hrealmadrid
alex mahone
Doc
Mr Nick09
Pedram
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 am

The xcx wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Really ? My apologies then...I've never seen him there. Would that then put an end to his offensive adventures ? I think he provided a good offensive force and it'd be a shame to limit that.
Shame limiting what?.
Ramos is best at CB, as a RB he was Meh this season imo.

I mean shame in limiting his offensive runs because as a CB naturally he won't be able to run down the flank and while he is no doubt a class defender, I think he offers so much more and can go outside of what is typical of a defender and be a Maicon-style player and at CB he wouldn't be able to make those runs.

Then again, he IS a defender so the main priority is putting him in a place where he'd be able to well...defend the best, naturally.

JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa - Page 3 Empty Re: Marcelo vs Conterao vs Ramos vs Arbeloa

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 am

@nelcuore
Well Ramos has this great ability in the air and playing CB lets him use that more often.

It's kinda well known that he plays better @ CB rather than RB. He still a great RB but he's kinda inconsistent with his' decision making and sometimes lacks the discipline to shift attack into defense.

We still don't know what Coentrao's role would be. We'll see.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 am

Well you learn something new everyday...I sincerely did not know that. Then again, I only really watch RM on the night of El Classico or occasionally when a CL match is on so I wouldn't have a full knowledge of Sergio Ramos and RM.

But yes, there will certainly be some movement for Mourinho to do, but that is why he is paid the big bucks...to do what we cannot fathom.

@Jack, I asked earlier but nobody could answer...what's Pepe's status ? His contract was lingering when I last saw his name in the paper. Personally, I'd try out Vaerne (sp) but it could be a big risk and you can't afford that when you are on Barcelona's tail.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Well you learn something new everyday...I sincerely did not know that. Then again, I only really watch RM on the night of El Classico or occasionally when a CL match is on so I wouldn't have a full knowledge of Sergio Ramos and RM.

But yes, there will certainly be some movement for Mourinho to do, but that is why he is paid the big bucks...to do what we cannot fathom.

@Jack, I asked earlier but nobody could answer...what's Pepe's status ? His contract was lingering when I last saw his name in the paper. Personally, I'd try out Vaerne (sp) but it could be a big risk and you can't afford that when you are on Barcelona's tail.
Sure you dont mean Varane?
He still has alot to improve throughout this upcoming season, unfortunatly hes too young so he will get loaned to France (I hope).
I dont mind testing him in the lesser games tho, he has anormous talent so why not use it tho. About pepes status hes contract should run out in next year, there have been talks like Chelsea or Manu interested signing him, but Im certain he will renew hes contract.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:12 am

both Pepe and Ramos already agreed to renew their contract couple of months ago, it will be official in a few weeks.

all the rumors are a waste of time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 am

The xcx wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Well you learn something new everyday...I sincerely did not know that. Then again, I only really watch RM on the night of El Classico or occasionally when a CL match is on so I wouldn't have a full knowledge of Sergio Ramos and RM.

Sure you dont mean Varane?
He still has alot to improve throughout this upcoming season, unfortunatly hes too young so he will get loaned to France (I hope).
I dont mind testing him in the lesser games tho, he has anormous talent so why not use it tho. About pepes status hes contract should run out in next year, there have been talks like Chelsea or Manu interested signing him, but Im certain he will renew hes contract.

Haha yes that's why I put (sp) bro. Wasn't sure of the spelling.

That is the huge risk and I don't think he's completely ready for first-team football though he is immensely talented and will no doubt be an asset when Carvalho calls it quite soon as he is aging.

@Nick: thanks for the clarification. Ramos was a given in my opinion...he's just one of those players like Marchisio or Xavi who you know for certain will be at the club. Pepe was my only uncertainty, but if what you say is true, then XCX's suggestion that Varane will go to France is probably the best bet.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:01 am

I am surprised that nobody has factored in that players will be sold and one them can be sold.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:21 am

Magricos wrote: I am surprised that nobody has factored in that players will be sold and one them can be sold.

Who are you suggesting will be sold ? Marcelo will not be sold, neither will Ramos. Coentrao just arrived so obviously he won't. Arbeloa ? Maybe. But he wasn't a significant starter anyhow, it wasn't as if he made the question of who will play CB that much harder.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:57 am

The only defender to be sold was Garay. Albiol, Arbeloa and Carvalho will still be retained as backups.

I'm not sure what Magricos is suggesting.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 am

Np buddy..
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:34 am

Honestly I'm not as concerned about this development as some people here seem to be.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 am

Magricos wrote: Honestly I'm not as concerned about this development as some people here seem to be.

well cannot say i am not concerned......i dont care who else is there....but imo pepe ramos and marcelo should be in the starting line up no matter what
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 am

I think Mou might be on to something with the inverted right back (Coentrao or Marcelo). Most teams these days play a left winger who cuts in rather than have a pure left footed left winger. Barca have Villa in that role, we have Ronaldo, Man Utd have Nani, Arsenal Nasri, Milan Robinho and so on.

