Chiellini: 'I'm no Roberto Carlos'

2 posters

Go down

Chiellini: 'I'm no Roberto Carlos' Empty Chiellini: 'I'm no Roberto Carlos'

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 am

Giorgio Chiellini concedes Italy did not have the right focus against Haiti and warns he is “hardly Roberto Carlos” at left-back.
The defender held a Press conference today in Rio de Janeiro, where theAzzurri are preparing for the Confederations Cup.

“It’s a shame about the result with Haiti, although there can be a thousand excuses like the heat and the fact we didn’t rest properly,” he said of the 2-2 friendly draw.
“If the game had ended six minutes earlier, we’d have won 2-0 and talked about a very different match. At times it can happen for us to not put the right focus into a game like this.

“Almost a month has passed since the end of the season, so it wasn’t easy to put the plug back in after such a long time and the same went for the training schedule to play at this level. Now we’ve got back in the swing of things and will put our energy on to the field.

“On Sunday we begin the Confederations Cup, an important tournament we want to do well in, especially in an atmosphere like Brazil.”
Chiellini was used as a left-back in the 0-0 World Cup qualifier against the Czech Republic, but admits it is no longer his best role.

“We can use many systems and the decision is down to the Coach. I can play down the left, but I’m hardly Roberto Carlos. I’m still Giorgio Chiellini.”

Many of the players have been enjoying the beach in Rio de Janeiro.

“I only went for 15 minutes and thought it would be less hot, but this is a fascinating place where football is everything. I’d never been to Rio before and am curious to have this experience, not just thinking about the World Cup.”

Italy open their Confederations Cup against Mexico on Sunday evening at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“Mexico are not going through a great time and their qualification for the World Cup is at risk, but that doesn’t change anything for us,” continued Chiellini.

“They have players who can make the difference, even if they are not well-known. We must prepare at our best and rediscover that style of football that stood us out in the last three years.

“It’s important in these tournaments to start well and this Italy must not be like the one in the South African Confederations Cup. This is an important growth process for us.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Chiellini: 'I'm no Roberto Carlos' Empty Re: Chiellini: 'I'm no Roberto Carlos'

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:08 pm

as I always said, a team is never so limited as most of the fans believes it...

the team can switch to formations during the game, they can also switch the starting formation...

whatever formation we play: we need 3 CB on the starting XI: its like if we play 4-3-1-2 it means CHIELLINI will be used on the left back role...

However, to use CHIELLINI on the left back role, it means that the left CMF player should be capable to open and run wide, such as ASAMOAH who can do both roles : CMF + LW....

the three players who stand more forwards such as: VUCINIC, MATRI, MARCHISIO, one of them should be good on assists and two of them should be good goal poachers, I would say MARCHISIO is our C RONALDO, and the fact that he doesn't score goals that doesn't mean he is not, because he is supposed to score goals, VUCINIC is our OZIL, and MATRI is our BENZEMA,

if we use the same players that we have on 4-3-1-2 the formation should be like this:

--------- VUCINIC ------ MATRI ------------
----------------- MARCHISIO ---------------
---- ASAMOAH ---- PIRLO ----- VIDAL ------
CHIELLINI -- BONNUCI - BARZAGLI - LINCHTAINER

so CHIELLINI doesn't have to run on the wing like ROBERTO CARLOS because we have ASAMOAH to do that,

CHIELLINI + BARZAGLI + BONNUCI always stand there as 3 center backs,

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down