Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition)

+36
Rossonero23
IrasMaldinista
pUsHa
DeviAngel
flameas
•MilanDevil•
DRK
Cruijf
Arquitecto
billy_gr
Rossoneri Ninja
iftikhar
harhar11
forza.milan
eelir
shamr9pato
Juveman17
dostoevsky
marottalad
Zealous
uzonero
S
Sina
KR10
Il Diavolo
baresi
Xifio
nichabr
Eivindo
Casciavit
Forza
Milantildeath
M99
Milan31
Ganso
Kaladin
40 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition)

Post by Sina Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Best of Luck on tomorrow night Guys Wink

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition)

Post by baresi Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:41 pm

Is our "Messi" playing the game or not?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Sina wrote:Best of Luck on tomorrow night Guys Wink

Same to you guys, hopefully we pull off the biggest deception of the year Razz
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Milan31 wrote:I work during this game ! ARGHHH Mad I am going to do everything possible not to check the score and watch the game after work.. don't think I can do it though Sad

Try to avoid the forums, there is bound to be a hint of the scoreline if you wanna watch the game
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Conte on this game:

The San Siro giants are also still in the Champions League and they’ll face Barcelona in the first leg of their last 16 tie on Wednesday.

“I hope that Milan go through,” Conte added. “I support all Italian clubs in Europe – especially since we need to start picking up coefficient points.”

Conte also commented on Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi’s suggestion that the Diavolo man-mark Lionel Messi.

“How do you stop Messi? With a gun,” Conte smiled. “Berlusconi? Andrea Agnelli, fortunately, never gives me any suggestions.”

While he also says this:

Milan can fight for the title this season following their capture of Mario Balotelli, says Juventus boss Antonio Conte.

After a problematic beginning to the campaign, the Rossoneri have started picking up results and the January capture of Balotelli from Manchester City has made them stronger.

“Milan, with Balotelli, can win the Scudetto as soon as this season,” the Panchina d’Oro winner stated. “The Championship is still long.”

So much class Proud

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Surag wrote:Conte on this game:

The San Siro giants are also still in the Champions League and they’ll face Barcelona in the first leg of their last 16 tie on Wednesday.

“I hope that Milan go through,” Conte added. “I support all Italian clubs in Europe – especially since we need to start picking up coefficient points.”

Conte also commented on Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi’s suggestion that the Diavolo man-mark Lionel Messi.

“How do you stop Messi? With a gun,” Conte smiled. “Berlusconi? Andrea Agnelli, fortunately, never gives me any suggestions.”

While he also says this:

Milan can fight for the title this season following their capture of Mario Balotelli, says Juventus boss Antonio Conte.

After a problematic beginning to the campaign, the Rossoneri have started picking up results and the January capture of Balotelli from Manchester City has made them stronger.

“Milan, with Balotelli, can win the Scudetto as soon as this season,” the Panchina d’Oro winner stated. “The Championship is still long.”

So much class Proud

Headline should be; "Conte wants to shoot Messi"
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Our squad for the Barca game
Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Abate, De Sciglio,
Mexes, Yepes, Zapata, Ambrosini, Boateng,
Constant, Cristante (Ranked # 36), Montolivo,
Muntari, Traore, Bojan, El Shaarawy, Niang,
Pazzini
Nocerino and Flamini weren't passed fit to feature in the game. I'm a bit worried abt our midfield, how did muntari make the CL list

Please Dear God, help us keep muntari out of the pitch

uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Cristante to make a Jack Wilshere-esque performance hmm
#SaveUsCristante #SaveFootball
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

If Muntari starts ... :facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:18 pm

I hope you beat them. Barca are there for the taking tomorrow if you play your cards right.

You will get chances you'll just need to take them when they come. Stopping Barca from scoring will be very difficult but it's been done...
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Milan31 wrote:If Muntari starts ... :facepalm:
I will smash my TV screen and make sure allegri gets shot in the d*ck if he starts
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Milan31 wrote:
KR10 wrote:
Milan31 wrote:I work during this game ! ARGHHH Mad I am going to do everything possible not to check the score and watch the game after work.. don't think I can do it though Sad

I'm in the exact same situation... already told all my friends not to tell me the score or I will KILL them. set the tv up to record the game. it will be agonizing but i think it will be worth it to see the whole game without knowing the score.

also, turn your cell phone off
EXACTLY what I am going to do, cut myself from any footy fans for the day Razz Luckily, the people I work with know nothing about football so I am good haha, unless a client says something :facepalm: think that's a good reason to hit them? Razz

Haha same here, I always wonder how people in the US can live their lives while being completely OBLIVIOUS to what is going on in the world of football... Every man and woman on this planet should be following/watching the champions league, it is far too amazing of a competition to miss out on.

