Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Eivindo
Pedram
Onyx
45 posters

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeah i still have my N64 and about 50 games rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:07 pm

When mt get married

" No point keeping my parents imo "

£100 on ebay

:I'mveryunoriginal:

mt Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:08 pm

No, they're making Zombie games because killing hordes of unarmed living people is frowned upon.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:08 pm

rofl

MT won't get married, too expensive.

Why keep your old girlfriend when your new one doesn't expect a £400 engagement ring for a few years?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Just checked the Cex website and they only buy PS3 and Xbox for like £60-70 each.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 pm

That's the normal price i think. Try putting it on Ebay ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm

in retrospect I probably won't sell my XBOX, I have more than the trade-in value in arcade games.

Still, looks like a I can get some good deals around for cheapo PS3's. Mostly preowned which I'm wary of but whatever.

Never sold consoles, still have about 200 PS2 games stashed in the loft boxed up.

Actually I remember having about 6 gamecube's and trading them like chewing gum with friends.

Some guy swapped me one when they were selling for like £80 for a 1970's Swedish.. adult entertainment.. VHS tape rofl

Probably seemed like a fair trade for a young teenager though.

Damn, I haven't played Jak and Daxter since the early 2000's...always prefered Ratchet and Clank over it though.

Last edited by Firenze on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Nah would be too much of a fuss selling them on ebay. Plus I'm not selling them now. Would be nearer to when PS4's coming out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Probably no point selling them when the ps4 is out.

Everybody will have the same idea and you'll get less than the price of a ps4 game for it.

I'd rather sell it in 30 years time to some desperate collector Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Just checked the Cex website and they only buy PS3 and Xbox for like £60-70 each.

my friend trades in games constantly, swears by this site;

http://www.gamexchange.co.uk

they do seem to have good prices, but I don't like the idea of posting things like that, plus the site looks cheap as hell Laughing

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Might just sell Xbox now since I only use it for Sky player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Firenze wrote:
Damn, I haven't played Jak and Daxter since the early 2000's...always prefered Ratchet and Clank over it though.

I loved both of them, growing up i was a massive action/adventure and platformer geek lol.

Those two filled a massive hole which had been left after going from N64 to PS2 and having Banjo Kazooie and DK64 before.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 pm

My best mate have decided to get a PS4 lol.

Feeling like Cruyff watching Barcelona atm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Probably the most memorable platformer I've ever played Smile

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 13 Crash%20Bandicoot1
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:03 pm

I love Crash Bandicoot but there is a few i prefer personally.

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 13 Spyro-year_of_the_dragon1

Dat childhood Proud

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 pm

CrashB was great under Naughty Dog , even the Team Racing game was awesome Proud

After them tho , everything went downhill ... the franchise is dead
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I love Crash Bandicoot but there is a few i prefer personally.

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 13 Spyro-year_of_the_dragon1

Dat childhood Proud

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 13 Tumblr_ltap163ENd1qheugd

Catching these guys was one of the most satisfying feelings in an under 10 year-olds life, right up there with getting that shiny football sticker you've been after for the entire season and being let loose by your mum in the Woolworth's pick-n mix section Proud

I put so much time into the early Spyro games, trying to fly to unreachable places and getting 100% on the sections.

Compared to Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank, I wouldn't be interested in playing new Spyro's nowadays though.

Gaming pleasure were all simple fun back then, childhood gaming >>>
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 am

@RG then you realize the horror as the exodus of 13yr olds from XBL come to PSN.

If I had to choose consoles that would honestly sway my opinion massively.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:17 am

Speaking of nostalgia

Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Consoles live and die by the ergonomics of their controllers, and the manner in which developers utilize those controllers for launch titles. That's what Blacklight's aiming to be: a launch title for the PS4, though it may take a few months longer than that to finish the port, Zombie Studios communications manager Collin Moore told Polygon during an E3 2013 demo.

My Blacklight demo marked my first time holding the PlayStation 4's new controller, which I fell in love with instantly. It feels better in the hand, with more responsive buttons and far more manageable triggers than those on the comparatively obtuse DualShock 3. Blacklight on PS4 utilizes that controller extremely well — the PC version of the title has been lauded for its tight shooting mechanics, which have been adapted nicely to the new DualShock.

