Lex
Albiceleste
guest7
73 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

PSG vs Barcelona - Page 7 Empty Re: PSG vs Barcelona

Post by barca 2011 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 pm

OLpower wrote:I couldn't believe that Sirigu would do such a massive mistake at that point of the match.

There waw absolutely no danger, Sanchez was being chased down and isolated to the side, Sirigu had covered the whole angle of shoot he had.

1-1 was better than 2-2. Barcelona folded the two times they were really pressured in the second half. It show that they don't totally control their subject and are fragile. With Pique being so bad and Mascherano out, it can happen again.
Let's not forget that the first PSG goal was obscenely offsides. That's not really "folding" if the ref doesn't call it. It's no big deal in the grand scheme of this leg but I'm that's defo not folding.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Well Arq I will just say that Alexis did what many players before him and many after him would do, if he see the goalie is about to take him out...let him..he has no obligation to move out the way.

Someone else might of, someone better perhaps...but thats good on them, doesnt mean everyone else should do the same.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
eelir wrote:Arq i hate Sanchez's diving. just go to Baraca's forum about Alexis and you'll a lot of other Barca fans disgusted by his antics. However, this time he did what 80% of players would do. He provoked a real penalty. I personally see nothing wrong with this.

I do have a problem with it because it shows the lengths someone can go to acquire a penalty in the most cunning and deceitful manner. If it was spontaneous from a player who has never performed this before then I would be like "well done" but Sanchez who has pulled this off so many times and even against my own team (Milan), it does irk me.

I knew this opinion wouldn't be popular but try to understand the question of ethics I state.
I understand your question of ethics but how many times has the issue of ethics ever stopped a player from reaping the rewards of a goal which they didn't fully deserve or shouldn't have been rewarded?

Like Ibras goal for example! Smile

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:41 pm

The xcx wrote:The league title could have been still alive, if RM didint drew against Zaragoza Laughing

Not really, Barca have Zaragoza (A), Levante (H), Mallorca (H) next, whilst messi is away Laughing

At 11 pnts behind, Madrid would've needed Barca to lose all 3 to even have a slight chance!!!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
eelir wrote:Arq i hate Sanchez's diving. just go to Baraca's forum about Alexis and you'll a lot of other Barca fans disgusted by his antics. However, this time he did what 80% of players would do. He provoked a real penalty. I personally see nothing wrong with this.

I do have a problem with it because it shows the lengths someone can go to acquire a penalty in the most cunning and deceitful manner. If it was spontaneous from a player who has never performed this before then I would be like "well done" but Sanchez who has pulled this off so many times and even against my own team (Milan), it does irk me.

I knew this opinion wouldn't be popular but try to understand the question of ethics I state.
I understand your question of ethics but how many times has the issue of ethics ever stopped a player from reaping the rewards of a goal which they didn't fully deserve or shouldn't have been rewarded?

Question is, did he really deserve it? Football has come to a time where if contact is made, licence is given to go down without any remorse or criticism. So diluted have been the question of non-existent ethics in football as the line has been long since crossed. This isn't an argument of "Oh Barca did not deserve it etc etc" but my sheer disappointment that players resort to such tactics which is sheer disappointment
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 pm

The DVD from Mourinho arrived:

Ancelotti (coach PSG): "The penalty on Alexis wasn't one, it was a gift from the referee."

What a nerve that guy has.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
OLpower wrote:I couldn't believe that Sirigu would do such a massive mistake at that point of the match.

There waw absolutely no danger, Sanchez was being chased down and isolated to the side, Sirigu had covered the whole angle of shoot he had.

1-1 was better than 2-2. Barcelona folded the two times they were really pressured in the second half. It show that they don't totally control their subject and are fragile. With Pique being so bad and Mascherano out, it can happen again.
Let's not forget that the first PSG goal was obscenely offsides. That's not really "folding" if the ref doesn't call it. It's no big deal in the grand scheme of this leg but I'm that's defo not folding.

You forgot that the header hit the post. Barcelona would only have narrowly escaped.

