Grooverider
mr-r34
fatman123
DeletedUser#1
13 posters

Go down

Corporations have ruined football Empty Corporations have ruined football

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 am

just read for CL final, Wembley with almost 90,000 capacity. each of BVB and Bayern have got 24,000 tickets.

that means, close to 50% of tickets of a CL FINAL will go to corporations. the atmosphere that could have been created with 20,000 more fans of each team will go to neutrals. that's an absolute disgrace.

same with EL final. Amsterdam Arsenal has 52,000 capacity, yet each of Chelsea and Benfica are getting 9,800 allocations. that's even worse !!

I mean WTF. EVERY THING is about money. considering the strong support clubs like BVB and Bayern have (half a million BVBers already applied) that allocation is a joke.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Corporations have ruined football Empty Re: Corporations have ruined football

Post by fatman123 Fri May 03, 2013 7:30 am

i remeber seeing similar stats for last seaons final too, its a shame, hopefuly some of these cooporations give their tickets to employees, friends etc who are fans
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri May 03, 2013 7:47 am

Sepi against modern football.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri May 03, 2013 8:44 am

I agree that Corporations have ruined modern football, its a shame that the game we love got bought and paid for a long time ago.

Sold its soul and the fans suffer Sad
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 03, 2013 8:46 am

Well there's still many aspects of the game that are great, but the big events... UEFA and FIFA are both too big to not have sold out long ago. The national FAs are a lot better in some countries. In others... Not so much.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri May 03, 2013 8:47 am

I don't understand this allotment business at all. Why not allow equal access to all the tickets and keep higher prices for better seats. What possible benefit is there of such allotment? Is it to appease the sponsors?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 03, 2013 8:52 am

A total of 59,000 tickets of the net stadium capacity of 86,000 are available to fans and the general public, with the two finalist teams receiving 25,000 tickets each, and the remaining 9,000 tickets going on sale to fans worldwide via UEFA.com from Monday.

The rest of the tickets are allocated to the local organising committee, national associations, commercial partners and broadcasters, and to serve the corporate hospitality programme, also now available through UEFA.com.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1916997.html

In line with UEFA’s policy to promote the competition among the general public, a total of 38,000 tickets, representing 79% of the net stadium capacity of 48,000, will go to the supporters of the two finalist teams and to neutral fans. Out of this allocation, the two finalist teams will receive a total of 20,000 tickets - 10,000 each - for distribution among their supporters. A significant allocation - 30% of these tickets - has been made available in category four, ensuring as wide as possible access to the match for the finalist clubs’ fans.

The remaining tickets are allocated to the local organising committee, to UEFA’s 53 national football associations and to commercial and broadcast partners.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=1900526.html

I think the allocations are pretty fine.
69% allocated to general public for the CL final and 79% of capacity allocated to general public for the EL final.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 am

tbh a lot of the corporate-allocated tickets go to people who are actually interested in football... i know a guy who went to the athens final, the way it works is that a firm gets a bunch of tickets to allocate between workers and then the workers apply to get them, usually it's first come first serve... obviously the middle aged secretaries and elderly golf players won't be interested in going to a football game for the sake of watching football, and a football game isn't the kind of a glamorous event you'd like to use to do business, however big it may be

while it is stupid that more tickets don't go to the fans, it's not like the corporate allocations go to people who use the time for eating prawn sandwiches
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 11:31 am

Sponsors pay a lot of money to support the champions league so it's only fair they get something like this. Close to 50% is a bit much though I agree.

Like Che said though they will likely be people who are interested in football so it won't completely kill the ambience.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri May 03, 2013 12:47 pm

While I think a lesser portion of tickets should be allocated for corporate segment, it's not like these tickets are wasted. Since most of these tickets are in gallary, only those who are really into football will be interested to go.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri May 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Sepi complains about corporate influence on a final that is being played in a stadium that was built on the back of corporate money rofl

without corporate money the game would be getting played in a shit stadium and televised for about 12 people

instead it is being played in Wembley and seen by (bill?)millions

you can't have it both ways, learn to capitalism and pls go
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Swanhends wrote:Sepi complains about corporate influence on a final that is being played in a stadium that was built on the back of corporate money rofl

without corporate money the game would be getting played in a shit stadium and televised for about 12 people

instead it is being played in Wembley and seen by (bill?)millions

you can't have it both ways, learn to capitalism and pls go

Bhends my capitalist bro Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 pm

It's disgraceful. The worse it's when you get there, and see that the stadium is not full. I was at CL final 2011, and the middle section of Wembley was half empty.
Many tickets are kept for UEFA, who gives tens of tickets to their employers, to the extent that UEFA workers and stewards at the stadium gates offten have surplus tickets and they give them to people around. An acquaintance of mine got two tickets of a steward for the 2011 final for free.

The logical thing would be that 80% of the tickets go to the Clubs, and 20% is kept by UEFA, or at most a 30-70 split.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri May 03, 2013 2:39 pm

free_cat wrote:It's disgraceful. The worse it's when you get there, and see that the stadium is not full. I was at CL final 2011, and the middle section of Wembley was half empty.
Many tickets are kept for UEFA, who gives tens of tickets to their employers, to the extent that UEFA workers and stewards at the stadium gates offten have surplus tickets and they give them to people around. An acquaintance of mine got two tickets of a steward for the 2011 final for free.

The logical thing would be that 80% of the tickets go to the Clubs, and 20% is kept by UEFA, or at most a 30-70 split.

Isn't part of the middle section at Wembley where the press area? - i.e not as filled because the press gets tables instead of individual seats

This 2nd picture especially shows what Im talking about - those empty patches just below the 2nd level of the stadium I believe are press-tables, not empty seats

Corporations have ruined football 799060-wembley-stadium-during-the-2011-uefa-champions-league-final

Corporations have ruined football 5775733032_acd3ed4873_z
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 03, 2013 9:37 pm

Nice pics.... Barca section looked so good, so sad wont be there in this CL Razz

And capitalism > football No
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: