gondov
AltoZ
Zuess99
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

10 midfielders better than lampard  Empty 10 midfielders better than lampard

Post by Zuess99 Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 am

I was having a debate on how I descent I think lampard is and how his goal scoring is the only thing outstanding about his play. So I began naming some but the problem came in when we had to determine who is in lampards generation to compare him with? Should it be the exact same age or what?
This was my list

Xavi
Scholes
Ballack
Iniesta
Bastian
Pirlo
Ronaldinho
Gerrard
Seedorf
Kaka

Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

10 midfielders better than lampard  Empty Re: 10 midfielders better than lampard

Post by AltoZ Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:16 am

Lampard a decade of great performances > Kaka or Ronadinho 3-4 years of great performances.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

10 midfielders better than lampard  Empty Re: 10 midfielders better than lampard

Post by gondov Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 am

AltoZ wrote:Lampard a decade of great performances > Kaka or Ronadinho 3-4 years of great performances.

But those guys won more trophies in the 3-4 years than Lampard has and will ever do in his career. WC, CL, etc.

Its easier to have average performances for a prolonged period of time than be the best for even 2 -3 years imo.

However some fans may value loyalty / consistency more than just brief spells of pure magic on the pitch.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:25 am

Add Fabregas to the list. Only 25 but he started lighting up the EPL since 18, so, yeah.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuess99 Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 am

Can't really add fabs to the list, good yes, but lampard has won a cl, got to the final once, named pl player of the decade and has scored a lot of goals and tons of assists.
Zuess99
Zuess99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:43 am

What about Xabi Alonso?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am

Xabi Alonso
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 am

Wait minute doesn't the fact that Lampard can be compared to players who played deep in midfield like Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes and also players who played advanced like Dinho, Gerrard, and Kaka shows Lampard versatility and all around ability?

Laughing

Last edited by Blue on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 am

They've all got strong points though. Players like Pirlo/Xavi are clearly better passers than Lampard, Iniesta a much better dribbler but Lampard is easily the best goal scoring midfielder of all time, a better finisher than most strikers on either foot, volley and even headers when needed.

Comparing totally different players doesn't make sense, if barca relied on Xavi for 20 goals a season then he would be considered a flop but that's not his role.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:59 am

dat De Rossi ostracism No
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:06 pm

lszanto wrote:They've all got strong points though. Players like Pirlo/Xavi are clearly better passers than Lampard, Iniesta a much better dribbler but Lampard is easily the best goal scoring midfielder of all time, a better finisher than most strikers on either foot, volley and even headers when needed.

"Easily" the best goal scorer? I didn't spend any time on looking for someone is better, or think too long on it, but: Ballack scored way more at Bayern and Germany, and only scored less goals/game at Chelsea, where he was covering at the back so Lamps could attack more.

I'm pretty sure people more into club football than me can find someone even more challenging to that sentence.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:13 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
lszanto wrote:They've all got strong points though. Players like Pirlo/Xavi are clearly better passers than Lampard, Iniesta a much better dribbler but Lampard is easily the best goal scoring midfielder of all time, a better finisher than most strikers on either foot, volley and even headers when needed.

"Easily" the best goal scorer? I didn't spend any time on looking for someone is better, or think too long on it, but: Ballack scored way more at Bayern and Germany, and only scored less goals/game at Chelsea, where he was covering at the back so Lamps could attack more.

I'm pretty sure people more into club football than me can find someone even more challenging to that sentence.

Yes.

Have you ever watched him play? Amazing finisher, finishes half chances that most strikers wouldn't.

He sits at around 1/3 and Ballack at about 1/4.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Ballack sits at just below 1/2 with Germany and Bayern though, his goal tally only went downhill at Chelsea. That's my point.

Not even wanting to hype Ballack, I just took issue with that little word "easily", you used.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 pm

gondov wrote:
AltoZ wrote:Lampard a decade of great performances > Kaka or Ronadinho 3-4 years of great performances.

But those guys won more trophies in the 3-4 years than Lampard has and will ever do in his career. WC, CL, etc.

Its easier to have average performances for a prolonged period of time than be the best for even 2 -3 years imo.

However some fans may value loyalty / consistency more than just brief spells of pure magic on the pitch.

you cant judge a player by the trophies
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Goalscoring isn't a midfielders job anyway, not that it's a bad thing. At AM there's plenty of better players like Gerrard when he played there, Ronaldinho, Kaka etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Targus wrote:
gondov wrote:

Ronaldinho and Kaka were once considered the best players on the face of the earth, lets not forget.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm

McLewis wrote:dat De Rossi ostracism No

criminal...DR is simply awesome
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 pm

First of all, rightback section.

Second, why is Ronaldinho and Kaka being compared to Lampard...strange.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 pm

gondov wrote:
Targus wrote:
gondov wrote:

Ronaldinho and Kaka were once considered the best players on the face of the earth, lets not forget.

yeah but not from the trophies they won, but for the class
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Only Jack Wilshere is better than Lampard.

Why didnt you add Barack Obama to your list so your shit argument is better?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:05 pm

What the hell?

Did a four year old put this together? Clearly he should only be compared players who play thesame position!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:50 pm

I think he's equally played between CM and AM during his career. However he's more of a CM than an AM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Lampard played one season as AM and it was more of an advanced CM, no way is he an AM, also, I am curious, how often has Dinho or Kaka played DM? Never? Strange, because Lampard played there last night next to Mikel. Laughing

I would also like to remind everyone of Lampards form in 05, second best player in the world.. Ahead of Stevie G.

Lampard has always been a conventional CM with amazing goalscoring abilities, can you name 10 of them better than him? I think not.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I think he's equally played between CM and AM during his career. However he's more of a CM than an AM.

Not true, as kick said he played one season and it wasn't even a full season.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 pm

I think for the majority of his career Lampard's always played as an advanced CM in a 4-3-3. Can't really think of many teams who play a 4-3-3 and have players in a similar role to Lampard. Probably only Iniesta.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum