Collblanc
Red Alert
futbol
Clockwork Orange
RealGunner
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ajax the Champions of Eredivisie - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajax the Champions of Eredivisie

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 am

Top players don't want to play in Eredivisie as long as it remains as shit as it currently is. Sure it's good that Ajax are slowly building back towards the summit but they need more than just one club to do that. You need the PSV's and the Feyenoords to start becoming a force again as well to bring the league back up.

Look at Ligue 1 the last decade. Lyon were a real powerful force for almost a decade in the league with good management, good finances, etc. But they only made it respectably far in CL once. And top players still always left them, Essien, Malouda, Mamadou Diarra, Benzema, Abidal. All because Ligue 1 was just not prestigious enough for top players to remain there long term.

Or look at Porto. Amazing finances, great business model. Obviously they were able to win the CL but longer term they just never managed to remain consistently at the highest level. Always second tier among the European elite. Liga Sagres is shit compared to the top leagues.

Ajax can keep doing what their doing but they will never be able to reach their historic heights again unless Eredivisie as a league climbs. That's the hard truth.

I think French league finally understands this. Now with the rise of PSG and Monaco, Ligue 1 is finally moving in the direction and is ultimately able to attract top players like Ibra, Cavani, Falcao, Silva, etc.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Ajax the Champions of Eredivisie - Page 2 Empty Re: Ajax the Champions of Eredivisie

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am

So yeah I guess the point I'm making up there is that the league need a large influx of cash. Can't believe no sugar daddy has tried to buy an Eredivisie club yet. Specially the really historically great ones like Ajax, PSV, or Feyenoord.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 am

iftikhar wrote:
Fußball wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Those who follow Dutch football/League regularly:

I just checked the table and though there are 18 teams, Ajax is declared winner after 24 games. I suppose it's because their four points lead over second-placed Twente. However that would mean it's a 25 game (rather than 34 game) competition.

Does it works like this:
All teams play each other in the first stage (17 games).
Top nine play each other in the next stage (8 games).
Bottom nine play each other in the next stage (8 games).

rofl

This thread is old. Ajax aren't champions this season yet. You got RG'ed. Proud

Yeah, I just checked their fixture ('cause it seemed odd that league would be over in February). :brickwall: 

The big 2012-2013 in the OP is kinda a big giveaway >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Same to me , I was like wtf the season is over already? Ajax dominated in the past, so they might again after winning it twice in a roll now I think?

They good old supplier of Dutch talent, I hope they rediscover it!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Ajax have sacked put Marcel Keizer and his assistents Hennie Spijkerman and Dennis Bergkamp on non-active.

http://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/ajax-stelt-marcel-keizer-hennie-spijkerman-en-dennis-bergkamp-op-non-actief.htm

Apparently, they've had a rommelige start to the season.

I'm sorry @zigra . Or, congratulations, @zigra ?

Who will take over this great club now? Which are the candidates?

Peter Bosz is available, for example. So is Tony Pulis. Also, Carlo Ancelotti, Thomas Tuchel, Montella. Pippo.

But I guess the top candidates are Louis van Gaal and Frank De Boer.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Ajax have sacked put Marcel Keizer and his assistents Hennie Spijkerman and Dennis Bergkamp on non-active.

http://www.ajax.nl/streams/actueel/ajax-stelt-marcel-keizer-hennie-spijkerman-en-dennis-bergkamp-op-non-actief.htm

Apparently, they've had a rommelige start to the season.

I'm sorry @zigra . Or, congratulations, @zigra ?

Who will take over this great club now? Which are the candidates?

Peter Bosz is available, for example. So is Tony Pulis. Also, Carlo Ancelotti, Thomas Tuchel, Montella. Pippo.

But I guess the top candidates are Louis van Gaal and Frank De Boer.

It's great news, see: http://www.goallegacy.net/t40775-marcel-keizer-sack-watch#1814924

I don't really know who will follow him. I actually just learned about this as I have been at work all day and to be honest this was a surprise for me even though I fully support the decision. Didn't expect him to be sacked as we managed to reduce PSVs 10 point lead to a 5 point lead but I guess the cup defeat was just a bit too much.

zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Nagelsmann's assistent coach, Alfred Schreuder, is leaving Hoffenheim and joining Ajax to become assistent under Ajax's new manager, Bayern München II legend Eric ten Hag.

Schreuder had joined Hoffenheim as assistent to Huub Stevens but remained under Nagelsmann after Stevens had left.
Schreuder has previously worked as assistant coach under Steve McLaren, Michel Preud'homme and Bert van Marwijk.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2