goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:58 pm

I read those last 2 pages for like 10 times. Damn. Is it possible to like Tyrion more than now?

" For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosened in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink tha filled the privy game ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.

Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold."

GRR Martin you absolute legend.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:54 am

One of the best, if not THE best mini-passages within the series imo.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:16 am

RealGunner wrote:I read those last 2 pages for like 10 times. Damn. Is it possible to like Tyrion more than now?

" For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosened in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink tha filled the privy game ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.

Don't worry Tyrion's journey is only beginning :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:01 am

RealGunner wrote:I read those last 2 pages for like 10 times. Damn. Is it possible to like Tyrion more than now?

" For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosened in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy game ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.

The entire fckin chapter. From Jaime saving Tyrion, to Tyrion lying to Jaime to killing Shae and Tywin, a masterpiece. Read it like 20 times.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:41 am

Finished A Storm of Swords. Easily one of the best books i have read in my life. Brilliantly written and just, addictive.

1) Jon Snow becomes the Lord Commander of the night watch. Thought it was going to happen with his stint at the Wall and how his tactics were so good against the Wildlings. Ghosts came back Proud

Now to see how Stannis reacts to this. And Malissandre.

2) Little finger Shocked He made Lysa send that letter about Lannisters killing Jon Aryn. So Cersei maybe didn't actually kill Jon and it was Petyr. hmm

He killed Lysa lmao. She was annoying so good riddance but damn. Another great twist. Now Petyr will try to marry Sansa. Petyr will then have the North AND the Vale. Cunning plan.

And. The epilogue. I shat my pants when i read that. Lady Cateyln. holy shit. Beric actually revived her. I don't know what to say lol. Let's see if she actually lives long enough ( well u all probably know )

In any case. BC asked me to read the combined version of AFoC and ADWTD. I am reading that atm. Started last night.

That alchemist who asked for the key from pete in return for gold. Think it was Jaqen H'ghar. Interesting prologue. The other prologue of sixskin was pretty boring.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:52 am

Stannis and Jon have some GOAT moments. But This between Jon and Melisandre Proud

"You have so many enemies. Shall i tell you their names?"

"I know their names"

"Do not be so certain." The ruby at Melisandre's throat gleamed red. "It is not the foes who curse you to your face that you must fear, but those who smile when you are looking and sharpen their knives when you turn your back. You would do well to keep your wolf close beside you. Ice, I see, and daggers in the dark. Blood frozen red and hard, and naked steel. It was very cold."

"It is always cold on the Wall."

"You think so?"

"I know so, my lady."

"Then you know nothing, Jon Snow," She whispered.

http://img.pandawhale.com/89885-Antonio-Banderas-computer-reac-NfDw.gif

That Jon Chapter when he slain Janos Slynt ProudProudProudProud

Hang him on the wall. Wait, nah lets chop his head off instead Proud

Stannis nodded his head Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:27 pm

I asked for the first book for Christmas. I received the entire series Proud

Of course, I've basically read every spoiler online already, but it's about time I took it a step further and actually read everything.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Eman wrote:I asked for the first book for Christmas. I received the entire series Proud

Of course, I've basically read every spoiler online already, but it's about time I took it a step further and actually read everything.

You will be rewarded with the joy of context :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:12 pm

So GRRM has come out with a brief history of the original Dance of Dragons, in which King Aegon II usurped the throne from the rightful heir Rhaenyra I, from the perspective of a maester historian. It's pretty sweet - filled with the betrayals, epic fights and so on we have come to expect from GRRM - and with about 14 dragons available there are plenty of fights and new knowledge about those too. I read the entire thing in about 2.5 hours and was not able to put it down.

It's available on the anthology Dangerous Women but you can also torrent as The Princess and the Queen, or, The Blacks and the Greens.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Definitely getting that. Really interested in what happened in the original Dance of The Dragons.

In any case, I have read 70% of A Ball of Beasts. This is what I found ( not exactly in order )

Cersei
Cersei
Cersei
Jaime
Jaime
Jaime
Cersei
Jaime
Briene
Briene
Briene
Cersei
More Cersei
MOAR cersei
Daenerys
Daenerys
Sansa
Daenerys
Cersei
Cersei

2 minutes poverty bran chapter
90 minutes of Iron Islands saga
3 minutes of poverty Arya chapter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Joking Aside. I can't stop reading the book. GRR Martin is a genius with words. He managed to make every single chapter interesting.

