julias
EarlyPrototype
Sushi Master
Red Alert
Ganso
54 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders  - Page 3 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders

Post by S Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They have been legit contenders since they ran away with that group they was in.

I do think Bayern will win it though.

Knockouts is where the business starts and its where people properly judge teams.Performances like these would have surely eradicated the little doubts some people had in their minds.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders  - Page 3 Empty Re: Borussia Dortmund are legit CL contenders

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:We can beat Bayern imo. But we'll have trouble vs Juve and Dortmund. I hope they face each other in the quarters.

All the contenders can beat each other that is the beauty of it....

Most competitive CL i have seen in years.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Said it before and yea. Legit contenders.

They have more depth than last year and more experience than last year. But CL is unpredictable. They can beat Bayern in the CL final and win it, or they can lose to PSG next round if they face them.

But definitely one of the contenders
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I think this is the appropriate thread to decide Ninis' new username.Any suggestions guys ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:27 pm

if they'd beat bayern in the CL final that would just be priceless. those bavarian faces Twisted Evil
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Bayern will rape us :facepalm:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Surag wrote:I think this is the appropriate thread to decide Ninis' new username.Any suggestions guys ?

angela merkel
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:29 pm

if we go out i definitely want dortmund to beat bayern in a final

those bavarian faces from last final Twisted Evil
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Yes, the first half performance was stunning, beautiful and perfect. If they could find that form in the CL, nobody in the world can stop Dortmund. Not Bayern, not Juve, not Madrid, nobody.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:31 pm

They have been contenders all season. I like their chances against any team still alive tbh. on any given 2-legged tie they could win i think.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Dortmund are a fantastic team this season and I stand corrected. I will not stop reminding people of the forgotten European flops in the previous two years but this year they hold nothing but respect from my end. Legitimately beat a very strong Shaktar Donesk in what was quite a scintillating tie.

Their squad (along with the highly underrated Błaszczykowski Proud ) is easily good enough to succeed and make it through all the way.

My prediction for long has been that either Real Madrid, or one German team (whether Schalke, Dortmund or Bayern) will be holding up the European Cup.

Mark my words
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Schalke won't win it.

Mark my words x 3
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

they'll go out in the next round.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Pedram wrote:they'll go out in the next round.
this was the wisest post so far in this thread

also surag show some mercy man Neutral

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 pm

Idiot's new name

"Useless"

How can people say they'll go out next round? what if they drew Malaga Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm

I dont think Dortmund will win it, but they'll make it to the semis imo.

They played very well today, but had Shakthar been more clinical the scoreline could have been much different. Shakthar were playing some beautiful football in the 2nd half, when they were attacking and not sitting back.

Gundogoat was brilliant, so was Goatze :bow:

One of the things I love about Dortmund is that they're comfortable at counterattacking and comfortable at keeping possession, I mean they are dangerous in both situations, which something that could very well make them win this competition.

Also on suggestions for ninis's name, change it to visca barca.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:47 am

Shaktar was shiet and sold their star player. They played at La Manga against Norwegian teams this winter, which is absolutely a disastrous way to prepare for the CL again.

Still, Dortmund will promise an entertaining match against whoever they meet, though I dont belive they will reach the final.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 am

Even though I'm a Juventus fan,I would love to see Dortmund vs Juventus as a football fan.Both clubs have woken up from the ashes over the past 2 years and have shown the world that you don't need billionaire owner to win or compete for trophies.

Juventus vs Dortmund.Pirlo and Marchisio vs Reus and Gotze,Germany's best vs Italy's best.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:11 am

Well, I hope for an interesting CL QF draw next week!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 am

Dortmund WERE legit contenders. Then this thread happened No

GL kiss of death No

Surag epic jinx No
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 am

Yeah, but they have been before the tournament even began...so?

Admittedly some people didn't give them a chance in their group, I was not one of those.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:43 am

Firenze wrote:Yeah, but they have been before the tournament even began...so?

Thats pushing it.

I think quite a few expected them to pass the group but none really thought of them as serious contenders at the start of the tournament and rightfully so as they were coming back off some poor performances in Europe in previous years.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:41 am

Well, the next match is more important for Dortmund than any other anyway: Derby auf Schalke!!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Seriously though, that was one entertaining match. I actually thought that Dortmund didn't play all that brilliantly - their attacking was great, but their defense did get propped up by Donezks finishing and Weidenfellers heroics (2.5 stars on lol.com btw Very Happy ) a bit, they could've easily conceded a few.

Also a few sidenotes: Reus and Kuba are both incredibly dangerous coming from the wings, we knew this, but saw it again. Kuba basically made his goal happen all by himself (well, Shaktars keeper did help a bit), and Reus had a similarly good run, but finished poorly.

Lewandowski is still unable to finish anything, but his link-up and movement are both great, so he's got his uses. He just is really really bad as a striker.

Piszcek had a rather bad game, but Schmelzer did alright. Benders positioning is lacking these days, but Gündogan is basically flawless.

Dortmund are going places, but I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:54 pm

They can certainly match almost every team if not every team in the knockouts. I wouldn't put it past them to go to the semis. Do they have what it takes to win the CL? Probably, I agree they are contenders. This years CL is quite open and there isn't a clear favorite.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:45 am

Great side but with either Bayern and Real Madrid to overcome , nerves will get the better of them I cant see them lifting the trophy
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next