Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition)

+36
Rossonero23
IrasMaldinista
pUsHa
DeviAngel
flameas
•MilanDevil•
DRK
Cruijf
Arquitecto
billy_gr
Rossoneri Ninja
iftikhar
harhar11
forza.milan
eelir
shamr9pato
Juveman17
dostoevsky
marottalad
Zealous
uzonero
S
Sina
KR10
Il Diavolo
baresi
Xifio
nichabr
Eivindo
Casciavit
Forza
Milantildeath
M99
Milan31
Ganso
Kaladin
40 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition)

Post by shamr9pato Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:47 pm

ABATE FORZA MILAN

shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 Empty Re: Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition)

Post by shamr9pato Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:50 pm

pretty impressive start seeing we are playing against barca..
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Congrats! A deserved victory!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm

one of my proudest nights as a milan fan Proud
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:55 pm

A good day to die hard indeed...FOR BARCELONA Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 37329810
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Change thread title: Its a good day to remember

Glad we won, very impressed, even though we had some shaky individual moments, still a deserved victory.

Forza Milan cheers
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 pm

M99 wrote:A good day to die hard indeed...FOR BARCELONA Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 37329810

Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 37329810Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 37329810Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 37329810
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Now that I am not as bitter as I was a little while earlier, I come here to congratulate you for the win. You were immense at the back and you deserve the win!

Still doesn't change my dislike for that style :coffee:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 pm

despite all the death/suicide threats regarding Muntari playing against Barça, only one man had the vision to believe he would be a hero:

Hard luck: Milan vs Barcelona Part V (Buki Baka Edition) - Page 3 Xifiomaxbonaparte

all hail Max Bonaparte! cheers
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 am

Zealous wrote:I hope you beat them. Barca are there for the taking tomorrow if you play your cards right.

You will get chances you'll just need to take them when they come. Stopping Barca from scoring will be very difficult but it's been done...

Me :bow:

Milan :bow:

Thank you so much for beating them, you have no idea how happy tonight's game made me :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 am

harhar11 wrote:Now that I am not as bitter as I was a little while earlier, I come here to congratulate you for the win. You were immense at the back and you deserve the win!

Still doesn't change my dislike for that style :coffee:
Thanks for all the class you and other Barca fans have shown, wonderful game. You can't really complain about our style or approach although you can dislike it.

Despite general believe among football fans and Milan fans specifically, but this has been Milan's style for ages. We had most of our success while implementing this style, and failed in fashion when we tried changing it.

Game plans might have differed, tactics as well, but never the style. Sacchi, Capello, Ancelotti all followed the same style. Compact lines and let the opponent play your game instead of playing his. This game reminds me a lot of Man U game 07.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 am

We will never forget this night when beating mas que un club.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 am

Eivindo wrote:We will never forget this night when beating mas que un club.
Never, amazing feeling. So proud of every single player and ESPECIALLY Allegri. Proud
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 am

I only watched about 15 min (it was 2 am Bangladesh time) and though Milan were playing fine, I didn't expect this. My heartiest congrats to all fans 'n players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 am

FGS WE WON OMG WHOOOOOHOOOOO YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OMG *bleep* YESSSSSSSSSSSS

STILL on a HIgh since last night !

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 am

Could any of you sleep lol. I was on such a high I totally forgot about PS4 reveal, checked it in the morning Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 am

I didn't sleep, +PS4 reveal kept me up
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 am

I was too hysterical from the win and witnessing Sulley Muntari become a hero in the San Siro to sleep Laughing

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

It is still the same day here.

Woke up to watch the game early in the morning, kick-off was around 6:15am. It's now 9:47pm.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:19 am

In the last few moments of the game when Traore was running on the left wing, part of me wanted him to score a screamer Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 am

LOL That moment when he was charging towards Barcelona's box i saw the glint in his eye. Too bad he telegraphed his shot to everyone in the stadium.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Is this the right thread to congratulate you guys?
Desrved victory! You gave us what we deserved!
Alegri :bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 pm

It was like watching Rocco's '69 Milan. For all veteran Calcio fanatics who love these meticulously crafted and vintage Italian tactics, it was a thing of beauty. Allegri put out what was a 4-3-1-2 on paper with Boateng as a pressing AM, Pazzo and SES in a sacrificial role. Pazzini’s main task defensively is that of any striker in any system, and that is to make play predictable for your team. A striker does this by forcing the ball one direction or another. At the European level, this meant that it’s Pazzini’s job to shepherd the ball into slightly more predictable areas for his team. Make one pass the more obvious one so the opposition will make a series of moves that the striker’s teammates are able to read the game and react accordingly. Pazzini did this considerably well.

The Milan outside backs (or Stephan El Shaarawy and Kevin-Prince Boateng when they tucked in from the wing) focused on keeping compact only coming out wide to pressure the overlapping man, the wing-back for Barcelona. It was a superbly intelligent performance from SES who had to sacrifice his usual role in having the team use him as an auxiliary reference point to use his now increasingly intelligent movement (something I criticized of him in the past). He is a far more complete player then to what he was 6 months ago as his play is improving leaps and bounds especially his creativity. The world class assist that he provided for Muntari was just a reminder of the composure that SES has in the tightest of spaces. He loves to thrive under pressure. Though, it shows that SES is more natural under tight spaces then in open spaces (where the options sometimes confuse him) where he sometimes falls short and is seen to be raw.

All the while I noticed while this was a 4-3-1-2 in attack, since we were on the back foot as Milan actually played more of a 4-5-1 defensively, with both wings tucking in to deny space and freeing Ambrosini at the center. Why was Ambrosini so damn effective? Milan lacked a libero to sweep up play – although one could argue the libero was actually Ambrosini, who was playing in front of the defense and was frequently the free man in the midfield, allowing him to be constant on the roam. Incidentally, this gave him the license to move where the danger was, more than just mark Messi. Ambrosini was the most effective defensive player (excluding the whole – which as a collective achieved the ultimate goal – a clean sheet) tallying 9 interceptions and 5 tackles, both the highest amount in the match by any player. He made us proud to have him as captain and justified why he is so good in preparing for the biggest of matches. He is the last of the Milan senatore and his pedigree was absolutely vital for us.

Boateng was an absolute surprise. For a man we have chastised for the whole season, he was back to his intense and animalistic best with a fantastic performance. All of his touches were right, his ideas came through and he didn't infuriate us with his constant shooting into oblivion. His goal was only an icing on the cake to a wonderfully disciplined performance in combination with SES.

Montolivo probably had his best ever performance for us. For a man who we criticized as being Bambi along with the deer in the headlights look before the Euros, he has completely turned himself around with the help of Prandelli and Allegri. It is amazing how composed this man is under pressure as he picked passes all over the field and showed mind blowing vision under the pack of wolves pressing done by Barcelona.

All in all there is too much to talk about but what made me happy is how those of us who kept faith in Allegri, have it wonderfully returned with what is his finest tactical masterpiece yet, since the first leg vs Arsenal. He may frustrate us with some of his stubborn decisions but this year since the Juventus turnaround, he is doing so many things right and has been substantially augmented as a manager.

I don't want to talk about the match so much since this only is the 1st leg. I can see Barcelona pull a comeback in the Nou Camp since we won't have the backing of our wonderful tifosi and the prospect of keeping such discipline and tactical nous in front of 100,000 people, I feel will break our players vs a very spirited Barcelona side. Allegri said it perfectly in having us know that this tie is far from over. Hopefully, Max won't be as naive as to underestimate the opposition as he did in the 2nd leg vs Arsenal in changing the formation and experimenting at the worst of times. I keep faith that he will prepare just as hard for the 2nd leg as he did for the first.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Sina wrote:
Unreal :bow:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next