Cersei chapters are brilliant. Her thoughts make you laugh out loud in the most serious of situations.

Euron Greyjoy is a badass. Great character. Along with Victarion.

Rhaeger's son is alive Shocked That was one heck of a twist.

Also Daenerys is so stupid. LOL at half the 7 kingdoms after her Laughing

Jon Snow the Lord Commander of the night watch :bow: Stannis loves him lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:35 am

GRRM is only raising you for the fall, just remember this post, because you'll know when it happens :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:07 pm

With the amount of enemies Jon, Tyrion and Daenerys have. I can't see either of them staying alive for long

If any of them die then I am going to stop reading and riot on the Internet.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So GRRM has come out with a brief history of the original Dance of Dragons, in which King Aegon II usurped the throne from the rightful heir Rhaenyra I, from the perspective of a maester historian. It's pretty sweet - filled with the betrayals, epic fights and so on we have come to expect from GRRM - and with about 14 dragons available there are plenty of fights and new knowledge about those too. I read the entire thing in about 2.5 hours and was not able to put it down.

It's available on the anthology Dangerous Women but you can also torrent as The Princess and the Queen, or, The Blacks and the Greens.

That's all nice but should'nt GRRM just finish the fckin next book instead of doing this?

Still reading that lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:40 pm

Wish Ameon had met Daenrys before he died

Really liked Aemon. Easily one of the best non-major characters.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Last 6 chapters left. So intense atm

Cersei struggling for her life. I used to hate her so much in the 1st 2-3 books. But now she is like one of my favourites and I really hope she wins over Margaery.

Daenerys missing after riding on Drogon. Mereen at the brink of war. Quentyn trying to steal a dragon lmao. Tattered prince Wants Pentos in return for his help to Quentyn.

Griff launching an attack on Storms End with Aegon leading lol

Victarion on his way to tame some dragons

Jon Snow letting in every single wildling.

I really don't want to finish this Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:29 am

I just finished A Storm of Swords and it was bloody insane, I have no f.king idea of what is going to happen next(I haven't read anything on this thread and I don't intend to.

I will start reading A feast for Crows on the morrow'
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 am

You can't stop yet, we're not there yet :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:01 am

StrugaRock wrote:I just finished A Storm of Swords and it was bloody insane, I have no f.king idea of what is going to happen next(I haven't read anything on this thread and I don't intend to.

I will start reading A feast for Crows on the morrow'

Dude, read the combined version of A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons if you can. It will be hard if you got the real books with you. The combined version, A Ball Of Beasts is availible in the internet.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:07 am

Going to to start reading the books after I finish the Silmarillion. I've never watched the show so I really want to see how the books are. How does Game of Thrones compare to LOTR? Similarities? Differences?

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:34 am

GOT is much more violent and vulgar than LOTR. That's the major difference. Beyond that, they both run the gamut of the archetype fantasy series.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Cool, ill definitely read it soon.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:26 pm

It tries to be more realistic in that the decisions characters make are because of lust for sex and power rather than a battle between good and evil. In ASOIAF most characters fall on a moral grey rather than an absolute. Magic is also more sparsely used, and almost nonexistent at the beginning of the series.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Sounds cool. I think that will be an interesting twist compared to LOTR
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Just finished it all.

Read the Jon snow chapter for about 20 times. I swear if he is dead... I might actually give up on this. Would be such a farce.

Also, was Daenerys actually at Dragon stone or was she hallucinating and was in the Dothraki Sea all along?

Return of Varys Proud

Also that Sir Robert. It's Clegane's body with someone's head isn't it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:49 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, GET OUT! THIS THREAD IS DARK AND FULL OF SPOILERS.

So who else is excited for Tyrion's death? That will be gruesome.

Spoiler:

FFS Why didn't you tell me it was a joke Mad

All year, I spent in despair and depression thinking he was dead in the end Mad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next