B-Mac
Collblanc
Die Borussen
Eivindo
cyberman
45 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Real Madrid Vs Manchester United - Post match - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United - Post match

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Draw was fair.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid Vs Manchester United - Post match - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United - Post match

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah, at 1-1 he could of made it 1-2 when the ball came across. Another great chance.

If we're going to talk about chances then it could have gone to any of the two teams really.

We all already said that. Just a few posts up I said either side could of won.

Forgive me I just read your last post and work my way from there. I'm a busy man I ain't got no time to read this whole thread ffs.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah, at 1-1 he could of made it 1-2 when the ball came across. Another great chance.

If we're going to talk about chances then it could have gone to any of the two teams really.

Basically what we are saying Zeal.... some fans are saying Yanited were lucky my argument is that either side could of won if they were more clinical.

Thus a draw being a fair result IMO.

No complaints from my end. Draw was absolutely the fair result.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 pm

Ferguson's post match presser was class. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:43 am

MOYLAGH-SHERGAR wrote:Good result for United, however, we could have nicked it.

De Gea (9) - was absolutely fantastic - saved us time and time again. One cross in the first half he should have done better with. (9)

Rafael (5) - as i've said before very erratic defender, how he almost always finds himself on the wrong side of his man (even when he's on the goal side) is a mystery to me. Very poor - not up to it. Why Mourinho didn't keep Ronaldo on the wing and get the ball to him and Rafael on a yellow.

Evans (8.5) - Soild as a rock, I was very impressed with his performance.

Ferdinand (7.5) - like wish Rio was excellent.

Evra (7) - had a good game tonight, once in the first half he failed to get back when Real counter attacked.

Jones (7.5) - very solid and powerful throughout

Carrick (8.0) - i'm not a mad fan of Carrick - but by god was he solid tonight - I thought he was fantastic.

Welbeck (8.5) - Welbeck was outstanding - United's most creative player and he also worked his socks off. Fantastic header for the goal.

Rooney (6.5) - worked hard, got caught flat-footed at times.

Kagawa (6) - good on the ball at times but created little.

RVP (7) - hit the cross bar, great shot in the 93rd minute, should have finished that golden opportunity. Worked hard and was good on the ball. He had to come deep all to often.

Giggs - (6) why did that chance fall to him??? 23 years at the top and he still has no right foot - it outrages me...pathetic.

Couldn't have agreed more with your ratings.

What a great match! We played a near perfect away match imo, getting a 1-1 in the end which is an amazing result! Doubted Jones' inclusion but he marked Ronaldo out of the match, well done. Wouldn't want such a defensive display from a midfielder in the home leg though.

The main problem today is holding on to possession, although it is not really the main aim for this match. In the home tie, I expect much better play in possession. Anderson would be useful in that.

All in all, amazing match, brilliant result. Old Trafford - COME AT US BRAHS
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:26 am

Worst refereeing I have seen. Whats worse is that Im hearing Howard Webb is refereeing the second leg...
How Varane wasn't sent off bemuses me... How Ramos also didnt also bemuses me.
The corner before the end of the whistle
:facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 am

Howard Webb can't ref the second leg since he's English. There's a clear rule in European football that refs can't officiate matches involving teams from their respective nations.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 am

Good.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:34 am

Frankly we'd have no chance of getting through if Webb was the ref at Old Trafford.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 am

The Sanchez wrote:Worst refereeing I have seen. Whats worse is that Im hearing Howard Webb is refereeing the second leg...
How Varane wasn't sent off bemuses me... How Ramos also didnt also bemuses me.
The corner before the end of the whistle
:facepalm:
You realize that if it was Howard Webb by some odd reason, that would actually prove to be worse for Madrid.

Real Madrid Vs Manchester United - Post match - Page 5 Image10
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Frankly we'd have no chance of getting through if Webb was the ref at Old Trafford.

Yeah. Pepe, Ramos, Arbeloa and Alonso would all be gone before half time for the scrubs they are :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 am

I don't really know what the people are talking about when they said it was a boring game? I'm not a fan of either team and could really care less who won but I was fully entertained.

I thought it was interesting to see some of the players a lot of people on here including me anoint as great players shrink when the bright lights of the CL came on them in Madrid.

