Who will be favorite to win CL next season?

+11
Error
RED
BarcaLearning
Kaladin
Schweinaldo06
Firenze
LeBéninois
Raptorgunner
El Gunner
Highburied
Ausi90
15 posters

Go down

Who will be favorite to win CL next season? Empty Who will be favorite to win CL next season?

Post by Ausi90 Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 am

Barca have been favorite to win the CL each of the past 6 seasons and they have lived up to that tag by winning it 3 times.

Now they lost 7-0 to Bayern, I doubt they are gonna be favorites next season, unless they buy a world class striker and a 1-2 world class defenders + a keeper.

For me next season favs will be:

1. Madrid
2. Bayern (only 2nd bcoz no CL winner has retained their title before. yes they will win the final of this season)
3. Barca (if they buy neymar + 1-2 world class defender + new wc keeper they be favorite #1 again)
4. PSG
5. Man C (Pelegrini factor)
6. Juve
7. Chelsea (Mourinho)
8. Man U
9. Dortmund (maybe even lower since no Goetze, plust other stars likely to leave this summer9

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Who will be favorite to win CL next season? Empty Re: Who will be favorite to win CL next season?

Post by Highburied Mon May 20, 2013 11:38 am

Arsenal FC will win it next season!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Who will be favorite to win CL next season? Empty Re: Who will be favorite to win CL next season?

Post by El Gunner Mon May 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Let's wait until this coming summer transfer window ends.

It'll be clearer for us to predict, tbh.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Arsenal are always favorite, but for some damn reason we never try to win it. Laughing eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon May 20, 2013 4:10 pm

El Gunner wrote:Let's wait until this coming summer transfer window ends.

It'll be clearer for us to predict, tbh.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 20, 2013 4:11 pm

For now? Bayern. If I had to choose three teams I wouldn't want to face, in say, the knockouts, it would be Bayern, Barca then Chelsea.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Schweinaldo06 Mon May 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Bayern and Barca are according to the current odds. 4-1

Then Real, Man U, Man City (lol), Chelsea, Juve, PSG, and finally Dortmund.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/next-season-winner

Schweinaldo06
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 20, 2013 4:55 pm

PSG
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh yeah, I actually predicted PSG to reach a final next season. I stand by that, providing they keep hold of Ibra. :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Bayern
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 20, 2013 6:03 pm

I actually think Bayern will be the first team in history to retain it (that's if they win the final this year). They are ridiculously strong. Like barca on steroids.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 pm

1. Barca
2. Bayern
--- A GAP ---
3. Real
4. Chelsea
5. Juventus
--- A GAP ---
6. Man Utd
7. Man City
8. PSG
--- A GAP ---
9. Dortmund
10. Arsenal
11. Milan

I think Barca and Bayern are going to be the two biggest favorites and there is clear cap between them and the rest. Bayern just seems to get stronger with the new purchases and Barca's old core will remain intact but at the same time will be strenghtened with couple quality players like Neymar.

3-5 chances depends a lot on the new managers (Mou & Ancelotti) and how Juve does in the summer market.

6-8 Will probably suffer more from manager change than Real or Chelsea for example. Difference between Mou & Ancelotti vs. Moyes, Pellegrini & PSG new coach (Benitez? or Mancini?) is the experience in the CL and therefore Chelski and Real has the advantage. Teams are going to be pretty equal otherwise.

9-11 are black horses and depend a little bit on the luck. Dortmund will be a black horse again and their chances depends a lot on how Klopp can replace Lewandowski, Götze and possible other sold players. Arsenal will be Arsenal and I don't see them getting that much stronger but they still could surprise. Milan will be a hit or a miss with Balotelli & SES.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Not a bad list but Barca shouldn't be at the top and judging by last year (Not just the Bayern game) they aren't really ahead of many of the teams 'below' them and certainly not favourites ahead of Bayern.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon May 20, 2013 7:24 pm

I think its ridiculous to make a prediction now, even before this season is over. Between now and September, there are going to be so many changes across Europe, surely thats gonna be a factor.
Im just salivating at the prospect of the best CL season ever next year what with so many top teams. Good time to be a footy fan Thumbs up
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon May 20, 2013 7:27 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Not a bad list but Barca shouldn't be at the top and judging by last year (Not just the Bayern game) they aren't really ahead of many of the teams 'below' them and certainly not favourites ahead of Bayern.

I'm going with the fact that no one has ever managed to win back to back CL and I cannot see Bayern pull that off either. Therefore I put Barca first and Bayern 2nd.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Anyone but Mehdrid.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm

@Error
Well, Ancelotti seems to stay with PSG (at least Sport1 news just said so a minute ago. And Dortmund will probably not lose as many players as people think. Mats Hummels just say no to all transfer rumours and decided to stay with Dortmund, and it is very well possible that Dortmund decide to keep Robert Lewandowski and not cash in on him.

Back to topic: I'd say FCB is a pretty safe contender ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon May 20, 2013 8:24 pm

rwo power wrote:@Error
Well, Ancelotti seems to stay with PSG (at least Sport1 news just said so a minute ago. And Dortmund will probably not lose as many players as people think. Mats Hummels just say no to all transfer rumours and decided to stay with Dortmund, and it is very well possible that Dortmund decide to keep Robert Lewandowski and not cash in on him.

Back to topic: I'd say FCB is a pretty safe contender ^^
I think Ancelotti will be Real coach at the beginning of the next season although he is not my favorite candidate. PSG is just playing this waiting game and as soon as they have found their man they will allow Ancelotti to leave. But of course it's just my opinion just like my list.

Replacing Götze alone is quite a big hole to fill. I also have a feeling that Mou is going to do what ever he can to bring Lewandowski to Chelsea as soon as they announce him as their coach. He is pretty much type of player Mou likes. Dortmund is not gonna say no if Chelsea just puts enough cash on the table. Don't know if more will leave or not, but there is a possibility and replacing the main stars is always a hard thing to do, specially for teams like Dortmund who don't want to play around with big amounts. Therefore I put them only at 9.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down