Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

+59
VendettaRed07
urbaNRoots
Suarez99
The_Badger
Grooverider
mr-r34
Motogp69
Adrian0911
la bestia negra
Bellabong
Blue Barrett
Grande_Milano
barca 2011
lszanto
stunt
McAgger
rwo power
Le Samourai
RedOranje
punkfusion1992
The Messiah
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Onyx
S
BIG$PETER
Red Alert
Eivindo
since1996
El Chelsea Fuerte
Jeps33178
mezzogiornese
Ali
kiranr
Nishankly
wigglesworth
jibers
Arsenalfaithfull
Sushi Master
drakefyre
Toffer Harley
Lex
RED
VivaStPauli
FootballFan92
B-Mac
Abramovich
FennecFox7
windkick
Doc
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
BeautifulGame
Freeza
Gil
Jay29
Swanhends
Quinten Metsys
63 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL??? Empty Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:52 pm

I have always had this doubt as to why English players don't play in leagues outside EPL?I mean players who are established and in their prime,not players who play in other leagues to fatten their bank balance......

If I remember(sorry for my bad memory!!) only David Beckham,Matt Derbyshire and Owen Hargreaves were some of the decently established/known players to play outside the EPL.

Ofcourse by telling EPL,I actually mean the SPL as well....

Why is this so?Can any of the educated and football-knowing poster(s) of this forum enlighten me??

Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL??? Empty Re: Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

Post by Swanhends Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Because English players can only hoof and chase
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL??? Empty Re: Why English players don't play for leagues outside the EPL???

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 pm

One of the reasons English NT doesn't do well in international competitions... variety of competition and tactics is lacking with its players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 pm

You missed out Michael Owen and Steve McManaman. And Jermaine Pennant as well, I guess.

I'm sure people are going to say "they lack technical ability to play abroad". Which is total horsecrap, but anyway...

All the money is in the Premier League. Why would the English players want to move away from their homes when they can earn millions in England? They make a living off playing a sport they enjoy and not leave their comfort zones. It's pretty much win-win for them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Same reason German or Italian footballers rarely leave their Leagues.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Probably because their national league is really good, and they don't like to leave home
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:04 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:You missed out Michael Owen and Steve McManaman. And Jermaine Pennant as well, I guess.

I'm sure people are going to say "they lack technical ability to play abroad". Which is total horsecrap, but anyway...

All the money is in the Premier League. Why would the English players want to move away from their homes when they can earn millions in England? They make a living off playing a sport they enjoy and not leave their comfort zones. It's pretty much win-win for them.

This.Other leagues cant afford the wages the English players are on.Westham a club in Championship offers more wages than most lower midtable clubs in Italy spain and Germany.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:09 pm

why would they leave PL ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 pm

EPL IZ DA BESTEST IN ZE WORLD SON Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

I heard hoofing the ball wont work in other leagues.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

EPL clubs pay quite well and it's well within English players' comfort zones. Kinda see the reason why rarely English players leave the EPL.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Adit wrote:I heard hoofing the ball wont work in other leagues.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:19 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:You missed out Michael Owen and Steve McManaman. And Jermaine Pennant as well, I guess.

I guess 3 players is allot huh?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 pm

The problem is not playing solely in a league if that league has tactical and stylistic diversity. EPL is very, very narrow in this regards. Great league... no doubt there. But the English NT will always suffer unless either some of its players go abroad regularly (not one here and there) OR the league diversifies.

Only club that plays a truly different style is Arsenal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Agreed sportzcy,apart from Arsenal all teams play different type of typical EPL footy.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Adit wrote:Agreed sportzcy,apart from Arsenal all teams play different type of typical EPL footy.

Lol, you watch too much Stoke Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 pm

windkick wrote:I guess 3 players is allot huh?

The first two were pretty good, last I checked.

The problem is not playing solely in a league if that league has tactical and stylistic diversity. EPL is very, very narrow in this regards. Great league... no doubt there. But the English NT will always suffer unless either some of its players go abroad regularly (not one here and there) OR the league diversifies.

Yeah, because the Premier League is the only league that's like this. Rolling Eyes

Agreed sportzcy,apart from Arsenal all teams play different type of typical EPL footy.

Evidently you've not watched enough Premier League.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Adit wrote:Agreed sportzcy,apart from Arsenal all teams play different type of typical EPL footy.

well, EPL footy works though.It gets you Result,but it doesnt really help them in int level.or is it a myth Laughing ?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Yeah, because the Premier League is the only league that's like this. Rolling Eyes

Evidently you've not watched enough Premier League.
there is a reason mancini with unlimited source still chose to buy lot of physical players first.and it worked.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:47 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

I wasn't questioning if they were good or not, I was asking if 3 means allot? You made it seem cause you named 3 players that all of a sudden the TS didn't have a valid question in asking why allot of English players don't play out of England
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Gil wrote:
Adit wrote:I heard hoofing the ball wont work in other leagues.

Sad Sad Sad Sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Adit wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

well, EPL footy works though.It gets you Result,but it doesnt really help them in int level.or is it a myth Laughing ?

Not everyone play's like a typical EPL team, teams may not play like Arsenal or Barca but they still play good football but have the ability to play physically when required.

International level is another question and has nothing to do with goes on at club level.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:55 pm

windkick wrote:
I wasn't questioning if they were good or not, I was asking if 3 means allot? You made it seem cause you named 3 players that all of a sudden the TS didn't have a valid question in asking why allot of English players don't play out of England

That wasn't my intention. I was merely adding more players to the list since he said he couldn't remember anyone else. His question still remains valid.

there is a reason mancini with unlimited source still chose to buy lot of physical players first.and it worked.

Yaya Toure and...?

City may have played a defensive style but they didn't play an over-excessively physical style either regardless of what physical players they have in there side.

My point is though Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Tottenham, Bolton, West Brom and Liverpool towards the end of last season all play with the ball predominantly on the ground and not this "kick and rush" which is so often associated with English football.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:57 pm

I am gutted.

Carroll has shaved his majestic beard Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Adit wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Not everyone play's like a typical EPL team, teams may not play like Arsenal or Barca but they still play good football but have the ability to play physically when required.

International level is another question and has nothing to do with goes on at club level.
second part i cant agree,they do suffer from EPL syndrome alot in int level.Players who are raised to play in EPL ,who only plays in EPL will certainly lack tactical diversity.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next