Barcelona was also near to concede minutes earlier, when two Barcelona players were laying on the ground and covering any offside possibility.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Harmonica wrote:The DVD from Mourinho arrived:

Ancelotti (coach PSG): "The penalty on Alexis wasn't one, it was a gift from the referee."

What a nerve that guy has.

The PSG gk did catch Sanchez, but whether that was enough to make him go down that remains to be seen. Given Sanchez reputation and the slow moton replays, I highly doubt it was enough..

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:02 pm

rofl

I bet no mention of the offside goal.

Oh and it was a clear penalty. Alexis went down on purpose but there was 100% contact and 9 out of 10 players would go down in that situation. I personally would, too.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Question is, did he really deserve it? Football has come to a time where if contact is made, licence is given to go down without any remorse or criticism. So diluted have been the question of non-existent ethics in football as the line has been long since crossed. This isn't an argument of "Oh Barca did not deserve it etc etc" but my sheer disappointment that players resort to such tactics which is sheer disappointment
I see where you're coming from but then it is a question of both ethics and rules, to a degree. I'm not saying its right to go in looking for those fouls (even though maybe 80% of players do anyways) but at the same time it's not as if he tried to sell a brutal penalty with there being no contact.

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 pm

OLpower wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

You forgot that the header hit the post. Barcelona would only have narrowly escaped.

Barcelona was also near to concede minutes earlier, when two Barcelona players were laying on the ground and covering any offside possibility.
Well if Ibra hadn't been offside I think Alves would've gotten to the ball first or at least at the same time. PSG played well, and did very well not to allow Barca to dominate but the fact is that the two goals they scored came from a bad call and a howler. Still though they played well.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Mascherano is out for 6 weeks due to knee injury.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 pm

danyjr wrote:

rofl

I bet no mention of the offside goal.

Oh and it was a clear penalty. Alexis went down on purpose but there was 100% contact and 9 out of 10 players would go down in that situation. I personally would, too.

Heck, even Messi would go down there!

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:11 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

I see where you're coming from but then it is a question of both ethics and rules, to a degree. I'm not saying its right to go in looking for those fouls (even though maybe 80% of do anyways) but at the same time it's not as if he tried to sell a brutal penalty with there being no contact.

It was a silly move by Sirigu but it was vintage Sanchez who literally went inside Sirigu's flat on the ground arm despite having miles of space to chase the ball or at least avoid his arm. His technique is to dig his foot into a GK's arm and flap over like a fish over water. A more studious referee has caught him in the act over several times, yet such craft by Sanchez is bound to cause debate due to how well he exploits the rule that if contact is made, it allows you to go down. I'm not a romantic, but I would like to see some semblance of ethics retained in these loophole rules
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Arq, any player in that position would have done the same as Sanchez. The GK was at fault for stupidly falling for it. As has been mentioned, there was no need for him to come out and risk a potential penalty in that situation.

------------------

Also, Ibra's goal was miles offside. :facepalm: The standard of officiating in this season's CL has been a disgrace thus far.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:20 pm

The xcx wrote:Mascherano is out for 6 weeks due to knee injury.

LOL Barca have no choice but to play Batra now (who is a mistake waiting to happen).Watching Barca try to defend is like watching a charlie chaplin show.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Or Busquets/Song at CB. hmm

If it's Bartra, then now's probably the time for him to show he should start permanently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 pm

Abidal hmm
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Just seen the 2nd PSG goal................ rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Adriano. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 am

My attitude towards the ref is largely the same as always: you get some you lose some, arguing about it rarely changes anything, the best thing to do is just accept it as a given and focus on the next task.

I'm personally angrier about the injuries than the result.

