S
McAgger
The Franchise
Toffer Harley
Mr Nick09
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu! Empty Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu!

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Final of the Copa del Rey will be held in the Bernabeu on may 17th.

Madrid wanted to troll barca by asking the Nou Camp but all partied agreed the final played in Madrid as a proper derby is the best venue, specially for the fans as it makes no sense that more than 50000 fans move to another city for the final.

Each club will have 350000 tickets for their fans.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu! Empty Re: Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu!

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Final of the Copa del Rey will be held in the Bernabeu on may 17th.

Madrid wanted to troll barca by asking the Nou Camp but all partied agreed the final played in Madrid as a proper derby is the best venue, specially for the fans as it makes no sense that more than 50000 fans move to another city for the final.

Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu! No-really-its-huge
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu! Empty Re: Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu!

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Madrid play a cup final in their own home. Seems fair Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Well, Cerezo asked for it, it's not like we forced the decision on them. better to have 35000 fans than 20000 no?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Final of the Copa del Rey will be held in the Bernabeu on may 17th.

Copa del Rey Final, May 17, Bernabeu! No-really-its-huge
rofl
dont forget people watching in the 10 other dimensions :mindblown:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Well, Cerezo asked for it, it's not like we forced the decision on them. better to have 35000 fans than 20000 no?

Well yeah, they submit to you in every way possible. Whats new?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Laughing I feel bad for Atletico. They are our whooping boys on and OFF the field.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Madrid play a cup final in their own home. Seems fair Laughing

Well both clubs are from Madrid.Its a large capacity stadium and with tickets equally divided.It would be quite fitting to have the final staged in Madrid itself.Dont see whats the problem here.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Surag wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Madrid play a cup final in their own home. Seems fair Laughing

Well both clubs are from Madrid.Its a large capacity stadium and with tickets equally divided.It would be quite fitting to have the final staged in Madrid itself.Dont see whats the problem here.

Atletico and their players are still going to play at Madrid home. Its a mental factor.

And for a team who is already afraid of Madrid, it will only cement their inferiority.

If im Diego Simone, I dont really like this. Maybe he wont care, I dont know, but me personally, considering the two teams and how they play against each other its the smallest edge.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

It's all about money. The 2 stadiums in Spain that generate the most revenue per game are Bernabeu and Camp Mou. Since Camp Mou is not an option, they went for the Bernabeu. If it was Camp Mou, it would pretty much be a guaranteed win for Madrid these days... Atleti has a better chance at the Bernabeu.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm

First of all, yes its about money no question thats why Atletico agreed to it.

Second, Atletico have no chance either way. It could be played in Falcao's garden and they would still get hammered.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's all about money. The 2 stadiums in Spain that generate the most revenue per game are Bernabeu and Camp Mou. Since Camp Mou is not an option, they went for the Bernabeu. If it was Camp Mou, it would pretty much be a guaranteed win for Madrid these days... Atleti has a better chance at the Bernabeu.

lmao :bow: rofl

Really, it can't be unfair if Atletico themselves asked for it. Cerezos number 1 priority is tha moneyz

EDIT: Real Madrid and Atlético have played 3 CdR finals at the Bernabéu where Atlético won them all. [@2010MisterChip]

hmm, will they break the curse? hmm
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Surag wrote:

Atletico and their players are still going to play at Madrid home. Its a mental factor.

And for a team who is already afraid of Madrid, it will only cement their inferiority.

If im Diego Simone, I dont really like this. Maybe he wont care, I dont know, but me personally, considering the two teams and how they play against each other its the smallest edge.

Again whats their record against Madrid at the Calderon ? (In recent years).Whenever they play Madrid ,they just generally bow down to them.Playing at a different venue hardly changes things in my opinion.I agree there's this mentality issue but i dont think there's anything to do with the venue atleast going by their recent record against each other.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm

I am not suggesting they should play at the Calderon either. My point is coming 100% from if im Atletico's coach.

We have to try and beat a team who is superior to us and have been superior to us for years. On top of that, they have a mental strangle hold on us, so that even in a season where we outperform them, in head to head meetings we play like scared children and dont compete.

Do I, as Atletico coach want to add more the difficulty by having to come and play at Madrids home? My answer is no. The players are already feeling inferior, going to the opponants home only reinforces who is in charge here.

Its a up hill fight from the get go.

When I say sarcastically "seems fair", I mean only what I said above. Not that literally, Madrid have a unfair advantage given to them against everyone elses will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I agree that it's lame of Atleti to agree to a home game for Madrid... but then again, this is Atleti lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I still remember the Centenariazo so hopefully this doesn't backfire lol

We're playing at home so it's a mental advantage but the potential gain for Atleti is much larger if they win. I mean beating us in our stadium in a final? I would do it if I were Atleti.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:04 pm

They actually set a date AND a location...at the same time. Thought it would have taken the Spanish FA another month to decide if they wanna continue going for another month to decide what to do.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

So I take it the final won't be delayed for the Eurovision finals?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm

A final at home. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Don't care where it is. We can't let up on atleti
Them winning at our home would be embarrassing
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Atleti Laughing they love taking the dick up the ass Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:03 pm

The atleti fans will be the only ones you can hear anyway might as well play it at the calderon Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 pm

So they would receive a smaller cut in gate receipts AND lose in a final in front their own fans. Nah man LM, that's too cruel for anyone...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Madrid fan are always quiet in the stadium.
If I was there with my friends.... Ahh it'd be glorious!
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Albiceleste wrote:The atleti fans will be the only ones you can hear anyway might as well play it at the calderon Laughing

You could hear 500 Madridistas sing "Ole!" at a jam packed Camp Nou rofl

So long as the team does it's job the fans will do theirs. Anyway I think the Bernabeu fans will be more vocal than usual since Atleti fans will be taking up half the stadium there will be more sense of responsibly to get behind the team.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next