the xcx
futbol
gondov
AltoZ
Zuess99
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

10 midfielders better than lampard  - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 midfielders better than lampard

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 pm

I think for the majority of his career Lampard's always played as an advanced CM in a 4-3-3. Can't really think of many teams who play a 4-3-3 and have players in a similar role to Lampard. Probably only Iniesta.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

10 midfielders better than lampard  - Page 2 Empty Re: 10 midfielders better than lampard

Post by Highburied Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:21 am

Lampard is one of the most complete midfielder with excellent attributes in all areas.

Not many similar players, eg. Gerrard, Ballack, Kroos, De Rossi, Marchisio, Schweinsteiger, etc.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:37 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I think he's equally played between CM and AM during his career. However he's more of a CM than an AM.

Laughing Every time you try to identify what players plays where, it makes me crack up.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 am

The Franchise wrote:First of all, rightback section.

Second, why is Ronaldinho and Kaka being compared to Lampard...strange.

This . even if they all are midfielder they don't have the same role at all . Lampard a CM while the other are CAM / MOC
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:23 am

MOC?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:31 am

Kick wrote:MOC?

my bad , forgett about it . MOC is CAM
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm

The Sanchez wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I think he's equally played between CM and AM during his career. However he's more of a CM than an AM.

Laughing Every time you try to identify what players plays where, it makes me crack up.

Everytime he does it I just think virgin alert Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:36 pm

The Sanchez wrote:

Why. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 am

Can't name 10 better than Lampard? Cutting my list that short is the hard part because I have to leave out so many names who should be flooding this thread who have to suffer the insult of being considered inferior to the English Nocerino. He and Nocerino are midfield poachers who lived off two amazing centre forward feeding them knock downs whose complete lack of technique was exposed whenever they played teams at the highest level. The only difference between Lampard and scrubs like Nocerino, Khedira and Fellaini is that Lampard was able to pad his stats as the main penalty taker in his team. Wouldn't score 5 goals a season in Spain, Italy or even Brazil. If he were stuck in a team like Sunderland he wouldn't look any better than Lee Clattermole.

10 midfielders better than lampard  - Page 2 Tumblr_ldfy0axP9v1qcyysd
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Lampard being a big game player.

Also, I could post some of him scoring, but whats the point, there are 200 goals to choose from, pick your favourite.

Also, He has managed 14 goals this season without a striker knocking them down for him.

I really hope your kidding Dos, because if not. You need a reality Check, mate.
10 midfielders better than lampard  - Page 2 Frank+Lampard+Classic+Sunglasses+Aviator+Sunglasses+HrfyvEUF2z4lDeal with it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 am

Damn it Kick, that bait wasn't meant for you. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 am

Embarassed

I couldn't help myself. Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:47 am

In order to more seriously answer the OP, I dislike ranking players in an exact manner as each player is to an extent shaped by the demands of his team and those around him, however if we were to separate these candidates into tiers, Lampard would only deserve exclusion from the very elites of his generation. His consistency and the well rounded nature of his game speaks well for his chances.

Even though there are certain names I would include in the discussion that have been missed, such as Vieira, players such as Kaka and Ronaldinho are simply too different to rightfully compare. Perhaps a player such as Deco if you're seeking a more attacking midfielder to make comparison with, though I would consider them separately personally. Also I feel that it's too early to consider Bastien in this discussion.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2