That's quite fortunate, Moore explained, because a console's early shooters are often responsible for selling the promise of how all games will control on new platforms.

"For ergonomics in the controls; we saw it last generation with Halo, Halo pretty much defined how people held the Xbox with the old Duke controller," Moore said. "Sony's made some really good updates to the DualShock. When we got our hands on it and started playing, we were like, 'Holy crap, I think I've found my new favorite controller.'

"The first-person shooter genre being a genre that a lot of people buy their console for, the genre where you get your 15 million sellers, your 18 million sellers, your Call of Duty and Halo-type games," Moore said. "Those are the games that everyone puts their hands on, and if it doesn't make sense, you'll have a lot of disappointed fans out there. But we've done a lot of research to make sure Blacklight, even though we have different features, that people still feel comfortable in the game. They can pick up and play if they've played a previous game in the first-person genre, and they'll be able to figure it out really quickly and have a great time."

Shooting in Blacklight PS4 felt responsive, even though it used the DualShock's formerly maligned rear triggers. While the DualShock 3's squishy, convex inputs left a lot to be desired on the PS3 shooters which decided to use them for aiming and firing, the PS4's — while still slightly analog — do not disappoint. My demo was single-player, and the bots I was firing at didn't do much in the way of evasive maneuvering; the demo, Zombie explained, was to show E3 attendees what shooting guns on the new console feels like.

There's a lot we haven't seen from Blacklight: Retribution's PS4 port, but if demoing that one mechanic truly was Zombie's goal at E3, it succeeded with flying colors.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/16/4430256/blacklight-retribution
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Spyro :bow:
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Time to jump the xbox titanic and float onto the truly unsinkable console, the PS4 :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:20 pm

I'm not going to make a decision until I will realistically buy one and make a decision then, but I thought the people here would enjoy this Very Happy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/996185_677269455623868_1288644870_n.jpg
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:27 pm

PS4 auto updates and social features are not behind the PS+ paywall. Gaikai fee TBD.

"If you choose not to subscribe we are still gating relatively little in many senses, so access to online catch-up TV and online movie services sit outside of the gate, for example. The social features of PS4 and PS4 games sit out of the subscription service... things like auto-updates on PS4 sit outside of PlayStation Plus, so we're trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can. If you choose to pay the subscription, yes, you get one important element of modern-day gameplay, but you also get fantastic value in games, including the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub."

Auto-update functionality had previously only been available to PS Plus subscribers on PS3, and though it isn't yet clear what Gara means by PS4's "social features", it's possible he could be referring to the console's broadcasting and video upload features.

Whether PlayStation Plus users will be required to pay an additional fee for access to PS3 title streaming through Gaikai, however, is still undecided.

"In short, we haven't decided," said Gara when asked whether the firm plans to introduce additional PlayStation Plus tiers to accommodate backwards-compatibility streaming. "The Gaikai developments are exciting. The Remote Play feature which we're particularly excited about not just benefits PS4 but PS Vita - that uses some Gaikai technology.

"But secondly, the full cloud gaming service comes a bit later – we announced that 2014 will start to see that introduced for PS3 titles in the US, and we'll start to see a gradual increase in consoles, titles, devices and countries involved as we go forward, so there is a plan there to bring the PlayStation experience to more devices out of the cloud using the Gaikai that will broaden over time.

"Will that be part of PlayStation Plus? I genuinely don't know. Will that require some other, different charging mechanism? Perhaps. We just haven't sat down to answer that question yet."

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:36 pm

I'll happily pay a monthly fee for improved online.

They don't need to try to justify that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Same Tom, done it on XBL for nearly 5 years Laughing

There are people who don't like it though, but personally if a monthly fee means better services and from stuff i heard already it sounds worth it to me.

As for the cloud service, i expect that to be apart of PS+ as anyone who wants to play online has to pay for it like XBL.

With all the developers taking about how cloud allows them to do certain things with their game etc etc so you are just limiting your userbase if you try to demand an inital fee and then features that devs design are not getting used.

I expect both Sony and MS to have their cloud service as part of their subscription models.( PS+ and XBL Gold)

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next