LeVersacci
Die Borussen
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Onyx
56 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Real Madrid 2013 Pre-Season discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Real Madrid 2013 Pre-Season discussion

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 am

Sitting back too much. There's not much pressing under Ancelotti.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid 2013 Pre-Season discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Real Madrid 2013 Pre-Season discussion

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:04 am

Jelavic

Watched him all the time for Rangers :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:11 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Sitting back too much. There's not much pressing under Ancelotti.

After all the subs and being 2-0 up. I'd expect it tbh, not justifying it, but it was expected
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 am

the young players have looked good since coming into the first team

cherychev, carvajal, casimero.

now jese with a great chance on goal
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:26 am

I feel like Jese has been meh this game.
Probably nervous.

Killed a couple of counters, lost possession, poor touch, and lack of understanding.

Denis has been great all preseason
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:42 am

denis Proud overall a chaotic second half ugh with clearances akin of zargozas.

playing two defensive minded players in the pivot in the second half no wonder we couldn't muster good quality passes.

I thought jese played very well actually he could have scored one as well but howard read his shot well

ozil played poor today imo. he works best when he is the AM not a winger drifting around meaningless
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:00 am

So weird. I thought Ozil played rather well, he started on the right, but he would often find himself in the center. I think he had a solid game.

Denis has been great this preseason, but today was a rather light performance from him. I mean our second half overall was a little poor, but nothing to be worried about.

And by no stretch of the imagination did Jese play well. I mean and I'm not holding it against him. He ran.. and that was about it. I've already mentioned what I noticed. But you could easily tell he was nervous. He's got the talent and we've all seen what he can do. Tonight wasn't his best, but nothing that critical.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:20 am

halamadrid2 wrote:denis :proud:overall a chaotic second half ugh with clearances akin of zargozas.

playing two defensive minded players in the pivot in the second half no wonder we couldn't muster good quality passes.

I thought jese played very well actually he could have scored one as well but howard read his shot well

ozil played poor today imo. he works best when he is the AM not a winger drifting around meaningless

ozil player poor?

next you probably say that arbeloa was a brilliant

ozil was good, i thought he stood out more that isco or modric in this game. passed the ball really well. at times he was dictating the game.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:07 pm

he was very anonymous i thought. I never saw him run down the right flank. every time he got the ball he would drift in and we would have only Arbeloa on the right.

modric was named MOTM Proud

As for Jese when he played where Ronaldo played he played great with some very nice flicks and great 1-2s with dimaria and Coentrao but when he moved to where Ozil was playing dropped alittle (I don't like him on the right anyways because he is best on the left)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Ozil was very good IMO.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:10 pm

hmm my views are very different from you guys then...... fair enough
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:13 pm

I think we all can agree our most consistent player this pre-season has been lawd Modric Proud
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I never saw him run down the right flank.

I don't think Ozil was supposed to run down the right flank in the first place. He did attack the box from the right side plenty of time and set up chances for Ronaldo and Di Maria from there.

Wasn't Ozil the official MOTM? Either him, Khedira or Modric deserves to be one though. The one who's rather anonymous in this game was Isco.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:19 pm

nah it was Modric who got that. this formation was the same as the one we used versus la galaxy but while dimaria combined with Carvajal, ozil left arbeloa (aka someone who has no sense of attacking) on his own. I don't quite think that was the plan Smile
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Even if Ozil and Di Maria both play RW when Isco is CAM, they won't have the same role. They have different qualities.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Isco wasn't really playing CAM, he played LAM while Ozil RAM though at times both drifting to the center.
Di Maria has both played LAM and RAM.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Even if Ozil and Di Maria both play RW when Isco is CAM, they won't have the same role. They have different qualities.

we played this:

Iker
back four
modric-khedira
ozil-isco
benz-ronaldo

it ended up like this:

Arbeloa-Pepe-Ramos-Marcelo
----------modric-khedira
----------------ozil-------------isco
-----------benzema------------ronaldo

with isco drifting into the center and combning with modric or combining with marcelo on the wings. ozil was mostly in the center which is his favourite spot so no wonder he did but you don't leave that rb there on his own and crowd the middle. in the end I didn't like his performance

benz played reallly well btw even if he didn't score. I am liking his improvements so far hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old self

carlo blaming the second half on fatigue Laughing try playing playing somebody who is confident with the ball in the pivot yo and youll seee a world of difference Wink

next game is against Chelsea/Milan two of carlos former teams Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Facing Mourinho would be interesting.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Facing Mourinho would be interesting.

Especially after his last comments
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Mesut Ozil was voted man of the match in Real Madrid’s match against Everton at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. The Whites’ midfielder was decisive in another win for Ancelotti’s team that made it through to the final of the International Champions Cup. He made the assist for Cristiano Ronaldo in the 17th minute for the first goal and scored the second in the 31st minute. Ozil, who has started four of the five matches so far this preseason, left the field for Cheryshev in the 86th minute.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Ancelotti was then asked if Mesut Ozil and Isco are battling it out for a starting place but rubbished the claims.

“Not a duel. Özil plays Isco the right and the left.

“They have a great ability to play between the lines and find the best options to pass to the forwards.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Ozil was great, no idea what you guys were watching or expecting from him.

Isco and Benz were mostly annyomus. While modric, CR7, Ramos and Marcelo (to an extent) were good.

Again i felt casimero was more effective then kehdira when he came.

Jese was disappointing tbh, he stayed central all the time. He is suppose to be a wing striker, in the hole type of player like CR7. He needs to make runs like CR7 in the wings and in the center area, like neymar/cr7.

His only play that was good was when he had the ball at left and dribbled. He should be played as LM in our formation and share time with isco. He will be more effective if he receaves the ball in left and go at defenders.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Kheidra had a well rounded game. Made some meh decisions in the middle, but still had a solid performance.

Casemiro will give him a run for his money, no doubt.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Sami's still learning to play in front of the back 4.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Carlo on Isco/Ozil:It’s not a duel. Özil plays on the right and Isco on the left. Both have played extremely well. They have a great ability to play between the lines and look for the best passing options to the forwards. That’s their objective.

that settles that then I suppose. if Bale comes he is like to take Benzemas spot.

The way I see it:

Goalies: Iker, Lopez and Jesus
RB: Carvajal and Arbeloa
RCB: Varane and Pepe
LCB: Ramos and Nacho
LB: Marcelo and new lb/Denis
CM/B2B: Khedira/Casemiro and Modric
DLP/DM: Casemiro, Illaramendi and Alonso
RAM: Ozil and DiMaria
LAM: Isco and DiMaria
RS: Bale, Benz and Morata
LS: Ronaldo and Jese (and possibly Morata)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:14 pm

Ozil, Isco, Ronaldo and Benzema are going to have free roles in attack.

Anyway, the second goal was awesome.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next