Also, let me just come out and say this, I've criticized Ibra for not showing up in the CL (usually due to tactical reasons, though) and today he had a very underwhelming first 65 minutes. He was very good in the remaining 25 minutes though and was able to make a difference. I wouldn't call it an overall great performance but it wasn't bad either.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 am

Watching the first half of the game to which I missed earlier, I think the criticism of Ibra was greatly exaggerated. In a system designed against Barca to where he is near ineffective, since it doesn't carry his true role, he played an important part. What impressed me was his ability to turn the defensive part of the game into attack by some space-opening passes and some excellent touches. Where he failed was in the box to which he was uncharacteristically off and should have done better. Nonetheless by no means a flop performance. A goal and assist doesn't hurt either.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:47 am

With all that being said, Barcelona showed me enough (for this tie that is) that they would handle PSG in Spain. An offside goal and a deflected shot doesn't change much of the fact that Barcelona had a good control of the match.

And after dear old Nick endorsed Jallet in another thread, he goes and performs a howler of a match.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:48 am

Thought Beckham and Verratti were fabulous Proud My men of the match would be Alves and T. Silva.

Anyway not a great result for PSG but it gives them hope at least. At 1-2 I think it would have been game over but now they have a life line.

Losing Matuidi is going to hurt them though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 am

Well Sh**, When Valdes announced he was leaving at the end of the year (finally), I spent all my money throwing a lavish party and ran around for three days straight on party favors yelling and celebrating like a mad man in total bliss. Plus the thought of the dumb English media and most Premfaces driving De Gea into our arms at a cut rate price was still alive.

I thought finally Valdes is gone I can celebrate now because we have the league locked up to a point that even he can't ruin it and I have nothing to worry about.

Fast forward to April second.

In a crazy turn of events the hard headed Premfaces and English Media now appreciate De Gea and even finally will admit he's better then Chesney and Barca probably can't afford him nor will Manchester United be stupid enough to sell him.

Valdes pulls a Classic Valdes Special which I think he is the only professional keeper bad enough to let that ball in with 5 seconds remaining and all it does is remind me of how we lost to Madrid in a 2 legged tie at the start of the year on basically the same exact play and now it's our destiny to lose to PSG in the exact same way. It's Karma and there's really nothing we can do about it.

So now I'm bummed out.

Throw in the fact that we are talking about how a striker(Sanchez) who knows he has no chance of scoring in open play because he sucks should have found away to avoid a keeper who ran out hell bent on tackling him and didn't get within 10 feet of the ball with 4 minutes left in a road Champions League game with the best player in the world out and maybe not coming back in the next game with the score tied.

I mean are you kidding me? Every striker in the world goes down in that situation

A) because Sirugu tackled him and left him no choice.

B) Now the insanity on this site has gotten to the point that Barca now has to try and play NFL running back and juke the oncoming keeper to avoid a deserved penalty that we really needed BTW and not score a precious away goal or we will be critisized and called cheaters.

C) We should be talking about the absolute awful call on Ibra's goal. There is a 6 foot 5 pony tailed Swede 4 feet in front of all the 5 foot nothing Spanish guys which in case the ref missed them, they dressed up in Bright Orange and Yellow Creamsicle uniforms (our worst ever) that look kind of like the ones you wear when you go hunting and don't want to get shot. And in the still photograph you see the officials 2 feet away just watch him kick the ball in the net and do nothing about it. I was amazed. It's one of the blatently worst calls I have ever seen.

But instead were talking about how Sanchez should have dodged the keeper.

So now I'm still bummed because I thought for once I could go on Goal Legacy and finally everyone would be in agreement that Barca didn't in fact cheat, but even that can't happen.

And now I try to cheer myself up by thinking how we have been in our worst run of form in a long long time and the Madrid fans and press don't even care that Mou hasn't taken advantage of it and has quit in La Liga on them and they still praise him and think he's this great Madrid Manager who is going to bring them home the most important trophy in European football, The Copa Del Rey.

And that doesn't even cheer me up because I have realized I hate Valdes more then Mou.

What an awful day this turned out to be.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:31 am

Unjustified hate on Valdes, yet again.

When he's gone...Barca fans will miss him.

The hate he gets from fans of other teams is enough, it's shameful to see it from a Barca fan, any Barca fan.

He's a club legend as far as I'm concerned.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next