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:33 pm

uzonero wrote:Our squad for the Barca game
Pazzini
Nocerino and Flamini weren't passed fit to feature in the game. I'm a bit worried abt our midfield, how did muntari make the CL list

Can't belive Flamini is injured. This means we must star Boateng in midfield. An Ambor/Muntari/montolivo midfield will be horried.

Boateng LCM, Monty CM and some scrub RCM, with SES, Niang Pazzo up front. We should just go with this given our limitations in midfield.

I could see Allegri using Boa as a false 9 and playing a crappy midfield though

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Cristante to make a Jack Wilshere-esque performance hmm
#SaveUsCristante #SaveFootball
I doubt Allegri would have the balls to give him a minute even if we were leading comfortably but I guess we can all hope
#SaveUsCristante from the disaster that is Muntari
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:39 pm

KR10 wrote:
uzonero wrote:Our squad for the Barca game
Pazzini

Can't belive Flamini is injured. This means we must star Boateng in midfield. An Ambor/Muntari/montolivo midfield will be horried.

Boateng LCM, Monty CM and some scrub RCM, with SES, Niang Pazzo up front. We should just go with this given our limitations in midfield.

I could see Allegri using Boa as a false 9 and playing a crappy midfield though
yeah, I think we will be better off playing Boateng, Ambro and Boateng in midfield but I see Allegri fielding Boateng further up the pitch... I wouldn't even mind Traore starting as long as it keeps Muntari on the bench
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 am

Niang is not starting this game, I don't really like the idea. He is young sure, but he is a big part of our play. And why change the formation right before one of our biggest games of the year? Doesn't make sense to me.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 am

Shit's going down, I can sense it. Don't know if it will work out for us or not, but it's going to be one crazy game.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 am

I am absolutley PUMPED for the match tonight, i really hope we can give Barca a run for their money
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 am

Reports have it we will be fielding a midfield of Montolivo, Ambrosini and Muntari while Boateng, SES and one of Pazzo or Bojan will be fielded at CF

I don't really like Allegri's choices for this game. Y field Boateng as a RW when he has failed in that position so far this season, he should have been deployed at LCM where he has been doing a bit better

I hope Muntari doesn't f*ck our game up with his wayward passing and poor tackling.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this game, hope the team puts up a fight and performs good enough at least for the sake of the fans

FORZA MILAN
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 am

jesus ur squad is looking horrible atm hahah lmao sorry haseto be said with balotelli it looks alot better but he is cup tied.. anyway good luck for the match milan, italy will be behind you and youll need it Very Happy
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:02 pm

I am exceptionally disappointed to hear that neither Niang or De Sciglio are likely to be fielded in the starting line up, though I must emphasise that I wish De Sciglito to take the place of Constant and not Abate.

Despite his imperious nature, I am hoping that Xavi is fit to play against us, forcing Iniesta to the left wing where he will tuck into the centre. Abate, effectively freed of a direct opponent, must use his pace to help us to break from the back, however the absence of Niang is a true blow to our chances to truly expose Barcelona through this avenue from the back. A player of dedication to his defensive duties equipped with explosive pace, the Abate-Niang partnership had the potential to expose Jordi Alba, upon whom Barcelona will rely for width down the left. Despite a player of considerable pace and ability going forward, he leaves much to be desired in executing his defensive duties and Niang's attributes effectively cancel out Alba's strength, whilst leaving him also with a surplus of weapons with which to take advantage of his aggression in attack.

For this reason, I had expected Niang and not El Shaarawy to be our most crucial weapon in attack. Whilst I personally feel that Boateng is far from a poor option on the right wing, he is not an ideal replacement and I had foremost wished to avoid the prospect of Muntari making the starting line-up, even if I am uncomfortable with Boateng operating from central midfield. Despite our weaknesses and the possibility of a resounding defeat, the only way we can approach this match is with the determination to take the game to Barcelona when we can. By no means do I suggest that we should engage in an open game, however we need to use the start of each half to attempt to press our advantage and grab a precious goal. We will spend most of this match in defense, however in order to obtain a clean sheet, we need to relieve the pressure upon our back line by posing Barcelona with their own problems for sustained periods of between ten and fifteen minutes. Responsibly dropping and raising our line will be crucial to breaking up Barcelona's rhythm, avoiding burn out and attempting to achieve the impossible in prolonging our hopes for 90 minutes longer.

If one was to examine our poorest defensive display of the year, one would look back to the capitulation at Roma, where Zeman's charges were professional, fluid and relentless. Whilst we shall not be taken advantage of in the air as Roma so effectively did, we will face an opposition possessing with a far more extensive arsenal at their feet. Two crucial issues were at hand when we were torn apart. The first was the work rate of Robinho, who failed to track Balzaretti, leaving Montolivo and De Sciglio caught in a hopeless 3v2 against the trio of Totti, Bradley and Balzaretti who dictated terms against two of our best players and shut down the right side of our attack through which so much normally flows. Boateng should have no such issues tracking Alba, however the issue of dedication can not be emphasised enough.

Secondly, we at the very least, tried to take the game to Roma, trying to force the issue despite the disparate fortunes of the teams that day, however our line was about fifteen yards to high for what our form that day equipped us to handle. When we do take the issue to Barcelona with the ball, we must be incredibly vigilant that our ambition does not become our downfall. Our starts recently have ranged from the best football we played all season against Udinese to being dominated by Parma, and it is imperative that we're switched on at the start to attempt to get at them before they settle down into their rhythm. An early goal for us and the team can start to believe. An early goal for them and you may just find yourself switching off your set.

Another key issue against Roma was the lethargy of Ambrosini and Montolivo's performance to his right. Ambrosini was a yard off the pace for the entire match, whilst Bradley ensured that Montolivo was under immediate pressure every time he touched the ball, meaning that too often the responsibility to play the first pass after the defence has reset fell not on our midfield general but on a significantly less threatening Ambrosini. Montolivo's position in front of the defence of late has given him a lot more freedom, the type he has not enjoyed for the team since we switched from the 4-2-3-1 in which he excelled in the pivot. Whilst I personally have little time for Flamini, and whilst Ambrosini is a pillar of experience who will bleed for the shirt against Barcelona, I feel that this may be an issue throughout the game, and if so, it may be necessary to sacrifice our captain's steel to free up Montolivo.

Pazzini's job is very simple tonight, whilst El Shaarawy remains our one ace in the pack. I have but one wish, and that is that our best chances fall at his feet. We need to get the ball to the Pharoah in the box at all costs. We can expect another selfless, determined performance from our top goal scorer, however he will likely be starved of the ball tonight and we need to ensure that when he gets the ball, he's getting it where he can be damaging to the opposition.

The thread really says it all. It's a good day to die hard.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I am exceptionally disappointed to hear that neither Niang or De Sciglio are likely to be fielded in the starting line up, though I must emphasise that I wish De Sciglito to take the place of Constant and not Abate.

Despite his imperious nature, I am hoping that Xavi is fit to play against us, forcing Iniesta to the left wing where he will tuck into the centre. Abate, effectively freed of a direct opponent, must use his pace to help us to break from the back, however the absence of Niang is a true blow to our chances to truly expose Barcelona through this avenue from the back. A player of dedication to his defensive duties equipped with explosive pace, the Abate-Niang partnership had the potential to expose Jordi Alba, upon whom Barcelona will rely for width down the left. Despite a player of considerable pace and ability going forward, he leaves much to be desired in executing his defensive duties and Niang's attributes effectively cancel out Alba's strength, whilst leaving him also with a surplus of weapons with which to take advantage of his aggression in attack.

For this reason, I had expected Niang and not El Shaarawy to be our most crucial weapon in attack. Whilst I personally feel that Boateng is far from a poor option on the right wing, he is not an ideal replacement and I had foremost wished to avoid the prospect of Muntari making the starting line-up, even if I am uncomfortable with Boateng operating from central midfield. Despite our weaknesses and the possibility of a resounding defeat, the only way we can approach this match is with the determination to take the game to Barcelona when we can. By no means do I suggest that we should engage in an open game, however we need to use the start of each half to attempt to press our advantage and grab a precious goal. We will spend most of this match in defense, however in order to obtain a clean sheet, we need to relieve the pressure upon our back line by posing Barcelona with their own problems for sustained periods of between ten and fifteen minutes. Responsibly dropping and raising our line will be crucial to breaking up Barcelona's rhythm, avoiding burn out and attempting to achieve the impossible in prolonging our hopes for 90 minutes longer.

