

“You feel a lot of things in these games. We want our fans to get behind us and we’ll try to win to make them happy”, said the Argentine forward
Realmadrid.com

Gonzalo Higuaín is a point of reference on the Real Madrid squad and a voice of authority on one of the most important matches of the season. The Argentine player clearly knows how his team plans to face the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 against Manchester United. “There’s no question that we’re going to give it our all. I’ve been here for years now. I’ve been lucky enough to play in a lot of games like this and the truth is that you feel a lot of things. The first is to try to win to make the team and the fans happy. Manchester is a solid squad, but we can do a lot of damage with individual talent and counter-attacks”.

Higuaín also commented on the keys to the game this Wednesday at the Santiago Bernabéu: “Our goal is to win and it’s even better if we don’t cede any goals. We know that a goal as a visitor can really influence things. There’s no question that we’re going to give it our all. We also want our fans to get behind us. The team always tries to do its best, sometimes it goes well and sometimes it doesn’t”.

When asked about the qualities of Real and their upcoming rival, Higuaín replied: “Manchester United is a fairly solid team. They always make it to the knockout rounds in European championships and we’re going to have to be on our toes. But we can do a lot of damage with individual quality and counter-attacks”. Higuaín also spoke about how important the Champions League is and how a player feels before taking to the pitch in a double-knockout rounds as well as the players that will be decisive against the English side: “Playing [in this championship] is wonderful and it gives enormous prestige to whoever wins the title. I’m more of a player that listens and focuses on myself in the dressing room; I don’t talk much before the matches. I hope that the key player comes from my squad because this would mean that we did things right and that we can have a successful second leg”.

The Argentine international was clear about what it means to be part of Real Madrid. “I came here when I was very young and I’ve been here for six years. I can say that I have a lot of affection for this club. The fans and my teammates have always treated me well. The truth is that it’s something wonderful to feel but you have to be part of it to really know what it means to be madridista”. To conclude Higuaín spoke about his qualities as a player as well as his idol: “I don’t like to talk about myself, but I think I’m a competitive player, a fighter, and I always try to improve what I think needs improving. My father is my idol. He didn’t play in the same position but he’s the closest I have. Not playing in the same position didn’t help me on the pitch, but he taught me things that he had experienced so that I could try to do them”.

Hope he scores :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:32 pm

classy interview.

hmm altho that wasn't the press conference does that indicate he will start?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:42 pm

“I came here when I was very young and I’ve been here for six years. I can say that I have a lot of affection for this club. The fans and my teammates have always treated me well. The truth is that it’s something wonderful to feel but you have to be part of it to really know what it means to be madridista” Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:50 pm

:bow: I have always felt he loved the club to bits just look at his celebrations trying to fire up the crowd. this is the one guy you can expect to stay and fight for his place no matter what. goat
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Pipita :bow: Wouldn't trade him for any striker in the world :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Goalkeepers: Diego López, Adán and Jesús.
Defenders: Varane, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Albiol, Coentrão, Carvalho and Arbeloa.
Midfielders: Alonso, Di María, Khedira, Essien, Kaká, Modric, Özil and Callejón.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Higuaín.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Full squad (minus Iker obviously) Let's fcking do this.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm

I have this feeling about Marcelo... I think he will be in the first 11.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Essien did the press conference Shocked

3 man mid? xabi not entirely fit? essien at rb? da fuq this is going to be interesting Suspect
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm

likeastar wrote:I have this feeling about Marcelo... I think he will be in the first 11.
Marcelo vs Valencia Chaka

:fishing:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:06 am

casillas
arbeloa-varane-pepe-marcelo
khedira-alonso-essien
di maria-higuain-ronaldo

this was the selection that mourinho started versus mancity. maybe he will play something similar.

the difference is that mancity played a pretty defensive team at the start. manu will not field a defensive team, and they also run the wings well. so he may chose to play our normal starting eleven. instead of a three man midfield

diego lopez
arbeloa-varane-ramos-coentrao
khedira-alonso
di maria-ozil-ronaldo
higuain

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 am

Mourinho will line up like he always did vs Man U

4-3-3, and Essien is the perfect fit becouse he is experienced.

No surprises in the lineup imo. It will be:

Arbeloa - Varane - Ramos - Coentrao
Xabi
Khedira - Essien
Özil - Benzema - CR
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Se7en wrote:Mourinho will line up like he always did vs Man U

Xabi
Khedira - Essien
Özil - Benzema - CR

3 DM ? :facepalm: :facepalm:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Got a feeling Man Utd will play with Carrick, Cleverley and Jones in midfield, with Valencia, RVP and Rooney in attack.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Essien won't start, because he played the whole match in the weekend. IMo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm

likeastar wrote:Essien won't start, because he played the whole match in the weekend. IMo

He was there with Mou at the press conference, he'll most likely play but not as a DM. he'll play at rightback.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Pedram wrote:
likeastar wrote:Essien won't start, because he played the whole match in the weekend. IMo

He was there with Mou at the press conference, he'll most likely play but not as a DM. he'll play at rightback.

I pray for that

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Pedram wrote:
Se7en wrote:Mourinho will line up like he always did vs Man U

Xabi
Khedira - Essien
Özil - Benzema - CR

3 DM ? :facepalm: :facepalm:

Don't underestimate Alonso, Khedira and Essien. We had 70% possession thanks to them in the first half against City eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 pm

yes city, i dont trust city to give me a fair conclusion for what to expect against big clubs
look how they played against southampton

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Idiot wrote:yes city, i dont trust city to give me a fair conclusion for what to expect against big clubs
look how they played against southampton

Look at how United played against Southhampton, they won but they were lucky as heel they didn't lose. Look at how we played against Granada if you want to use us as an example. The fact is a lot of big clubs have had consistency issues this year in terms of performance.

We need to be pressing Carrick/Cleverly hard if we want United to struggle. Essien and Khedira can do that, just like they did it to Barry/Toure/Silva.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next