Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
S
OLpower
Gil
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has the CL lost some of it's glamour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has the CL lost some of it's glamour?

Post by marottalad Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 am

No. the champions league is freaking awesome group stages and knock out witnessing the best teams in europe go head to head. the only thing that makes the CL lose its glamour is corruption from eufa/fifa. the fact that the practice draw was excactly the same as the main draw raises afew eye brows other then that i love the current format

marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Has the CL lost some of it's glamour? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has the CL lost some of it's glamour?

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 am

:coffee: yeah because roma is not innit
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I can see Madrid not winning it this year. Teams can PTB and defensively they aren't the best this season. Are they actually favourites to win it?
fixed it for ya buddy.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:04 am

Has the CL lost some of it's glamour? - Page 2 80871558
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 am

The Franchise wrote:Decline of Serie A teams?

Because that Milan-Juve final was highlight after highlight.

However, most Serie A vs. other teams were entertaining, especially Milan games. Serie A vs. Serie A in the CL are historically crappy games.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 am

Dafuq? Dortmund match was epically tense, even though much of it came from the bad day the Dortmund defence had, but still, incredibly entertaining match.

And before I read Gils post I thought the consensus was, that the Real - ManU game was pretty good as well, at least that's what everybody I met yesterday said.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

The Champions league brings in a wide range of audience.You're going to have people watch it regardless of the entertainment factor purely because the big teams are involved in it and with big teams comes the hype.That's how its been imo.Besides it will also enable newbie fans to understand a lot about tactics too cos this is the platform where we witness some great tactical battles between teams.If anything ,strong teams like PSG,Dortmund and the return of Juventus to the big stage has added more glamour to the competition along with the usual suspects ofcourse.Competition wise this is going to be one of the best CL's in years.Its going to be harder for Barca to win the competition this time round compared to their past few triumphs.

And Gil please answer me a question.Did you celebrate Chelsea's CL victory last year ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

Did you know? I stayed up late for that piece of crap of a final lol. Only highlight was ADP got hit in the eye.

Laughing

At least you remember that much.

I recall Shevchenko missing a penalty...nothing else.

You recall incorrectly. Shevchenko actually scored the winning penalty that year. He missed it in 05 against us.

The only thing I remember from that match was Shevchenko's disallowed goal. Supposedly someone had blocked Buffon's vision Laughing which was a complete farce.

What does that tell you about that game, I cant even remember anything correctly about it Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:45 pm

or maybe we're just getting older
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 pm

zizzle wrote:or maybe we're just getting older

Also that, but that game was terrible.

Lord Spencer wrote:

However, most Serie A vs. other teams were entertaining, especially Milan games. Serie A vs. Serie A in the CL are historically crappy games.

True, the clash of styles usually is a great view. Milan - Man Utd was superb for example.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 am

The quality is so much better in CL than Europa. Found it so hard to watch some of these games today... So boring because managers dont take these games seriously enough... At least in CL, every manager takes the competition seriously... fss
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 am

You obviously watched the wrong matches. You should try out Hannover or BMG, they are usually never boring in the EL. (The BMG fans even created a couple new songs to celebrate their return to Europe after quite some time. ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2