rwo power
barca 2011
The Franchise
worms
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is the best team in the world?

Who is the best team in the world? Vote_lcap17%Who is the best team in the world? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
Who is the best team in the world? Vote_lcap33%Who is the best team in the world? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]
Who is the best team in the world? Vote_lcap10%Who is the best team in the world? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best team in the world? Vote_lcap40%Who is the best team in the world? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 30

Who is the best team in the world? Empty Who is the best team in the world?

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:10 am

From 2008 to 2012 we(Barcelona) were comfortably the best team in the world,but now I feel the tide has shifted somewhat.I am going to vote for Bayern,they have a perfectly balanced team with a very strong squad too.I don't really see any weaknesses.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Who is the best team in the world? Empty Re: Who is the best team in the world?

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:12 am

Noone, its up in the air.

I dont buy Bayern, they are very strong, but nah, they aint proven that just yet to me personally.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:19 am

Idk, I think the CL will help us answer this question further. But I can say this. If Barca do experience a decline (god forbid) and Bayern begin to climb to the top of the football world starting this season then Pep Guardiola is a f-ing GENIUS.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:25 am

Well, for now one should rather consider Jupp Heynckes the mastermind who neatly built on LVG's foundations to make Bayern look pretty good. Pep will have to prove that he can continue what they began.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:31 am

rwo power wrote:Well, for now one should rather consider Jupp Heynckes the mastermind who neatly built on LVG's foundations to make Bayern look pretty good. Pep will have to prove that he can continue what they began.
Of course. But he's already proven that he has every chance to succeed, so he's likely to keep it going. That doesn't guarantee he can do it again but he's already been at the top. He's also shown that he has the vision to see a great thing/project before it's full potential has been reached, and then get the most out of the players/team.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 am

Sure Pep has proven a lot at Barca - I'm just very curious whether he is really compatible with Bayern. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 am

The Franchise wrote:Noone, its up in the air.

I dont buy Bayern, they are very strong, but nah, they aint proven that just yet to me personally.

It depends on how you judge teams,this Bayern team hasn't won anything yet although they more or less have the Bundesliga wrapped up.They reached the CL last year and were unlucky not to win it,I must say I thought they were clearly the best team in the CL last year.Won a tough group comfortably and outplayed Madrid over 2 legs.While we struggled against both Milan and Chelsea.

But watching Bayern this season I put them at number 1.They are defensively solid,they are great as defending as a team as well as having top defenders and GK.There defense can play a high line or a deep line as their defenders are very fast and also physically dominant.Dante is one of the best CB's in the world.Midfield has a perfect balance of power, athleticism,technique and creativity.World class dynamic players like Muller and Ribery out wide.Also Manzukic up front who is a much better all round player than Gomez,as well as having quality on the ball he never stops running all game.

Players like Robben,Tymoshak,Shaquiri,Pizarro,Gustavo and Gomez on the bench.

Like I said before I can't find a weakness in their team,Swine and Martinez is a frightening partnership.They both dominated Dortmunds midfield the other day,they were just too physically imposing for Dortmund to deal with.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 am

Currently probably Bayern.

Doing well in Bundesliga and the CL. They're impressive attacking wise and defensively.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 am

Right back section is the best team in the world. That's right mods, your cue.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:17 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Right back section is the best team in the world. That's right mods, your cue.

I've never seen Right back section play before.

worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:22 am

Bayern does look like the strongest team at the moment. That doesnt mean a whole lot though. Teams like Real, Manu, or even the likes of Milan or PSG etc are not too far behind and could easily win against Bayern on a good day...

ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 am

United should atleast be on that list. Running away with the league, haven't lost since Nov.....Dec in all comps. Strong position to qualify to the last 8 of the CL and in the last 8 of the FA Cup. we're not doing too bad.

My vote went to Bayern. At this moment in time, they look very strong. Although in a 2 legged game, I would fancy our chances against them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 am

worms wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Noone, its up in the air.

It depends on how you judge teams,this Bayern team hasn't won anything yet although they more or less have the Bundesliga wrapped up.They reached the CL last year and were unlucky not to win it,I must say I thought they were clearly the best team in the CL last year.Won a tough group comfortably and outplayed Madrid over 2 legs.While we struggled against both Milan and Chelsea.

But watching Bayern this season I put them at number 1.They are defensively solid,they are great as defending as a team as well as having top defenders and GK.There defense can play a high line or a deep line as their defenders are very fast and also physically dominant.Dante is one of the best CB's in the world.Midfield has a perfect balance of power, athleticism,technique and creativity.World class dynamic players like Muller and Ribery out wide.Also Manzukic up front who is a much better all round player than Gomez,as well as having quality on the ball he never stops running all game.

