Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Eivindo
Pedram
Onyx
45 posters

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Same Tom, done it on XBL for nearly 5 years Laughing

There are people who don't like it though, but personally if a monthly fee means better services and from stuff i heard already it sounds worth it to me.

As for the cloud service, i expect that to be apart of PS+ as anyone who wants to play online has to pay for it like XBL.

With all the developers taking about how cloud allows them to do certain things with their game etc etc so you are just limiting your userbase if you try to demand an inital fee and then features that devs design are not getting used.

I expect both Sony and MS to have their cloud service as part of their subscription models.( PS+ and XBL Gold)

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 4 Thread

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:47 pm

Yeah it would make sense.

And I've not had my xbox long at all but I spent so much fckn money on it. I even bought the 250GB Kinect model because Argos didn't have the standard one in stock and I didn't want to go shopping because I can't stand it :facepalm:

A few pounds a month is nothing compared to constantly disconnecting and even buying a game for the multiplayer, only to find out you're not able to connect to 80% of your friends Laughing

*Cough FIFA 10, old CoD's. Cough*
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Honestly just looking at the features Xbox Live Gold had this generation....

Party Chat, a UI/Interface which is easy to use and actually works, reliable and consistent online play and better security.

There's probably more that i'm not remembering and PS+ on PS4 will have Party chat, the interface looks a lot better and quite frankly with the massive push towards online play with a lot of games ( Destiny etc etc) if they don't have reliable and consistent online with security that you can rely on then they are idiots.

That's without mentioning things like free games, early access to beta's etc etc and all the other new features.

I'd pay £100 a year, matter about 40 Laughing i'd much rather have an excellent service i pay for than a free service which is limited to what it could offer me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 pm

It felt almost too good, like I was holding something illicit. I was afraid it would be taken away. It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller?

You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you.

The triggers are likewise more comfortable, curving slightly inward to hold your finger. The buttons and D-pad likely have some subtle distinctions between the Dual Shock 4 and the previous PlayStation 3 controllers, but I couldn’t tell much of a difference. The controller comes with rumble, standard, so we don’t have to suffer through Sony claiming that force feedback is a “last-gen” feature because it doesn’t want to pay to license it.

Wat rofl

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/the-playstation-4-conroller-is-just-slightly-better-than-the-best-thing-eve
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah Xbox live was miles ahead of PSN so I don't mind paying a handsome fee to get it up to scratch.

Also, I like my gaming but f*ck me if he's not a serial killer i'll be surprised. Man's unbalanced.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 pm

A yearly fee like Xbox Gold would be worth it if the difference between normal PS4 online and PS4 Plus is significant. Basically a lot of features. Xbox Gold is cheaper than a new game.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 am

To everyone who got converted to Sony:

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 14 APvvyMq_460s
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 am

ES pls. I'm like PS1, even though everyone had a N64. Then PS2. Then PSP. Then X360, then in 2010 PS3.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4

20-30fps Laughing

If this was about the Xbone no sewage system in the world would've been enough to handle the circlejerk
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:33 pm

The game runs fine to me. Saying it dips to 20 often is an exaggeration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRiLQ4AeanA

And its a launch title also. Sacrifices are always made, it probably has nothing to do with the console and more to do with the developer, time constraints, and knowledge of how to get the best out of the system which for know is most likely not much.

Forza does run at 60 but absolutely everything in that game is completely baked and static. There's no real time dynamic lighting or effects that happen, everything is prerendered, you can't even drive on courses at different times of day, its either a night course or a day course lol. But again thats what they chose to do, or the sacrifice they made to get the game out at launch and running at a high fps.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm

the elder scrolls online on PS4 :fap:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Also the argument is a bit unfair....

Comparing a racer and a very Linear action game to a open world adventure game to a FPS which has vasts amount of world to explore even if its not open world...

Of course the FPS will be higher without effecting the graphics.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Sony's first-party studios have 30 games in development for the PlayStation 4, 20 of which are due to release within a year of the console's launch and 12 of which are new franchises.

That's according to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO Jim Ryan, who told Gamereactor at E3 that more titles would be unveiled at Gamescom.

