Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

March Madness - Page 8 Empty Re: March Madness

Post by dmize Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:23 am

Freeza wrote:Bigger payroll than the nets last year and can't get in the final

Laughing

William Wesley is gonna have to make it two duffle bags of cash in order for UK to get more talent next year.

Only semi joking, look up William Wesley. Caliparis right hand man who works for an sports agency but he's only a "consultant", so it's all within the rules. Rolling Eyes

edit: http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:08 am

UK fans are burning their own teams jerseys on campus. What a truly despicable fan base.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:10 am

I'M SO *bleep* HYPED LETS GOOOOO

WE'RE GOING TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

MADISON MONDAY NIGHT IS GONNA BE WILD
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:11 am

THE GOOD GUYS WIN

WISCONSSSIIINNNNNNN

WISCONNSSIINNNNNNNNNNN
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:19 am

Congrats man, now beat Puke and Wisconsin will become my 2nd favorite team
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks brah it feels amazing

To beat the undefeated team to get there...we can lose the championship I don't care this has been the best journey

*bleep* Kentucky

America's team right now Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:30 am

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-04-05/andrew-harrison-live-mic-explicit-kentucky-post-game-interview-wisconsin-badgers-2015-final-four-frank-kaminsky-question-video?eadid=SOC/Twi/SNMain

Andrew Harrison with a live mic, under his breath: "f that *****"

Wow
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:22 pm

I knew it! It just wasn't wasn't gonna happen for Kentucky. This is the only part of my bracket I've gotten right :bow:

Congrats Badgers. I think they're more than a match for Duke.

Bring that title back to the Midwest ffs Proud
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Congrats CB, hope you guys win it! cheers cheers
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:24 pm

McLewis wrote:I knew it! It just wasn't wasn't gonna happen for Kentucky. This is the only part of my bracket I've gotten right :bow:

Congrats Badgers. I think they're more than a match for Duke.

Bring that title back to the Midwest ffs Proud

They are but unlike Calipari, Coach K won't straight up ignore the fact that Okafor has a massive advantage inside so i'm still leaning towards Duke.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:20 pm

Duke has also beaten us already this season. That being said they shot something like 65% that game and we still kept it close until the fouling game at the end that led to an inflated 10 point difference in the scoreline. However a win is a win so I can't say that Wisconsin has an advantage going in at all. Form is not in the discussion either because both teams are at their top form right now and have been throughout the tournament. It will be a good game and I hope for a Wisconsin win is about all I can say.

Also looking back on this thread, alcohol is a wonderful thing hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:28 pm

It won't be like that game, i watched that game and you have improved a lot since then. Obviously Dekker and Kaminsky for starters, the key will be how you stop Okafor inside as Duke will go to him a lot unlike Kentucky who for what ever reason ignored Towns.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It won't be like that game, i watched that game and you have improved a lot since then. Obviously Dekker and Kaminsky for starters, the key will be how you stop Okafor inside as Duke will go to him a lot unlike Kentucky who for what ever reason ignored Towns.

Towns gotta save himself for Kobe's last championship run next year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 am

Dekker Proud

Hope he stays next year. He has only started playing like a stud this tournament. Before now it has only been hints and glimpses of this Dekker. It's his team next year, let him make this kind of form a normal thing, let him lead the team and develop his game to become a top draft pick.

We''re finally seeing his potential consistently, I hope he stays next year to develop a bit further.

I'm also just selfish. We can have a decent team next year. We're not going to the final four or anything tho lmao.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:45 am

Refs against wisconsin again

Lets *bleep* go though
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:30 am

Welp, Okafor looked compeltely irrelevant throughout the game and still managed to get a title. Hope the Knicks dont draft him, he looked extremely passive.

Sorry CB, you guys deserved that but unfortunately it just didnt happen. Keep your head up though, that was a fantastic run.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 am

fn d00k

Refs yet again were awful. I mean they review the out of bounds call and still get it wrong?

edit: from Reddit http://gfycat.com/ChillyAmusingArrowworm

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/585279397843828736

cost 5 points and that was game
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:42 am

I'm upset but it happens. The team had a great run...congrats to duke...whatever. We didn't play our game and it cost us. I can accept that.

The important thing is I'm not the idiot that probably broke his hand tonight. God, i both love and hate this place.

At the end of the day it's a game. No need to do damage.

We had a helluva run, we have a respectable program...best of luck to our seniors and maybe another year.

On Wisconsin! Love this team and everyone in it. Love this state, love the Midwest. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:54 pm

I was hoping for a Kentucky vs Duke final tbh.. I like to see history be made so I would of liked Kentucky to go all the way but meh

Wisconsin is a tough team though
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 am

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/grayson-allen-duke-march-madness-hate-christian-laettner

Glad I'm not the only one that came away feeling the same way Laughing The next annoying dook guard a la Greg Paulus, Jon Scheyer.

and the Onion was on point too, and ruthless as usual  Very Happy
Mike Krzyzewski Admits He’d Like To Smack Grayson Allen’s Precious F*****g Baby Face
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 am

After calming down and with hindsight, I would love to blame the refs and it certainly played a role in the end of the game but...Badgers just blew it. Full choke, just like Kentucky. Can't blame anyone but ourselves tbh. The occasion got to us. Duke won without playing particularly well.

Still can't believe that the refs actually looked at the replay, just like the one against Gasser in the Kentucky play, and STILL decided to go with Duke ball after it's quite clear Winslow gets his fingers on the ball Laughing

Ah well. See you guys again next year. At least we know Nigel Hayes is returning, which was kind of expected anyway.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:02 am

That time of the year again..

Shocked one of the best games I've ever seen
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:29 am

Missed it but my friend was keeping me updated. Kept getting messages saying "overtime", "omg double overtime" and expecting it to be done...then that happened.

I forgot that there are a fair amount of U Conn fans here. Crazy. Wish I had seen it.

Also missed the ending of Michigan-IU. Michigan pulls it off with a buzzer beater three

Very good timing dmize, I was just about to come here to bump this thread.

Every year I get more and more hyped about this tournament. Such a great tournament. Perhaps I was more excited last year because of Wisconsin (scrolling down this page is such an awful reminder) but I'm looking forward to supporting the guys for another year. I don't expect us to do anything great because quite frankly we're a young team and we're really not that great this year, but we've had some huge wins and Wisconsin has proven throughout the year that we have a lot of upset potential. Wins over Indiana, Maryland (at Maryland), Michigan State, and Iowa (at Iowa) mean that we'll be a threat against the higher seeds.

Looking at our record you would be deceived at the ability of the team, since our nonconference play and earlier play before Bo retired was so bad, I think we were 10-9 at one point, and now we're 20-12 (should be 21-11, how we lost to Nebraska last night is beyond me).

So inconsistent though at times, as evidenced by last night. If we can't get Nigel and Bronson going, we're absolutely going to struggle badly. Happ as well. However, if we can get all three on form, I actually think Wisconsin is a tough game for anybody in the entire tournament. A lot of upset potential.

In other big 10 news: Michigan State is going to be as scary (well, according to their regular season, more scary) as they always are. Denzel Valentine has been going off and they look great in general. Purdue has had a couple weird losses but that aside I think they have a very, very good team. Wisconsin got pounded both times we faced them as we match up very badly against them, and tbh, a lot of teams will. Hammons looks great and Swanigan and Haas complete the trio of three big men that can give anyone a really tough time. Hoping they do well so I can support them (parents went there) when Wisco go out.

Maryland I'm not so sure about. Melo Tremble has been poor for a while now and he's vital to their offense. I don't know. I haven't watched too much of them, but they needed a 3 point buzzer beater from very deep to beat Wisconsin the first time, and we beat them very clearly the second time. They somehow lost to Minnesota as well within the last couple weeks and tbh the tournament is coming around at not that great of a time for them. I think they'll do well but I can't see them making a deep run, personally. Unless Melo goes off of course.

Iowa are a joke, wouldn't be surprised to see them go out first round.

IU I haven't watched enough of to know, but I still haven't forgiven them for losing so early to Syracuse 3 or 4 years ago when I watched the NCAA tournament for the first time. Yogi is a great player and they're a fairly balanced team.

With all of that being said, I still consider myself fairly average in basketball knowledge, so all must be taken with a grain of salt. Except my Wisconsin opinion, I've watched every game Molenation
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 am

dmize wrote:fn d00k

Refs yet again were awful. I mean they review the out of bounds call and still get it wrong?

edit: from Reddit http://gfycat.com/ChillyAmusingArrowworm

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/585279397843828736

cost 5 points and that was game

Looking back I still cannot believe this. The second one is very close, alright fair enough (they can't review/didn't review that right? Potentially stepping out of bounds?).

The first one, with the finger touching the ball. I will never understand that call. How can you not reverse that? How in the world? It's absolutely incredible.

We didn't deserve that game with the way we threw it away. If you throw away a nine point lead you deserve to lose the game...but my oh my were we on the receiving end of some poor calls. Thinking back to the Kentucky game too where Lyles slaps Gasser in the eye very blatantly and on purpose and they didn't call anything.

I don't like to talk about refs but if anyone had a case, it was Wisconsin last year Laughing I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:04 am

Duke seems to always get the ref's benefit on close calls like that, especially in the tournament.

Michigan State and Maryland in a good game right now. Maryland got outplayed early but bouncing back in the 2nd half.

And yeah, I like Purdue too. Hammons had a monster game today.

ESPN wanted LSU/Ben Simmons in the tournament so bad Laughing Their beatdown today ended that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next