Players like Robben,Tymoshak,Shaquiri,Pizarro,Gustavo and Gomez on the bench.

Like I said before I can't find a weakness in their team,Swine and Martinez is a frightening partnership.They both dominated Dortmunds midfield the other day,they were just too physically imposing for Dortmund to deal with.

To me, its not really about what they have won or havent won..though that plays a part too.

Its more the level of their game and how I think they would in say,theoric top 10 teams each play twice each and who does the best overall.

My main problem with Bayern, I think they will struggle with a team who dictates the game to them. I think they would have trouble, major trouble in fact, with a full functioning Barcelona for example.

I dont see them as without weakness as such.

As for individuals, I am not as high on that midfield combination as you and I need to see more Manzukic in the deeper CL before I make a concrete statement.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:45 am

Oh and yes, why Man Utd arent on that list I dont know. As I said last year when Madrid were better than they are now, I aint sure they are better and I am certaintly not sure Juve are better either.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 am

I didn't put Man United on the list because I don't think they are realistic contenders for the best team in the world,.United got outplayed by Madrid just the other week,United didn't play a open game against them as they knew if they did they would have got humiliated by a superior team.

Just look at their midfield and compare it to the midfields of the four teams I included in the poll.It's just average isn't it?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 am

Carrick, Cleverley and Kagawa isn't a bad midfield imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 am

worms wrote:I didn't put Man United on the list because I don't think they are realistic contenders for the best team in the world,.United got outplayed by Madrid just the other week,United didn't play a open game against them as they knew if they did they would have got humiliated by a superior team.

Just look at their midfield and compare it to the midfields of the four teams I included in the poll.It's just average isn't it?

cool story, bro.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:03 am

worms wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Right back section is the best team in the world. That's right mods, your cue.

I've never seen Right back section play before.

Exactly where it belongs now Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

RED wrote:
worms wrote:I didn't put Man United on the list because I don't think they are realistic contenders for the best team in the world,.United got outplayed by Madrid just the other week,United didn't play a open game against them as they knew if they did they would have got humiliated by a superior team.

cool story, bro.

You are not in the poll because you are clearly not as good as those 4 teams.Also you are not as good as Dortmund.Make your own poll if you don't like it.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:40 am

i'd go for bayern, although you can't really say definitively until the season is finished. imho juve are not in the same class as bayern, barca and real just yet (although if we win the CL that would be another matter Smile )

i'm with you on this - carrick, cleverly, anderson etc are all average at best. man u's midfield has been distinctly average for quite some time (and their defense at the moment looks pretty ordinary too). put simply any team who occasionally plays 1) a 39 yo winger as a CM; and/or 2) a 38 AM who can't tackle clearly has some issues in the middle of the park. at least Park isn't playing CM any more :facepalm:

their wingers and attack (and the depth for both) on the other hand :bow:

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 am

It's Bayern, then Barcelona and then United for me.

You can laugh at United's midfield all day - they don't get dominated by many sides. And even when they do they somehow end up coming out victorious or with a positive result. They have arguably the best winning mentality in the world. And a lot of depth. Put simply, they don't have quality players (Rooney and RvP are their best obviously; the only two world class in the squad) but they have a system that is very very hard to beat.

By the way, Park left United last summer. There's a reason he doesn't play there. And even when he did he was a solid player. His work rate is tremendously underrated.

Madrid and Juventus are fighting for 4th and 5th.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 am

Whoever wins the CL.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm

ynwa wrote:It's Bayern, then Barcelona and then United for me.

You can laugh at United's midfield all day - they don't get dominated by many sides. And even when they do they somehow end up coming out victorious or with a positive result. They have arguably the best winning mentality in the world. And a lot of depth. Put simply, they don't have quality players (Rooney and RvP are their best obviously; the only two world class in the squad) but they have a system that is very very hard to beat.

By the way, Park left United last summer. There's a reason he doesn't play there. And even when he did he was a solid player. His work rate is tremendously underrated.

Madrid and Juventus are fighting for 4th and 5th.

Yeah, i have to say Man U's drive to win would be above any other team i can think of (including Juve's). The number of times they went behind and won at the start of the season was rather mind boggling.

I'd have to disagree on the midfield being dominated part. if i recall correctly, Benfica and Bilbao did it last season and Valencia the season before (but got beaten). In any case, my point is that Man U are with Juve, Dortmund and possibly Shakthar in the group below Bayern, Barca and Real.

A little off topic, but i know Park left. Not questioning his work rate but more his suitability as a CM in a 2 man central midfield. Work rate is one thing, positional sense and tactical awareness are another.

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm

Just 3 bad games and Bayern are better than Barca? Hypocrisy. Barca are missing a manager..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 am

Bayern and it's not close... cheers
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next