"At the event in New York on February 20 of this year, we showed a lot of software," he explained. "We showed a lot of first-party software. What we did at E3 here was really show some updates to those games, and, as you mentioned, introduce The Order: 1886. There’s a lot coming.

"I’m sure you heard from [SCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has—just his studios—he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP.

"So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans—we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?"

At the moment, the first-party exclusives we've seen for the PlayStation 4 are DriveClub, Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886. It sounds like this list will grow following Gamescom, which is taking place between August 21 and 25.

When Microsoft announced the Xbox One last month, the company revealed it would be releasing 15 exclusive games for the console in the first year, of which eight would be new franchises.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Shuhei Yoshida, Sony President of Worldwide Studios, has confirmed via Twitter that the PlayStation 4 will not use a power brick. Instead, the power supply will be housed internally

Additional details regarding the PlayStation 4's power supply and how the company managed to fit it within the console's relatively small casing are still unknown.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:22 pm

DayZ coming out for PS4 and PC

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 14 Dis%20gon%20be%20good

For those who don't know what it is it's basically the a Zombie Simulator or in other words a realistic zombie apocalypse that's *bleep* awesome. If you like the Last of Us or The Walking Dead this is the game for you. It used to be a mod for Arma 2 but is now becoming a standalone title.

E3 Gameplay

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Hopefully there's an option on PS4 where whenever you're watching someone, notifications messages aren't displayed.

Currently you have to manually do it from the system settings.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm about to pre-order this right now. Quick question, do you get charged immediately for the pre-order or you get charged when the game ships?

Don't blame me, its my first time pre-ordering anything. I usually wait till its released but I'm scared I may not have enough money when its released to buy it(holiday period Laughing).

Anyone?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:Shuhei Yoshida, Sony President of Worldwide Studios, has confirmed via Twitter that the PlayStation 4 will not use a power brick. Instead, the power supply will be housed internally

Additional details regarding the PlayStation 4's power supply and how the company managed to fit it within the console's relatively small casing are still unknown.
I don't understand this Neutral
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:30 am

Blue Barrett wrote:I'm about to pre-order this right now. Quick question, do you get charged immediately for the pre-order or you get charged when the game ships?

Don't blame me, its my first time pre-ordering anything. I usually wait till its released but I'm scared I may not have enough money when its released to buy it(holiday period Laughing).

Anyone?

From what I've read, most sites only charge your card once it is shipped. Check out FAQs on the site you order
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:01 am

Thanks. This is what I got:

The Official PlayStation 4 Thread - Page 14 Preorder_zpsee9f5f25

First console since PS2. I've been a PC gamer the whole time Very Happy
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Retail sources have confirmed to CVG that PS4 pre-orders must be placed "before next week" in order to guarantee a system on launch date. That effectively gives consumers an August 5 deadline.

Pre-orders can still be placed thereafter, but may not result in a system on the day of release, as demand is expected to significantly outstrip supply. The deadline will be imposed across the UK, and likely Europe, but circumstances may be different across the US and Japan.

hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Sony may be winning the race for positive buzz and consumer goodwill over its rival Microsoft in the months leading to the release of PS4 and Xbox One, but interesting choices the company made in recent years may hinder the company from making heavy profits once the console’s out the door.

As we reported last week, Sony turned a very modest profit in the last fiscal quarter. However, Bloomberg reports that the U.S. dollar’s rise against the Japanese yen may end up hurting Sony’s PlayStation division’s ability to deliver a strong performance on the balance sheet.

“Those currency related losses [from the quarterly report] are poised to deepen as analysts project a further 10 percent rise in the dollar by the end of Sony’s year in March, based on 74 analysts’ estimates compiled by Bloomberg,” the news agency notes, stating later that, “While the weaker yen will lift the value of sales abroad for the new PlayStation 4, margins will be crimped as parts and production are paid for in dollars.”

Sony originally “agreed to pay suppliers in U.S. currency to reduce costs as it made plans to challenge Microsoft in the U.S. video-market.” This was a move designed “to shield its PlayStation game unit from a strengthening yen,” but now that the dollar is on the rise, the move is “backfiring.”

