windkick
The Sanchez
BarcaKizz
gondov
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FC Barcelona - AC Milan | Tue March 12th | Champions League 2nd Leg Empty FC Barcelona - AC Milan | Tue March 12th | Champions League 2nd Leg

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:32 pm

15:45 EST | 19:45 GMT | 20:45 CET

Will be on a plane when this is going on but go Barca Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - AC Milan | Tue March 12th | Champions League 2nd Leg Empty Re: FC Barcelona - AC Milan | Tue March 12th | Champions League 2nd Leg

Post by gondov Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Its gonna be a pathetic scene watching our little players try to breach a 5-man midfield brickwall comprised of;

----nocerino----------------------------boateng
----------muntari--ambrosini--montolivo---------
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

FC Barcelona - AC Milan | Tue March 12th | Champions League 2nd Leg Empty Re: FC Barcelona - AC Milan | Tue March 12th | Champions League 2nd Leg

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 pm

So what's good self-medication for anxiety?

Fml... This is going to be hell, dunno if ill get to sleep before.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:37 pm

---------------Valdes----------------
----Puyol-----Pique---Mascherano--
----------------Busi------------------
---------Xavi-------------Iniesta-----
---------------Fabregas-------------
----Pedro-------Messi--------Vila---

Really have no idea how to approach this game but I'm sure Milan are just going to park it.
3-4-3 with three forwards (not Iniesta on one wing) could the job. Tbh, I don't want Fab to start but I can't help but feel both Villa and him will start together given they both came off (assuming for rest of course). If Fab plays, play him in the role that he succeeds the most and thats in that number 10 position. Question is that whether our backs and Busi can hold us.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 am

Sadly, I've accepted our defeat Sad

Horrible, horrible. This is going to be the worse week of my entire year Sad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:37 am

No expectations so no worries.
Saddest thing is that they will park the space buss so the game will be the epitome of boredom.
All I can do is wish upon a star that this time we actually get to learn from our mistakes
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:46 am

If you guys score a quick goal then it's all to play for again imo.

But obviously you really have to avoid conceding. That should be priority number one.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:44 am

Only way i see us going through is by scoring from long ranges, something we somewhat suck at. Must try to dribble close from their box to win some freekicks and hope Messi and/or Xavi score from them.

Otherwise, it's Chelsea/Inter all over again.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 am

I would go with this:

Puyol Pique Adriano
Busquets
Alves Xavi Iniesta Tello
Messi
Villa

The handy thing about this formation is it is very flexible. Can quickly become our standard 4-3-3 or a 3-3-4.

Depending on what is working, we can always switch straight back to standard

Alves Puyol Pique Adri
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Villa Messi Tellio
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am

According to EL Mundo Deportivo, 9 players are confirmed to start the match: Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro and Messi.

Also suggested that Roura is intending to play a 3-4-3.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:36 am

Yeah I like that, im with you on it Kizz for all those reasons.

Basically Chiles old 3313. Alves and Tello are deeper in yours but the way they will play they will end up higher up the pitch than Messi.

I think this should be our go to second formation permantly honestly.

Though for me, I am fully aware this wont happen. Alba and Pedro didnt start for a reason against Depor, both will be in.

Which to me is quite shocking the ease in which they mantain places in the 11 despite not performing well individually for a heck of a long time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:12 am

I saw an interview with Dani Alves on TV. Had no idea he could speak that well. Said that only when we play with pace and tempo then we become the team we are but otherwise we are just any other team. If we play that way then there is still a chance. No question of blaming Tito's departure or Roura's inexperience for anything. It's the players who must take responsibility, stand up and deliver.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 am

Deja Vu wrote:According to EL Mundo Deportivo, 9 players are confirmed to start the match: Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Alba, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro and Messi.

Also suggested that Roura is intending to play a 3-4-3.

How can Dani Alves not be confirmed ??? He has perhaps been our best player in the last few weeks. Contrary to my usual thoughts I wouldn't mind a 3 man defense this time. We are in a last chance saloon with nothing to lose. If you have to go out then go out fighting. Try something new rather than the same stuff which teams will come 99.99% prepared for. However the third defender has to be Alves and not Alba.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Alves will start. There is no way he doesn't.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

alves certainly has talked enough to the media about winning lol so it'd be weird if he doesn't start.
would prefer Adriano over Alba though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 pm

This tie is over and formations don't even matter. Look at Real Madrid. Over 150 minutes they only scored 1 goal against United when United had 11 men on the pitch. Madrid play very direct football with tall and strong players and a real centerforward. Still couldn't break United down. Or Bayern against Chelsea last season for that matter. They looked as clueless as Barca (if not more) against 11 bodies behind the ball. When your opponent just sets up to get 11 men behind the ball it doesn't matter if you play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3, counterattacking football, direct football, wingplay, tiki-taka or whatever. You'll inevitably struggle to get into the box and score goals and Barca need 3 of them (most likely 4, when did Barca EVER keep a clean sheet in a CL knockout tie? Not even in games which were total domination like the 2011 CL final).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:12 pm

well anything is possible and we shall wait and see how it goes.
If Messi and company have a good day then maybe we can outscore the tie lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm

futbol wrote:This tie is over and formations don't even matter. Look at Real Madrid. Over 150 minutes they only scored 1 goal against United when United had 11 men on the pitch. Madrid play very direct football with tall and strong players and a real centerforward. Still couldn't break United down. Or Bayern against Chelsea last season for that matter. They looked as clueless as Barca (if not more) against 11 bodies behind the ball. When your opponent just sets up to get 11 men behind the ball it doesn't matter if you play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3, counterattacking football, direct football, wingplay, tiki-taka or whatever. You'll inevitably struggle to get into the box and score goals and Barca need 3 of them (most likely 4, when did Barca EVER keep a clean sheet in a CL knockout tie? Not even in games which were total domination like the 2011 CL final).

Pretty bad parallel considering neither of those teams play like Barca or Milan.

I think there is a collective bad feeling on here, but I'd rather them try and lose again than throw in the towel. We need to do everything we can.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:26 pm

We need luck for sure. Usually teams against us need luck but this time around we need luck. Early red card, lack of organisation in the Milan backline and midfield... Our defense is organised, no mistakes when it comes to positioning, create and take our chances.
We jsut need luck and to play to the system
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:55 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
futbol wrote:This tie is over and formations don't even matter. Look at Real Madrid. Over 150 minutes they only scored 1 goal against United when United had 11 men on the pitch. Madrid play very direct football with tall and strong players and a real centerforward. Still couldn't break United down. Or Bayern against Chelsea last season for that matter. They looked as clueless as Barca (if not more) against 11 bodies behind the ball. When your opponent just sets up to get 11 men behind the ball it doesn't matter if you play 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3, counterattacking football, direct football, wingplay, tiki-taka or whatever. You'll inevitably struggle to get into the box and score goals and Barca need 3 of them (most likely 4, when did Barca EVER keep a clean sheet in a CL knockout tie? Not even in games which were total domination like the 2011 CL final).

Pretty bad parallel considering neither of those teams play like Barca or Milan.

I think there is a collective bad feeling on here, but I'd rather them try and lose again than throw in the towel. We need to do everything we can.

Agreed. We need to put our best 11 out and go down trying. It's the CL, after all. Anything can happen and we aren't out yet.

However I do think the tie is pretty much over. But a small part of me thinks maybe, just maybe we could pull it out.

Wish I could watch the game Sad
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:17 am

Hope we score early. Or atleast get to 1-0 by halftime. If not I will feel less confident starting the 2nd
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:20 am

you should expect world class players to keep a clean sheet as well as have chances in front of goal and bury them no matter the history record

from my point of you a goal will improve your chances drastically, it will give you confidence as well as disorientate them
nothing is over lol.. you will both aim to score, if you do it first then the tie automatically goes 50/50.
you can also rely to individual magic, who knows? messi might be on his best day then nothing will stop him,
here is hoping for an exciting game.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:00 am

Since pessimism and complaining about our problems seems the order of the day... Have a read of my latest article discussing our key problems right now. I think you'll enjoy it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1563264-4-biggest-reasons-for-barcelonas-slip-in-form

Width is the main to be be addressed tonight... I've got a horrid feeling Alexis or Cesc will play. Sad
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

Its quite possible..1 goal in first half is enough to qualify. Second goal is not important. Milan's players are not experienced they will do mistakes under pressure

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Since pessimism and complaining about our problems seems the order of the day... Have a read of my latest article discussing our key problems right now. I think you'll enjoy it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1563264-4-biggest-reasons-for-barcelonas-slip-in-form

Width is the main to be be addressed tonight... I've got a horrid feeling Alexis or Cesc will play. Sad

Nice read Kizz, good points in there for sure. I would point out the "quality of opponant" thing though because we beat Benfica and Atletico, two teams much much stronger than Celtic and having a better season (while maybe too having more quality) than Milan.

I would also say, the biggest reason which tops it all is we are having a crisis of style. We dont play on our style of football with consistency, and during the Milan-Madrid games hardly at all.

Watch those games and compare them to our other games, especially other seasons, its horrific in comparison. The speed of decisions, the amount of touches used, the weight of pass, the amount of dribbling...

We play games from the start of them, like we are winning 4-0.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum