hrealmadrid
alex mahone
Doc
Mr Nick09
Pedram
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa

Post by theaguia Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 am

i understand why people doubt coentraos signing. arbeloa is a right footed player and he plays on the left why can't coentrao play on the right or marcelo for that fact

theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa - Page 2 Empty Re: Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:12 am

arbeloa is a right footed player that slots in when needed on the left. there is a difference.

its obvious that arbeloa is significantly better at his natural postion.

that is the crux of the whole debate. will coentrao be able to adjust well enough out side of his natural position to outplay someone who plays there natrually who also has much more experience.

time will tell. i have my doubts but i am also 100% confident that coentrao is a fantastic player, one of the best LBs in the world at such a young age as well.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 am

deezydeez wrote:arbeloa is a right footed player that slots in when needed on the left. there is a difference.

its obvious that arbeloa is significantly better at his natural postion.

that is the crux of the whole debate. will coentrao be able to adjust well enough out side of his natural position to outplay someone who plays there natrually who also has much more experience.

time will tell. i have my doubts but i am also 100% confident that coentrao is a fantastic player, one of the best LBs in the world at such a young age as well.

It's an interesting gamble, but if it works then Mourinho will be further credited as a genius.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Will Coentrao, a natural left footer, be a better right back than Arbeloa, a natural right footer? That's the key question.

Honestly though, I would have preferred Ramos to move to CB, Carvalho come in when needed and have Arbeloa be a permanent right back, which means that Coentrao needn't have been purchased at all.

But, since we've already brought Coentrao, we must welcome him graciously Smile. On the plus side, at least we will have a solid LB when our starting LB is incapable of playing.

Off topic- if Coentrao plays right back, maybe Ronaldo and Di Maria will swap positions, meaning that Ronaldo will be the right attacker and Di Maria the left. That way, we will have two players that can cross adequately, meaning that Coentrao inherent "disability" won't be that significant. I kind like the idea of having Di Maria and Ronaldo swap positions, because I think they play much better in their more natural positions. The cutting in by Ronaldo and Di Maria has not been as fruitful as we would like.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:21 pm

At RB:

Ramos>Arbeloa>Coentrao

At LB:

Marcelo=Coentrao>Arbeloa

Long story short, whether Coentrao plays at LB or RB, neither situation is ideal. Stupid purchase no doubt, but I'm still supporting it.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:52 pm

I am actually shitting my self thinking that Coentrao was bought to compete with Marcelo. Not because Marcelo would lose his spot but we just spent 30 million (According to goal.com second highest transfer fee ever paid for a defender after Rio) for a player we don't even need. When we could have reinforced RB or CB.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:I am actually shitting my self thinking that Coentrao was bought to compete with Marcelo. Not because Marcelo would lose his spot but we just spent 30 million (According to goal.com second highest transfer fee ever paid for a defender after Rio) for a player we don't even need. When we could have reinforced RB or CB.
This really, we managed to bought an left footed player when we need to reinforce the Right side the most -.-
Preseason is going to be interesting.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 pm

theaguia wrote:i understand why people doubt coentraos signing. arbeloa is a right footed player and he plays on the left why can't coentrao play on the right or marcelo for that fact

I have this exact thinking but I would wait to see what Mou has in store. Just to inform any supposed doubters, players can, in fact, learn to use their weaker foot. It's not something out of the ordinary. Have some faith gents, the man coaching knows what he is doing.

The Luxembergo's and Mijatovic's of the world aren't running Madrid anymore.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 pm

R9 learnt how to use his weaker foot
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:54 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:I am actually shitting my self thinking that Coentrao was bought to compete with Marcelo. Not because Marcelo would lose his spot but we just spent 30 million (According to goal.com second highest transfer fee ever paid for a defender after Rio) for a player we don't even need. When we could have reinforced RB or CB.

and now u know why im laughing ahuahuahuahua!

Arbeloa for RB, Marcelo for LB, coentrao the 30m backup.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 am

Someone please tell me Coentrao is only for RB purposes

It would kill me to see Marcelo on the bench
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 am

I cant believe that Marcelo was so bad that we decided to buy the other best upcoming LB to have him compete with Marcelo.

Marcelo is our player and all, we like him, but it takes a fool to underestimate Coentrao. He is everything a coach can ask for in a fullback, a freak of a LB.

marcelo was inconsistent but come on, one will play RB.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 am

Maybe he will push Marcelo in a more forward role? It's been tested before.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:34 am

In terms of LB, I think Coentrao edges Marcelo. Having said that, I still want Marcelo to improve his game while remaining at LB. He's still got more in him.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Maybe he will push Marcelo in a more forward role? It's been tested before.

did marcelo ever convinced any of you guys when he was playing forward? he never did it for me.

people keep on saying he would be good forward because he attacks well, but i disagree, it doesnt work that well.

and why should we play marcelo forward when we have benzema, di maria, higuain, ozil etc...?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 am

marcelo played like crap most of the time as a winger.
the exception was that one time he scored against villarreal i believe
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:49 am

Ganso wrote:marcelo played like crap most of the time as a winger.
the exception was that one time he scored against villarreal i believe

yh, i mean, 2 summers ago, after seeing how underwhelming he was as LW and LB, the priority for many was a LB and Silva.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 am

If Coentrao plays RB then we will have a versatile defense. Arbeloa can play both sides and if Marcelo's injured Ramos/Arbeloa can play RB with Coentrao at LB etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 am

mtfootball wrote:If Coentrao plays RB then we will have a versatile defense. Arbeloa can play both sides and if Marcelo's injured Ramos/Arbeloa can play RB with Coentrao at LB etc etc.
We just signed an 30M Rb, so i belive he will surely be in a starting lineup. I dont think Mou will ditch Marcelo so Coentrao is supposed to be as a RB anyway. Arbeloa is good as a sub tho. Pepe and Ramos in the Centre.
What do you think?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:23 am

Coentrao, Pepe, Ramos and Marcelo is probably our best defense.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 am

Is Ramos versatile enough to play centre-back ? If he is, I'm not sure I'd want him there if I was a RM fan to be honest.

I often admire his runs forward and sticking to the centre will handicap that and put an end to that surely ? I really think Coentrao wasn't needed and Marcelo-Vaerne-Pepe-Ramos would have been a more than accessible and talented option for the back-four.

Is Pepe signed ? Last I heard his contract was left hanging.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 am

Ramos is a natural CB, and has performed better playing CB for us than playing RB in the past two years i think.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 am

Ramos is better at CB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:48 am

Really ? My apologies then...I've never seen him there. Would that then put an end to his offensive adventures ? I think he provided a good offensive force and it'd be a shame to limit that.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:24 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Really ? My apologies then...I've never seen him there. Would that then put an end to his offensive adventures ? I think he provided a good offensive force and it'd be a shame to limit that.
Shame limiting what?.
Ramos is best at CB, as a RB he was Meh this season imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 am

The xcx wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Really ? My apologies then...I've never seen him there. Would that then put an end to his offensive adventures ? I think he provided a good offensive force and it'd be a shame to limit that.
Shame limiting what?.
Ramos is best at CB, as a RB he was Meh this season imo.

I mean shame in limiting his offensive runs because as a CB naturally he won't be able to run down the flank and while he is no doubt a class defender, I think he offers so much more and can go outside of what is typical of a defender and be a Maicon-style player and at CB he wouldn't be able to make those runs.

Then again, he IS a defender so the main priority is putting him in a place where he'd be able to well...defend the best, naturally.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next