A left footed player should be much better at dealing with a player who cuts in since he gets them on his strong foot then.

paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 pm

we have cr and di maria as wingers who cut in.. isnt it a bit "repetitive" to have a another winger type player cutting in

on the same side?

i guess we will just have to wait to see how it works out and in the down time trust mou.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 pm

anirudhkitt wrote:
Magricos wrote: Honestly I'm not as concerned about this development as some people here seem to be.

well cannot say i am not concerned......i dont care who else is there....but imo pepe ramos and marcelo should be in the starting line up no matter what

I'm only a little concerned because the criteria on the team should be that the best players should start or what is beneficial for the tactics used.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:33 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:I think Mou might be on to something with the inverted right back (Coentrao or Marcelo). Most teams these days play a left winger who cuts in rather than have a pure left footed left winger. Barca have Villa in that role, we have Ronaldo, Man Utd have Nani, Arsenal Nasri, Milan Robinho and so on.

A left footed player should be much better at dealing with a player who cuts in since he gets them on his strong foot then.

Been to a few coaching seminars and that has been talked about as more of a tactical positioning than something to be done on a regular basis. It is pretty effective (kinda). It would be easier for a left footed to tackle a right footer unless his name is Raul Bravo...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Magricos wrote:
I'm only a little concerned because the criteria on the team should be that the best players should start or what is beneficial for the tactics used.

yeah i agree with you. I just dont think that coentrao was not the best signing we could have made. But then again what do i know, i havent coached a champions league winning team. So i am going to keep the faith with mourinho.

paperbackwriter wrote:

Been to a few coaching seminars and that has been talked about as more of a tactical positioning than something to be done on a regular basis. It is pretty effective (kinda). It would be easier for a left footed to tackle a right footer unless his name is Raul Bravo...

I agree with the fact that an inverted player is usually a tactical change than a regular one.

But as has been mentioned time and again before this, no one will buy a 30 million full back and place him on the bench. So in this case, we will have to assume that coentrao will either take the right back spot or keep marcelo out of the team.

Now in case the move to right back for marcelo or coentrao is successful, we will hail mourinho and stuff. but what i will still fail to understand is that why he would buy a left back to cover a right back spot instead of buying a decent right back in the mould of isla or van der weil. Now i know some of you do not think to highly of wan der weil but still, he will surely make a better right back than coentrao or marcelo.

Anyway i cannot seem to make sense of any signinh that mourinho has done this summer apart from nuri sahin. So i guess i will have to wait and suffer
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Why did he not buy a RB? Well, because Coentrao is insanely talented, Portugese, very dedicated, and a Mendes client. TBH, buying a semi-washed up Maicon for 20 million would have been better as it allows Carvajal a legitimate shot once the position becomes open in a few years.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:56 pm

you want us to buy a washed up player for 20M? scratch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:30 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:you want us to buy a washed up player for 20M? scratch

Ironic, considering I was very against the Maicon move last year, when he was the best RB in the world. But our defensive situation was different then. As an interesting note, we had said 'Its unfair to have Ramos and Maicon in the same team', just as now we are saying 'Having Marcelo and Coentrao is like Alves and Maicon...', and Ramos went CB and everything worked out in the end... Very Happy

But I digress. While the washed up thing was just a reflection, I feel buying a potentially WC proper RB who will be replacable in two years is a better transfer than this Coentrao mess.

As something completely different, I heard someone suggest that Ronaldo and Di Maria switch wings, so that they will be in more natural positions to contrast with the screw up that would happen by putting left sided Coentrao on the right. I know Ronaldo works on both wings pretty well, but does this idea have any potential?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 pm

I think Mourinho is making a bet on the fact that Coentrao is a remarkable athlete, and he is versatile, in the sense that he looks comfortable regardless of where he is on the pitch. He must be seeing something exceptional to hae us commit on him.

how would ronaldo and di maria switching wings offset coentrao/marcelo playing RB?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I think Mourinho is making a bet on the fact that Coentrao is a remarkable athlete, and he is versatile, in the sense that he looks comfortable regardless of where he is on the pitch. He must be seeing something exceptional to hae us commit on him.

how would ronaldo and di maria switching wings offset coentrao/marcelo playing RB?

Because with Di Maria in his natural position, he wouldnt have to cut in. Im not sure if Ronaldo is more 'natural winger' on the right or left, but if so he could do the same, thereby leaving only Coentrao or Marcelo to cut in, and at the back it isnt such a problem. I think cutting in so much and having players in unnatural positions leads to tactical instability, but thats just me.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:29 pm

As a player I've always really appreciated the option to be able to cut in. Always had no problem playing as either and RB or LB
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:42 pm

just a thought.. if we play a 4-3-3 that looks something like this:

ronaldo--benz--ozil
alonso--sahin--khedira
marcelo--pepe--ramos--coentrao
iker

we would bring an interesting combination of players especially on the wing

(cutting in)--benz--(creative)
DLP--DLP/b2b--b2b/dm
(overlapping)--pepe--ramos--(cutting in)
iker

does anyone see what im getting at? i particularly like this dynamic as its not the traditional "either both wingers cut in or stay wide and cross the ball"

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 pm

As reporting Inter are after Marcelo. How credible is Manolete?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Manolete likes to read gossip sites and report about it, it's a rumor from CalcioMercato
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next