Il Fenomeno Vero
Adrian0911
Casciavit
DeviAngel
10 posters

Go down

Juve look to Cuadrado Empty Juve look to Cuadrado

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 am

Juventus have confirmed their interest in Stevan Jovetic, but it’s now reported they are also eyeing his Fiorentina teammate Juan Cuadrado.

According to the latest rumours out of Italy, the Bianconeri are eager to snap up Colombian winger Cuadrado for next season.

This week Coach Antonio Conte complained he did not have any options for a 4-3-3 system other than Simone Pepe, who has been injured for practically the entire campaign.

Cuadrado would fit the bill, but he is co-owned between Fiorentina and Udinese.

This could make him easier to push for than star striker Jovetic.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juve look to Cuadrado Empty Re: Juve look to Cuadrado

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:23 pm

You do realize he will probably stay at Fiorentina right?

For the good of his career he shouldn't go to Juve. Not taking a knock at you guys, but Conte is not a fan of flair players (or so it seems) and has treated most of them poorly during his time at Juve.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 pm

if Isla gets his form back next season..why would we need him?
for that position we already have Licht, Isla, Caceres Pepe and Padoin..
for Bayern game the problem was that not only Licht was suspended..but Caceres was recovering and Isla is still not even 70% back, Pepe is out for the season...so we had to go the fifth pick.
the left side is the one hurting most.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Adrian0911 wrote:if Isla gets his form back next season..why would we need him?
for Bayern game the problem was that not only Licht was suspended..but Caceres was recovering and Isla is still not even 70% back, Pepe is out for the season...so we had to go the fifth pick.
Thumbs up Keep in mind Caceres can play LB and Padoin is naturally a left sided player though to be honest the latter along with De Ceglie should be replaced by higher quality fullbacks. Regardless you're right in saying that the left needs more fresh blood than the right. Ideally I'd to bring like Criscito or Santon as a starting LB (or LM to compete with Asamoah) with Caceres and Peluso as subs
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Adrian0911 wrote:if Isla gets his form back next season..why would we need him?

Both sides are hurting. The left side is just worse than the right. If you think any of those players you listed can compete against the top European teams' wings, you're only kidding yourself.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 pm

If we can get Criscito for cheap with his injury, we should look into it. That could be a big boost for our left side.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Cuadrado is a good player....probably the best right back in serie A after Lichtsteiner
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Cotes wrote:Cuadrado is a good player....probably the best right back in serie A after Lichtsteiner

Cuadrado is much more creative player and higher energy. I think he is more suited as a RWB than Licht. Licht has his limitations. When you watch him play he looks too much like a RB trying to play as a RWB, which he is. It's not his natural position, but he does a pretty good job considering the facts. It's kind of sad that Juve plays most of its wing attack through the right side with a player that is not really a natural wing player.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm

Juventude wrote:
Both sides are hurting. The left side is just worse than the right. If you think any of those players you listed can compete against the top European teams' wings, you're only kidding yourself.

Isla is potentially a top quality RM/RB, We bought him while he was still recovering from an ACL injury and he's obviously not recovered enough to warrant a starting spot or show his best from Regardless he's still managed to get an assist every 185mins he's on the pitch (using his minutes from Serie A and CL, 18 total apps) averages 1 key pass per game. I think you really need another season in order to judge him.

Regardless if you compare other top sides fullbacks I don't think we're that far off tbh, RM have who Marcelo cant defend for shit and Arbeloa who isn't great in attack, Utd have Rafael and Evra who really aren't that great, Alaba isn't crash hot defensively and if we had someone better than Padoin we could've exploited that, Sure you've got the likes of Coentrao, Dani Alves, Alba, Sergio Ramos (when he plays there), Ashley Cole etc but on a whole I don't think Licht, Caceres and Isla are as bad as made out to be
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Il Fenomeno Vero wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Isla is potentially a top quality RM/RB, We bought him while he was still recovering from an ACL injury and he's obviously not recovered enough to warrant a starting spot or show his best from Regardless he's still managed to get an assist every 185mins he's on the pitch (using his minutes from Serie A and CL, 18 total apps) averages 1 key pass per game. I think you really need another season in order to judge him.

Regardless if you compare other top sides fullbacks I don't think we're that far off tbh, RM have who Marcelo cant defend for shit and Arbeloa who isn't great in attack, Utd have Rafael and Evra who really aren't that great, Alaba isn't crash hot defensively and if we had someone better than Padoin we could've exploited that, Sure you've got the likes of Coentrao, Dani Alves, Alba, Sergio Ramos (when he plays there), Ashley Cole etc but on a whole I don't think Licht, Caceres and Isla are as bad as made out to be

I agree that we need another season on Isla, but I just don't consider Licht and Caceres to be true wing players. They are good defenders in a normal RB situation, but they are not good players to use in a wing attack with a three man back line. And I really don't rate our group near a lot of the players you listed. I think they benefit from having such a great central midfield at Juve.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 pm

u think Cuadrado will come when we have Lichsteiner, Pepe, Caceres, Isla and Padoin? Common bro
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 pm

I haven't seen loads of Cuadrado, maybe 10 games. I rate him highly, very talented. But would we be using him as a wing-back. In which case I imagine he would suffer quite a bit more compared to a 4-3-3 where he would have a full-back to cover him more. We don't want Chiellini to have to keep stepping out from LCB to help a winger.

