Moqqis
sportsczy
Onyx
45 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mourinho hints at coaching award fix Empty Mourinho hints at coaching award fix

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Jose Mourinho has attacked the voting process behind crowning the winner of the 2012 Fifa Coach of the Year prize.

The Real Madrid boss was named as one of the final three candidates for the managerial accolade in November, but intimated that he would not be attending the award ceremony, citing his side's Copa del Rey commitments.

However, in a television interview due to be aired on Tuesday, Mourinho suggested that the real reason for his absence was due to the irregular nature of how the votes were counted in determining the recipient of the honour.

"Do I regret not attending the [Coach of the Year] gala? No, it was the right decision," he told Record.

"They called me more than once. Two or three people said they voted for me but they appeared in another vote so I decided not to go."

Spain's Vicente del Bosque was ultimately announced as the Coach of the Year following La Roja's Euro 2012 success.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mourinho hints at coaching award fix Empty Re: Mourinho hints at coaching award fix

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Well, if that's the case, then he is right not to go. Personally, i think FIFA, UEFA, FA, Spanish Federation, etc. are all a joke.

The only 2 good ones out there right now are Ligue 1 and Bundi in terms of league offices. They actually make logical decisions most of the time.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Mourinho hints at coaching award fix Empty Re: Mourinho hints at coaching award fix

Post by Moqqis Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm not very sure about this. It's possible but you can never know. You should read the comments at goal.com, they are hilarious rofl

Moqqis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Or maybe those people lied? lol who cares it's not like del Bosque won it without deserving it whereas Mourinho only won La Liga
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Butthurt much?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm

unicef and platini clearly out to get the dear leader again Mad
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Its well fixed, Wenger should have won it five times consecutively
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 pm

You have to admit though journalists telling Jose they voted for him only for it to be revealed that they voted for someone else is pretty ridiculous.

Could the player vote have been affected as well hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Or he is just making it up and noone told him nothing? I think its just as likely.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Or the journalists lied to him, just to troll him?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Zealous wrote:You have to admit though journalists telling Jose they voted for him only for it to be revealed that they voted for someone else is pretty ridiculous.

Could the player vote have been affected as well hmm

:fishing:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Fifa has defended the integrity of its World Coach of the Year award in the wake of Jose Mourinho's extraordinary claim that the process was fixed.

The Real Madrid coach said in a TV interview on Tuesday that he was right not to attend the 2012 Ballon d'Or Gala, highlighting an apparent adjustment of voters' submissions which he suggested had compromised his hopes of winning the award given to the year's outstanding boss.

Mourinho told Record: "Do I regret not attending the gala? No, it was the right decision.

"They called me more than once. Two or three people said they voted for me but they appeared in another vote so I decided not to go."

But Fifa has responded by claiming Mourinho is wide of the mark in his assessment votes were altered.

A spokesperson for the world game's governing body told Goal.com: "We can confirm that the list of votes published on Fifa.com is accurate."

The Fifa website provides an exhaustive list of votes from the captains, coaches and media representatives of all of its member nations, and Mourinho, who was nominated, failed to get enough votes as Spain's coach Vicente del Bosque, who led La Roja to a third successive international triumph at Euro 2012, emerged victorious.

Mourinho also claimed his Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo should have won the Ballon d'Or, rather than defending champion Lionel Messi.

"Cristiano should have won the award to the best player in the world," he told RTP1. "He was champion in La Liga, he was decisive in the league with all the records."

Ronaldo scored 46 of the Blancos' 121 goals as they marched to the Primera Division title in 2011-12 ahead of Messi's Barcelona.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Frankly wouldn't be surprised if it were true, but I find it so much more probable that Mou is just making false accusations again and shifting the media attention from him to others. Tried and tested tactic.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Or, Mou made a campaign to some people before voting and that went wrong. then he called them asking of this. They felt it safe to say FIFA cheated than agreeing they did not vote for him.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:Well, if that's the case, then he is right not to go. Personally, i think FIFA, UEFA, FA, Spanish Federation, etc. are all a joke.

The only 2 good ones out there right now are Ligue 1 and Bundi in terms of league offices. They actually make logical decisions most of the time.

you can find it not difficult, why those are still ok. Mou did not go there yet.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Public votes like this are never fixed. Too many people involved, they're not all lying at the same time for no reason, imagine how expensive it would be to bribe a bunch of millionaires.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:56 pm

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/03/20/primera/1363810856_936945.html

Pandev has come out and said that he voted for Mourinho... but his vote was attributed to VDB. Wtf is FIFA doing lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Pandev, his ex lapdog?

No objectivity there anyway Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pandev, his ex lapdog?

No objectivity there anyway Laughing
Not the point. He had a vote and he gave it to Mou. FIFA can't change someone's vote lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 pm

I was mostly kidding, I dont know what happened. Just pointing it out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 pm

Yeah... i mean VDB should win anyhow. But FIFA changing votes? What a farce.

On a side note, i think they should have separate NT manager of the year and club manager of the year. The functions are so completely different that it makes no sense to bunch them in together.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Well that's an embarrassment for FIFA. They've been caught with their pants down. Pandev says he voted for Mou, and we can all agree that he's Mou's lapdog (thank you Dani) and would at least include him in his top 3. FIFA's list is showing VDB , Mancini, and Klopp as the top 3 for Pandev's votes Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 pm

If ten more people can come out and say something similar then FIFA would have a bit of explaining. If not, then that would get brush aside normal.

A computer glitch or something, I don't know.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:57 pm

This is not the first time Mourinho has made up something to make himself look like a helpless hero.

Also, is it possible to check who has voted for who? I don't think so.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

I wonder how many actually voted for Kloppo and got it changed hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next