It was pretty obvious Raphael had no business being out there.

Varane was decent but came back to earth a little bit tonight (he's been outstanding this season so it's really not a dig at him),

The game was too big for Van Persie tonight. Welbeck was fearless all game and I'm not just saying that because he scored.

I agree with Mole and thought Kagawa did his job well even though it's pretty obvious he hasn't found his place in this team yet.

Benzema was totally lost out there and the game was too big for him, reminded me of some of his performances against Barca. Thought Higgy should start but I'm biased and always think that.

Di Maria showed why he's a world class winger and I think Mou doesn't feature him enough in his offense, well I take that back, I don't think Mou really has any kind of offense plan other then counter attack. Di Maria's talents are kind of wasted in Madrid right now and it shows when he plays for Argentina with Messi he looks like a top 5 player in the world over the last year.

Rooney's world class and he was average tonight. But I believe SAF gave him a job to do and he did it as always.

Ozil performed one of his well known disappearing acts and now I'm starting to realize why Mou benches him in some big games.

I hate to say it as he's been one of my favorite players to watch over the years but IMO Alonso is past it as a world class player or even a game changer.

Ronaldo was the total alpha dog and easily the best outfield player on the pitch by a wide margin.

Ferdinand turned into his big game self and was a rock.

And last but not least (I hate to say I told you so) De Gea was immense. His fingertip save in the 9th minute changed the game IMO. If that goes in it turns into a rout and United get slaughtered. And from then on he tuned in a world class performance for the world class keeper I keep telling you Premfaces he is.

I guess my dreams of idiot Premfaces and dumber English media driving him into Barca's clutches took a big hit tonight. At least Valdes is leaving, you can't get everything you wish for.

And one last comment on the total Bias this board has against a certain team that wears blue and red.

Can we all agree if a Barca player had pulled down Evra on a breakaway and not been carded that all types of conspiracy theories and UEFA paying off refs and how they cheat etc etc threads would be all over the board by now? Not to mention a rant from Mou inciting it?

De Gea's save and that non call which was clear as day I might add probably even more clear then anything Overbo did but I digress, were the two swinging points of that game. If that call gets made Madrid inspired by Mou and Ramos fall apart. Although Pepe didn't play so maybe they could have avoided the total meltdown.

2-1 United in the second leg with Fergie getting a lot of home cooking and Mou pretending the biased refereeing tonight never ever took place and he was cheated out of his birthright to win another CL by UEFA, Fergie, Pep, Barca, La Liga, the EPL and anyone loosely related to the game it's self.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:43 am

@dnmac- good analysis

i disagree with a few parts, namely the di maria praise and criticism. decent game and great assist but had lots of faults as well that were quite damaging. as for the criticism i dont think tactics have anything to do with his faults. hes going to play misplaced passes and dribble into defenders regardless of tactics. so no i dont think his talents are wasted.

ozil i didnt feel disappeared, its just typical for a player of his style to not be as influential without possession.

but overall pretty spot on, the only differences happened on an idiological standpoint.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 am

rofl rofl rofl Dnmac what substance are you on?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 am

Great game. Lotā€™s of energy and some amazing personal performances there.
De Gea, Evans, Ozil, Ronaldo, Coentrao were amazing
Raphael, Van Persie, Rooney, Benzema and Higuain were below par standards.
Refs favored Madrid but overall I feel the draw was a fair result
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I don't really know what the people are talking about when they said it was a boring game? I'm not a fan of either team and could really care less who won but I was fully entertained.

I thought it was interesting to see some of the players a lot of people on here including me anoint as great players shrink when the bright lights of the CL came on them in Madrid.

Varane was decent but came back to earth a little bit tonight (he's been outstanding this season so it's really not a dig at him),

The game was too big for Van Persie tonight. Welbeck was fearless all game and I'm not just saying that because he scored.

I agree with Mole and thought Kagawa did his job well even though it's pretty obvious he hasn't found his place in this team yet.

Benzema was totally lost out there and the game was too big for him, reminded me of some of his performances against Barca. Thought Higgy should start but I'm biased and always think that.

Di Maria showed why he's a world class winger and I think Mou doesn't feature him enough in his offense, well I take that back, I don't think Mou really has any kind of offense plan other then counter attack. Di Maria's talents are kind of wasted in Madrid right now and it shows when he plays for Argentina with Messi he looks like a top 5 player in the world over the last year.

Rooney's world class and he was average tonight. But I believe SAF gave him a job to do and he did it as always.

Ozil performed one of his well known disappearing acts and now I'm starting to realize why Mou benches him in some big games.

I hate to say it as he's been one of my favorite players to watch over the years but IMO Alonso is past it as a world class player or even a game changer.

Ronaldo was the total alpha dog and easily the best outfield player on the pitch by a wide margin.

And last but not least (I hate to say I told you so) De Gea was immense. His fingertip save in the 9th minute changed the game IMO. If that goes in it turns into a rout and United get slaughtered. And from then on he tuned in a world class performance for the world class keeper I keep telling you Premfaces he is.

I guess my dreams of idiot Premfaces and dumber English media driving him into Barca's clutches took a big hit tonight. At least Valdes is leaving, you can't get everything you wish for.

And one last comment on the total Bias this board has against a certain team that wears blue and red.

Can we all agree if a Barca player had pulled down Evra on a breakaway and not been carded that all types of conspiracy theories and UEFA paying off refs and how they cheat etc etc threads would be all over the board by now? Not to mention a rant from Mou inciting it?

De Gea's save and that non call which was clear as day I might add probably even more clear then anything Overbo did but I digress, were the two swinging points of that game. If that call gets made Madrid inspired by Mou and Ramos fall apart. Although Pepe didn't play so maybe they could have avoided the total meltdown.

2-1 United in the second leg with Fergie getting a lot of home cooking and Mou pretending the biased refereeing tonight never ever took place and he was cheated out of his birthright to win another CL by UEFA, Fergie, Pep, Barca, La Liga, the EPL and anyone loosely related to the game it's self.
Dnmac4 wrote:I don't really know what the people are talking about when they said it was a boring game? I'm not a fan of either team and could really care less who won but I was fully entertained.

Excellent Analysis.

I however disagree on a few points.

Ozil played great in the the first half, but I admit he disappeared in the second and he was supposed to be subbed instead of Di Maria.

De Gea was excellent, but not the MOTM some calles him out to be (not you, but others). I agree that the English media are just scapegoating him too often.

Ronaldo was not the best outfield player in my eyes, Di Maria and Ozil were both better for Madrid IMO. He scored a great goal, but was completely marshaled by Jones most game. Not a bad performance by any means, just not the alpha performance he should be providing.

I agree on the Kagawa and Rooney parts. Both did their jobs well even if they did not produce anything spectacular. Xabi Alonso was the same IMO.

Lastly, IMO the refereeing was consistent. It was typical Bundesliga refereeing that does not reward players for going down easily instead of trying and stay on their feet. The ref ignored both Di Maria and Benzema when they decided to fall down easily, and he ignored Evra who could have stayed on his feet but looked for the foul. I thought he should have give more yellows to Madrid though, and not allowing United to take the corner was :facepalm: worthy.

Kudos on the analysis though.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 am

De Gea was great but lets not make it sound like he denied you a win or something.

And like Mole said ,people need to learn to distinguish between clear cut chances and having more shots on target and what i saw was United having the more clear cut chances which they failed to convert.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 am

I swear, some people probably don't watch the game and just look at the statistics and then talk shite.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 am

so united had three "clearcut chances" rvp miscued shot, rvp against the bar and welbeck infront of lopez..... did I miss anything else out???????

madrid has cacktraos shot against the post, ronaldos point blank header similar to the barca one and he missed it in similar fashion, cacktrao on the far post saved by degeas leg, ozil refusing to shoot twice while being 1v1, dimarias volley......anything else I have missed?

uniteds happened against two defenders while ours happened against 22. people with the same excuse they gave us as vs city and got shut up in the away leg when we still killed them after that they were never a big team and we haven't done it vs a big team. id love to hear peoples excuses in the second leg couldnt come soon enough arggghhh

wonder what people were thinking when jones set his sight on dimaria and completely shoved him to the ground with ZERO intention for the ball :brickwall:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 am

you are missing Giggs chance as well
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

halamadrid2 wrote:so united had three "clearcut chances" rvp miscued shot, rvp against the bar and welbeck infront of lopez..... did I miss anything else out???????

