LeBéninois
ExtremistEnigma
Kick
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
nasir6371
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English youngsters in PL and Future of England NT - Page 2 Empty Re: English youngsters in PL and Future of England NT

Post by 1991 Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 pm

English league system is fine, championship is bigger than ligue 1 Laughing

Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

English youngsters in PL and Future of England NT - Page 2 Empty Re: English youngsters in PL and Future of England NT

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:52 pm

1991 wrote:English league system is fine, championship is bigger than ligue 1 Laughing

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm

1991 wrote:English league system is fine, championship is bigger than ligue 1 Laughing

What? :facepalm:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Eivindo wrote:Seems like Catenaccio is the future for England. Very Happy
Naw. "Catenaccio" is Italian. In England it is "Park the double-decker bus"
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Kick is right. Chelsea have one of the best youth team in the world.

However they will most likely be the 1st team players for other clubs rather than Chelsea.

RG, my man. Proud

Also, where did I state they would be first teamers for Chelsea? Wink

A lot of them have first team quality. Also, Many Chelsea youth players are already starters around Europe. People can laugh, but we know the truth. Very Happy
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:08 am

Kick wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Kick is right. Chelsea have one of the best youth team in the world.

However they will most likely be the 1st team players for other clubs rather than Chelsea.

RG, my man. Proud

A lot of them have first team quality. Also, Many Chelsea youth players are already starters around Europe. People can laugh, but we know the truth. Very Happy
Whome are those starters around europe?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 am

Adit wrote:
Kick wrote:

RG, my man. Proud

Whome are those starters around europe?

Matic, Stoch, Kalas, Kakuta, Borini was, Huth, McEachran and Chalobah.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 am

They dont represents how good Chelsea youth academy though..becasue many of them are not chelsea youth products.

Matic- not a chelsea youth product

Kakuta- Lens youth proudct

Borini-Bologona youth product

Stoch-Nitra youth prouct.

etc

Buying top rated teenagers who were playing first team football and loaning them out to clubs doesnt mean chelsea have a great academy.. These players are far from being chelsea youth products. If you can give me names of English players playing around Europe who your academy produced will show the real strength of chelsea academy.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

Adit wrote:They dont represents how good Chelsea youth academy though..becasue many of them are not chelsea youth products.

Matic- not a chelsea youth product

Kakuta- Lens youth proudct

Borini-Bologona youth product

Stoch-Nitra youth prouct.

etc

Buying top rated teenagers who were playing first team football and loaning them out to clubs doesnt mean chelsea have a great academy.. These players are far from being chelsea youth products. If you can give me names of English players playing around Europe who your academy produced will show the real strength of chelsea academy.

Considering our youth academy is not that old, there are not many, yet. the next generation which is coming through will be the first.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 am

Academy graduates of most of the PL clubs are first teamers, albeit for lower league clubs. Stop with the damage limitation now. Razz

Considering our youth academy is not that old, there are not many, yet. the next generation which is coming through will be the first.
How? I don't get this.. elaborate please.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Academy graduates of most of the PL clubs are first teamers, albeit for lower league clubs. Stop with the damage limitation now. Razz

How? I don't get this.. elaborate please.

Before Roman came along our academy was not that good. This is why since JT, we've had barely any youth products. When Roman bought the club he vastly improved our youth teams through a number of ways. As youth teams take time, we're only now seeing the benefits of it with players like Bertrand, Chalobah and McEachran. It will improve more and more as time goes on.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:33 am

In fact, Chelsea's youth academy was quite better a few years back than it is now.. Bertrand, Borini, Bruma, Kakuta, Mancienne, Sinclair, Woods etc. It has regressed now.

Bertrand was highly rated a few years back and now is hardly lighting the stage on fire, is he? If Shaw comes, he'll be off or might stay just for the sake of being a homegrown player.

McEachran is as good as gone lol.

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 am

yeah, it's so poor now that we made it to the final of the next gen series and have won the youth FAC every second season since 2010. Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:42 am

I'm talking about the older kids lol.. the u21s. You won the U21 league in 2010-11 but couldn't even make it to the semis this season.

Besides, how many of those u19 players you think will make atleast ONE first team appearance for Chelsea?
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 am

Well, Nathan Ake already has. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:50 am

Who else?

Also, that's because of lack of depth in midfield and injuries. Do you expect him to get chances under Mourinho? Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:54 am

No, He should be loaned out.

Blackman is a promising GK who could well be a back up to Cech this coming season. Feruz is a crazy good talent he is a future first teamer for sure. Miles ahead of any striker his age. Boga is another great talent who is still raw but very eye catching. Baker was the captain and a possible first teamer should he continue to progress like he has. Christianson is a talented CB who traveled with the first team to USA and played a few matches against City there. Then of course there is Ruben Loftus-Cheek, who also travelled to USA and played against City, I am a big fan of his.

I am not saying all of them will play for us, but they all have the potential to.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:39 am

Can someone give Arsenal a fvcking BOW!!!

Flashback 2008 " Arsenal arew ruining british football" redknapp, big sam and tghe retIred Militia of ex- footballers or Sky sports.

I am yet to see what dose twats have done for grassroots
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Someone already mentioned the 90 minute rule stops English clubs from scouting kids from across the country or at least from a large talent pool. For the good of development overall I think it's good that that's gone.

In London you had several big clubs all fighting for the best talents from a relatively small talent pool. In some areas you have clubs that have barely any resources like Sunderland. The main beneficiary was Aston villa, as they are one of few big clubs in a city with a dense population, I don't think they are even a great academy in terms of how they set their teams up at youth level (this is just from watching them play), not like Chelsea who clearly are well organised and taught well tactically and technically, but villa overall in the last year's have had better talents in their system because they have a rich population of talent to scout from where they are one of the only big fish.

In terms of the national team future I'm not worried for England, they had a few years where the youth was really dry, and that's now making the transition from the old generation to the new generation difficult because between the senior players and the youngsters there's pretty much nothing but mediocrity. Slowly though I can see it improving and I think they will have a pretty good team by Euro 16. Theres a few from the 15 to 17 year old age bracket who I think have big potential. And there Is quite a few from the 17 to 21 year old age bracket who have a lot of potential
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2