I'm all for this move to be honest.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:33 pm

A good LWB or LB would add so much more flexibility to the team. We could easily switch to a four man back line. I'd like to see us buy proven talent at that position and a prospect.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:56 pm

cuadrado is a lot better LWB than Asamoah
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Cuadrado doesn't even play LWB, He's a RWB.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:06 am

ppl can really be fanatics sometimes. HOW on earth will cuadrado come if we hve like 5 or 6 players for the right hand side for christ sake
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am

djfawnz wrote:ppl can really be fanatics sometimes. HOW on earth will cuadrado come if we hve like 5 or 6 players for the right hand side for christ sake

People be on that FIFA 13 tip...
Already writing Asamoah off as a good player because he's had a rough adjustment period after the AFCON and happens to play at the same position as this year's Prince from Atalanta

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:24 am

Casciavit wrote:Cuadrado doesn't even play LWB, He's a RWB.

that was my aim Very Happy lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:56 am

Luca wrote:
djfawnz wrote:ppl can really be fanatics sometimes. HOW on earth will cuadrado come if we hve like 5 or 6 players for the right hand side for christ sake

Already writing Asamoah off as a good player because he's had a rough adjustment period after the AFCON and happens to play at the same position as this year's Prince from Atalanta

Asamoah is a fine player, but he's not a LB/LWB. He's playing out of position. He would be fine in a CM position. Do you honestly believe he's our LB for the future? And I'm not implying that Peluso is the answer either.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 am

Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:

Asamoah is a fine player, but he's not a LB/LWB. He's playing out of position. He would be fine in a CM position. Do you honestly believe he's our LB for the future? And I'm not implying that Peluso is the answer either.

I've never really had a problem with him as the LWB, more of a LM in the 3-5-2. As a LB, yeah, I could see his deficiencies in a 4 man backline has the LB, but Juventus doesn't play that system so I see it as a non-factor.

If Asamoah isn't the answer, I don't understand how anyone suggests Cuadrado is.

Criscito is the answer in my opinion, but I don't think we'll see that coup

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dario Altafini Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 am

Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:
Luca wrote:

I've never really had a problem with him as the LWB, more of a LM in the 3-5-2. As a LB, yeah, I could see his deficiencies in a 4 man backline has the LB, but Juventus doesn't play that system so I see it as a non-factor.

If Asamoah isn't the answer, I don't understand how anyone suggests Cuadrado is.

Criscito is the answer in my opinion, but I don't think we'll see that coup

I agree 100 percent, this i hope is a fake rumour, because there is in no way that cuadrado is the answer for juventus' problems and who suggests this is completely wrong. If juve continue to sign players like this they can stay getting ko'ed of the quatefinals of champions league because if they want to reach the heights of the golden years when conte was playing, then they need to sign players of a much higher quality.

Dario Altafini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:27 pm

i don't agree that Licht, Caceres and Isla (last season) are not enough to compete against top teams.
last year same thing could have been said about Piszczek, Schmelzer from Dortmund or about Gamez and Antunes from Malaga. but in the end..Dortmund is in the semifinals...beating Real, Man Shitty and Shakhtar on the way...and Malaga did more than well getting the best of Milan, Porto and almost Dortmund.
and as it was pointed out there are some wing-backs in the top 5 teams that are as incomplete as ours if not even weaker (Alves, Marcelo can't really defend, Coentrao and Alba not very safe, Arbeloa, Ivanovic suck at attacking, Evra, Cole are getting older and inconsistent)

but i consider a complete revamp of the wings a mistake. i think at least for another year the right to be left intact. in a 4-3-3 formation Licht, Caceres and Isla can do the job even in Europe and in a 3-5-2 we have six if you count Giacc as he can play almost anywhere in the middle.
in Serie A, against Pescara's and Catania i trust Padoin to the the job so we have enough depth.

on the left...i say we let de ceglie go even if he could do the job against those weaker sides. and yes, get Criscito back. it hurts to see him in Russia...and if another team from Italy manages to get him...it would hurt even more. i'm not glad we lost armero to napoli(imo best on that position in Italy)...but in truth there are better options out there. we could give santon another try...or get Kolarov from Shitty.
we must accept that financially we can't compete with England and Spain...and sometimes even with Germany.

i'd keep peluso though because of his versatility (as with Padoin) for Serie A games. he showed that he could do it.
if this rotation system that finally seems to be working would have been used from the start..we would have been 12-15 point in front of Napoli.

personally i would love Criscito to come home...or the sheer long shots power of Kolarov...but in reality best we could do is loaning Adriano from Barcelona.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down