madrid has cacktraos shot against the post, ronaldos point blank header similar to the barca one and he missed it in similar fashion, cacktrao on the far post saved by degeas leg, ozil refusing to shoot twice while being 1v1, dimarias volley......anything else I have missed?

uniteds happened against two defenders while ours happened against 22. people with the same excuse they gave us as vs city and got shut up in the away leg when we still killed them after that they were never a big team and we haven't done it vs a big team. id love to hear peoples excuses in the second leg couldnt come soon enough arggghhh

wonder what people were thinking when jones set his sight on dimaria and completely shoved him to the ground with ZERO intention for the ball :brickwall:

The same thing they were thinking when Evra fell and Varane could have been easily handed a red card.

You are making it exceedingly hard to keep a neutral view on this tie. I don't know what the frak you were watching, but United had the better chances. They had the more dangerous breaks, and Madrid while not bad by any means simply failed to create much dangerous situations and fluffed what dangerous situations they created (same as United).

Not to mention the simple fact the ref was VERY generous in not giving Madrid some obvious cards.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

billy_gr wrote:you are missing Giggs chance as well

that chance was as much of a chance as ronaldos last one. both were blocked without gettinh shots. altho I think ronaldo got a shot off which jones blocked.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:37 am

halamadrid2 wrote:madrid has cacktraos shot against the post

Wasnt a clear-cut chance.Was a shot from outside the box but it was a brilliant save probably the best save De Gea made all night ,i'll give you that.

ronaldos point blank header similar to the barca one and he missed it in similar fashion

It was a half-chance in all fairness.

cacktrao on the far post saved by degeas leg

I truly believe De Gea made that save look spectacular.Would've been a routine save for any quality goalkeeper and if any other goalkeeper had let that through,it would've been atrocious keeping on that instance.

ozil refusing to shoot twice while being 1v1, dimarias volley

Again ,half-chances.Oezil was well marked whereas Di Maria's shot was from outside the box with all the defenders crowding in front of him.

Whereas when you look at Van Persie's 1 on 1 for example ,that chance is as clear-cut as it gets ,you dont simply miss those in a game of this magnitude ,it should've been a game deciding moment which Van Persie failed to take.

Last edited by Surag on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 am

@ls l. we get that pen and varanes red wouldnt even have mattered. just take benz out and put epep in job done. we force them to have the ball and we kill them. you see how the whole game could have changed? as for the cards I was hoping to god the reff could have red carded arbeloa at least the mou would be forced to play somebody else

also I love how people are crying bias when benz, ronaldo and ozil fouls were completely ignored and told to get up. did jones even get a card? the guy reminds me of dante vs us. begs reff for a card doesn't even get one. that ramos elbow was idiotic I agree should have been carded. its normal for him to get carded anyways was surprised he wasn't.

anyways if united play open in the second leg its going to be a tennis scoreline for either team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

halamadrid2 wrote:@ls l. we get that pen and varanes red wouldnt even have mattered. just take benz out and put epep in job done. we force them to have the ball and we kill them. you see how the whole game could have changed? as for the cards I was hoping to god the reff could have red carded arbeloa at least the mou would be forced to play somebody else

also I love how people are crying bias when benz, ronaldo and ozil fouls were completely ignored and told to get up. did jones even get a card? the guy reminds me of dante vs us. begs reff for a card doesn't even get one. that ramos elbow was idiotic I agree should have been carded. its normal for him to get carded anyways was surprised he wasn't.

anyways if united play open in the second leg its going to be a tennis scoreline for either team

An elbow can be a red card in some cases.

I am not saying the ref was biased, I think he was consistent. I don't think either Di Maria's or Evra's cases warranted a whistle. Both could have stayed up IMO, but did not want to.

However, even alluding that Madrid were the superior team is extremely deluded.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:43 am

@surag. don't divert babs. cacktraos shot a half chance :brickwall: ozil marked for his chances? really? he was all alone ffs. it was similar to rvps the only difference is that rvp shot while ozil passed. ronaldo scores those headers any day for him thats missing a sitter. I wonder would you have called cacktraos second chance "clearcut" if united had done it. you know what don't answer it you would have done it no doubt. since it was by us......nah it wasn't really clearcut just one of those things that happened by chance :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next