julias
EarlyPrototype
Sushi Master
Red Alert
Ganso
54 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders  - Page 2 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders

Post by Pedram Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:37 pm

If they've had Sahin i'd say 1/8 is guaranteed but without him i think they will find it difficult to survive from the group stage. depends on their group too.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders  - Page 2 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders

Post by M99 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Quarter finals. I know Sahin left but they still have Kagawa, Gotze, Barrios, Hummels, Subotic, Schmelzer, Bender all quality players.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:02 pm

No Sahin No Party
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 pm

This is a wee bit off-topic.

How did they manage to fend-off the vultures!!! New deal or not, if the so-called big-guns really took interest, would they been able to keep the squad together!!!

Is it because, since they players are very young, other clubs are simply waiting for more development!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:33 pm

It's because they have a tight squad, a very likable manager a decent wages. Also, they can be part of something and if they keep on progressing can be a CL quality club. Apart from them being young but not greedy. Every single key player extended their contract this season. Doesn't mean they will stay, but it sure helps out. In Germany you find that players are fiercily loyal and most do not whore out in a beat as in other leagues.

Hope they stay and don't do a Porto.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:54 pm

iftikhar wrote:This is a wee bit off-topic.

How did they manage to fend-off the vultures!!! New deal or not, if the so-called big-guns really took interest, would they been able to keep the squad together!!!

Is it because, since they players are very young, other clubs are simply waiting for more development!!!

Subotic said in an interview that almost all players got offers from big clubs and could have earned more money
but they want to experience the CL together.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
pdolson wrote:further than madrid

No wonder you have -32, that's what Madrid Fans knows how to do best.

Rep people down that don't accept a legitimate view that Madrid is not too much of a great side

pdolson was just making a joke, but what is your problem? Do you have some kind of personal crusade with Madrid, or are you just a troll who wants to pick fights?

On topic, they should get out of the group stage easily. Further depends on luck.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:12 pm

I belive they can get past the group stages in CL but not further than that.
Like Yuri said, No Sahin no party.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Group Stage exit

They failed in Europa last season, what makes anyone think they could do better in a much harder competition without Sahin?

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Not sure,
But I reckon they'll dissapoint
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
pdolson wrote:further than madrid

No wonder you have -32, that's what Madrid Fans knows how to do best.

Rep people down that don't accept a legitimate view that Madrid is not too much of a great side

Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders  - Page 2 Cry%2Bme%2Ba%2Briver%2Bdemotivational%2Bposter

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:31 am

r16 should be good enough for them
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Batigoal Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:21 am

Crimson wrote:Group Stage exit

They failed in Europa last season, what makes anyone think they could do better in a much harder competition without Sahin?

Totally agree, everybody here seems to forget that League and EL/CL are totally different stories..
Batigoal
Batigoal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

https://facebook.com/tarik.az

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:23 am

Personally I think theyre gonna go far, especially ifthey can find agood replacement for sahin. Maybe switching to a more attacking 4132 with zidan partnering barrios up front behind goetze, grosskreutz, and kagawa would be good. But back on topic, I know ot of you are gonna seriously disagree with me, but I think th c go veryfar, and possibly even win it. They have oneof the strongest defenses in europe. They alsohaveone of the strongest offenses. Even though they dont have y big names, theyre attacking playersbhave somuch perfect chemistry playing together. They play like theyve been playing together for 5+ years. Theyre simply awesome to watch, and theyll definity go far in my opinion. Theyalso have one of the best coaches in football withklopp. Abd people comparing them to wolfsburg two years ago are forgetting that after wolfsburg won the bundesliga, magath left and mclaren came in. Thats a big step down in coaching quality. With all due respect to mclaren, magath is one of the best coachesin the world.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:45 am

Bumped this.

Surpassed the group stages by outplaying every opponent in their group in what was dubbed as the Group of the death.Most impressive team of this season's competition by far.

I'd say they have got a good draw but it could've been better for them considering there were other far weaker teams in the other Pot.Nonetheless i believe Dortmund are favorites for this one and they've left an impression where people believe they are one of the CL favorites for this year,they've been that good.

Obviously once you progress to the quarter finals its all a lottery you know in regards to the draw but either ways what are your expectations of Dortmund in CL this season going into the next round ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 am

Definitely think they can beat Shakhtar. Maybe a draw in Donetsk and then a win in Dortmund.

After that, it depends on the draw. They could get a big team like Barca, or a relatively smaller one like Malaga/Galatasaray/Porto.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 am

the first page of this thread is pretty lol worthy now tbh.

considering how well they did in the group stages they definitely have the potential to go far, even win it.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:37 am

vanDEEZ wrote:the first page of this thread is pretty lol worthy now tbh.

considering how well they did in the group stages they definitely have the potential to go far, even win it.

That was last season tbf ,thread is dated at June 26, 2011 so some of them got their predictions spot on in the end.

This season its been an entirely different story though and they've lived up to their enormous potential in quite emphatic fashion i must say.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:41 pm

By the way Dortmund along with PSG were the highest earners(CL money) from the Champions League group stages at €17.1m.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders  - Page 2 Empty Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders

Post by S Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I dint watch the game but they won against Shakthar with a smashing scoreline.I actually believe they have what it takes to win CL this year or atleast be able to reach the final rounds.What do you people think ?

Last edited by Surag on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Yes!!! And they have been from the start. I don't know why people are surprised.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

my money is on a bayern vs dortmund final
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

They have been legit contenders since they ran away with that group they was in.

I do think Bayern will win it though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

We can beat Bayern imo. But we'll have trouble vs Juve and Dortmund. I hope they face each other in the quarters.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

götze was so so good again today
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They have been legit contenders since they ran away with that group they was in.

I do think Bayern will win it though.

Knockouts is where the business starts and its where people properly judge teams.Performances like these would have surely eradicated the little doubts some people had in their minds.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next