Sony has good news to look at, though, even apart from its exceptionally strong pre-order numbers. 70 percent of Sony’s revenue comes from markets outside of Japan, meaning the company is only partially reliant on sales measured in a weakened yen.

And, as Bloomberg notes, the PlayStation 4 will cost £349 in the UK and €399 in the rest of Europe. That also spells good news for the company, considering £349 is equivalent to $541, and €399 is equivalent to $532. The PS4 will only cost $399 in the US.

Finally, Bloomberg confirms that while the PlayStation 3 contributed to Sony’s monumental losses directly after the launch of the console – amounting to somewhere in the region of $3.5 billion – the company doesn’t anticipate anything similar to happen to PS4, primarily because “the amount of investment” in the console “is much, much smaller,” according to Sony’s Masaru Kato.

While PlayStation 3 didn’t turn profitable until nearly five years after it launched, Sony’s Andrew House stated that the company “will not generate anything like the losses [Sony] did for the PlayStation 3.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Forbes

In the console war, the Xbox One is the one with major TV offerings alongside its gaming functions. Or at least it was. Sony SNE +0.86% has reached a landmark deal to stream Viacom VIAB +0.96% channels via an Internet TV service and, one assumes, the company’s soon-to-be-released Playstation 4, according a report from the Wall Street Journal verified by the New York Times.

This deal has larger implications beyond the fight between Xbox and Playstation. Even as more customers watch television over internet streams, cable and dish companies maintain a  powerful content lock. All the major tech companies are looking for a way into the living room, but those gatekeepers have a lot of sway. This could be the first direct deal between one of those tech companies and a content provider, and it means that people using Sony’s service would be able to stream channels like Nickelodeon, MTV and Comedy Central the same way they already stream Netflix NFLX +2.11%. It could also signal the start of a major shift within the content industry.

It’s not hard to see how this news applies to the console war. While Sony has largely pursued a game-centric marketing strategy with the PS4 so far, it has also been trying to turn its Playstation consoles into central entertainment hubs for years. Not only will this deal likely up the PS4′s video offerings in the near-term, it could mark a return to aggressively pursuing a box that can do TV with the best of them. Not entirely coincidentally, that is Microsoft MSFT +0.37%‘s plan with Xbox One as well. In this next-gen fight, we’re witness to a battle in which teach side is eagerly stealing the best parts of the other’s idea, until their feature lists look nearly identical.

Microsoft still has something of a head start when it comes to video — HBO GO  and ESPN stand out, with more likely on the way — but Microsoft has chosen to work with cable companies, rather than against them. So while the Xbox One’s services will be great for anyone who already has a cable subscription, Sony’s concept of dealing directly with content providers means that the large swath of console users who want their box to replace a cable subscription will have something to play with. It is important to remember though that, unlike Netflix, these channels will almost certainly not be free.

I like how this deal looks for Sony. It gives the troubled company a real sense of forward motion in an area where many other companies have struggled.  I’d be surprised if Sony’s Playstation wasn’t the main driver of this deal. This feels like CEO’s Kaz Hirai vision of a more streamlined, more focused Sony, with the Playstation brand as one of its central properties. If Sony can make the economics of selling TV directly to consumers work, it gains a major advantage in accessing the average family’s television, something that every tech company in the world is jockeying for right now.

Just don’t expect this fight to be easy. The much-maligned cable purveyors that companies like Sony are trying to circumvent aren’t leaving the picture. If they start to lose out on TV, they also control access to the internet for millions of Americans. Oh well.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Launching November 29th in Europe & November 15th in North America [via Gamescom]
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:19 pm

UK retailer GAME will offer customers a guaranteed £40 trade-in when upgrading current-gen copies of Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14.

The offer is valid when trading a version of the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 against the price of a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One copy.

Call of Duty: Ghosts costs £49.99 on Xbox One, meaning you'd only pay a tenner to upgrade.

Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 are similarly priced.

The offer will only be available in-store, GAME's small print reveals. GameStop and Amazon are running similar deals in the US.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-03-game-promises-40-trade-in-when-you-upgrade-cod-bf4-fifa-14

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:35 pm

That's brilliant.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 43 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next