If one was to examine our poorest defensive display of the year, one would look back to the capitulation at Roma, where Zeman's charges were professional, fluid and relentless. Whilst we shall not be taken advantage of in the air as Roma so effectively did, we will face an opposition possessing with a far more extensive arsenal at their feet. Two crucial issues were at hand when we were torn apart. The first was the work rate of Robinho, who failed to track Balzaretti, leaving Montolivo and De Sciglio caught in a hopeless 3v2 against the trio of Totti, Bradley and Balzaretti who dictated terms against two of our best players and shut down the right side of our attack through which so much normally flows. Boateng should have no such issues tracking Alba, however the issue of dedication can not be emphasised enough.

Secondly, we at the very least, tried to take the game to Roma, trying to force the issue despite the disparate fortunes of the teams that day, however our line was about fifteen yards to high for what our form that day equipped us to handle. When we do take the issue to Barcelona with the ball, we must be incredibly vigilant that our ambition does not become our downfall. Our starts recently have ranged from the best football we played all season against Udinese to being dominated by Parma, and it is imperative that we're switched on at the start to attempt to get at them before they settle down into their rhythm. An early goal for us and the team can start to believe. An early goal for them and you may just find yourself switching off your set.

Another key issue against Roma was the lethargy of Ambrosini and Montolivo's performance to his right. Ambrosini was a yard off the pace for the entire match, whilst Bradley ensured that Montolivo was under immediate pressure every time he touched the ball, meaning that too often the responsibility to play the first pass after the defence has reset fell not on our midfield general but on a significantly less threatening Ambrosini. Montolivo's position in front of the defence of late has given him a lot more freedom, the type he has not enjoyed for the team since we switched from the 4-2-3-1 in which he excelled in the pivot. Whilst I personally have little time for Flamini, and whilst Ambrosini is a pillar of experience who will bleed for the shirt against Barcelona, I feel that this may be an issue throughout the game, and if so, it may be necessary to sacrifice our captain's steel to free up Montolivo.

Pazzini's job is very simple tonight, whilst El Shaarawy remains our one ace in the pack. I have but one wish, and that is that our best chances fall at his feet. We need to get the ball to the Pharoah in the box at all costs. We can expect another selfless, determined performance from our top goal scorer, however he will likely be starved of the ball tonight and we need to ensure that when he gets the ball, he's getting it where he can be damaging to the opposition.

The thread really says it all. It's a good day to die hard.

Fantastic post Dosto yet again Smile

I too would've perferred MDS over Constant. Montolivo has to be the most important man today, he is the sole link between defence and attack, we cant count on Ambro and Muntari to produce anything when pushing forward.

Il Diavolo also had a great point about how Pazzini doesn't require the ball at his feet and that his only has one job tonight (as you said) to finish off whatever chance we can muster.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:09 pm

To be fair to Muntari, he improved in the second half, but was caught in possession far too often. How I wish we had De Jong.

Ambro was atrocious against Cagliari, I don't know why both him and Muntari are starting. Boateng in midfield makes more sense to me. Since Niang and Els track back effectively, this won't be too attacking.

MDS hasn't played much recently and has shown a dip in form, but the same can be said about constant. My biggest worry is Zapata's terrible positioning against Messi, just thinking about it gives me the shivers

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 pm

KR10 wrote:To be fair to Muntari, he improved in the second half, but was caught in possession far too often. How I wish we had De Jong.

Ambro was atrocious against Cagliari, I don't know why both him and Muntari are starting. Boateng in midfield makes more sense to me. Since Niang and Els track back effectively, this won't be too attacking.

MDS hasn't played much recently and has shown a dip in form, but the same can be said about constant. My biggest worry is Zapata's terrible positioning against Messi, just thinking about it gives me the shivers

2 negatives do make a positive banana
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Do it guys I believe in you Very Happy
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 pm

ABATE FORZA MILAN
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next