Kaladin
Kick
baresi
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

De Sciglio Fan Club - Page 2 Empty Re: De Sciglio Fan Club

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Arquitescu wrote:You all know my views on De Sciglio as he is already close to be world class. One of the few complete fullbacks out there. Ambidextrous, can cross with both feet, intelligent, versatile, iron hard mentality etc

Yet why is the notion that he is future captain coming up? Mauro Tassoti already said that Mattia's largest problem is that he is too quiet and introspective on and off the pitch. The Milanisti senatore, staff and Allegri have already spoken of El-Shaarawy's leadership on the pitch while already being a huge presence in the locker room. The difference is obvious. SES is our futuro capitano.

MDS though Proud

De Sciglio's current manner on the pitch should not exclude him from such a conversation as the quiet manner in which he goes about his business owes much to his position as a youngster still on the fringes of the squad. Captains need not necessarily be born or ready made, but rather De Sciglio has the requisite characteristics to become a true leader. Despite his lack of seniority in the squad and the confines of his youthful naivete, De Sciglio's performances have highlighted two important strengths, great composure and resilience. Whilst Mattia lacks the seniority within the playing group currently, our culture remains strong and we are a club that teach responsibility and leadership. His position as a young Italian who is hugely popular with the fans is already involving Mattia in many ventures in which he will be trained and helped to teach others about the culture of the club and instilling our values not just on the pitch but off it. Our very own leader Montolivo, is a player who has grown throughout his career, and grown as a leader as opportunities for leadership have been put into his path. At this stage in his career, Mattia's opportunities have been limited by his status in the squad, however he is, I am sure, a player we will see grow in stature as a leader on the pitch. De Sciglio would certainly not lack illustrious company as an introverted leader, with the likes of Philip Lahm and Lionel Messi leaping to mind as captains who break the mould that most envision for a leader.

Importantly, the issue of a new captain is many years off, time which will be crucial in developing the new leaders amongst a squad that is increasingly regenerating itself and time I feel that De Sciglio will better utilise. I am however swayed by my personal preference for the captaincy to not be held by a forward. We shall see in future, of course. For now though, he still has much to do to grow as a player and this should remain his primary focus.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Yes, the captain after Monty should once again be a defender and I cannot think of a better candidate than MDS.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:11 pm

tonight was a beast. kept wijnaldum park ji sung off, and even when Jozefzoon came blazing with pace he did enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Amazing kid, so glad to have him back from injury. Hopefully this is the beginning and he can show us even more Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:31 am

BEAST
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:34 am

This difference in class between De Sciglio and Emanuelson is like comparing a Ferrari to Fiat(even that is overrating Urby at LB).
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:44 pm

amazing performance
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:03 pm

It takes a lot to come back from an injury after many months and deliver such a performance at such a young age. Can we clone him?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 pm

By far the best U-21 Fullback in World Football at the moment. I cannot believe how Ribery covered brainless Alaba is mentioned in the same breadth as this kid who shows intelligence, technique and maturity far beyond his years.

Absolutely unbelievable what he did for us tonight as in his CL performances as a whole.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:26 am

Also I like ...

and then he does not seem to be a swollen headed , defect of many young players.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:21 am

MOTM last night.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:53 pm

What's cool about MDS as well is that he's going to develop into a more modern full-back. The Maldini comparisons are likely to happen, but MDS is quite good technically on the ball, he could become multi-dimensional player in that regard. What I mean by that is that he might just be the player to add a new verve to Milan's flank play on whichever side he plays. Not just overlapping runs and crossing, but actual direct dribbling ability. I can't name too many Italian full-backs with that in their locker these days. MDS appears to be one of the rare few who does.

I'm not quite on the hype wagon yet, but he's got quite a bit of promise. Let's see if he can get into the WC Squad and put in some good performances in Brazil.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:31 pm

McLewis wrote:What's cool about MDS as well is that he's going to develop into a more modern full-back. The Maldini comparisons are likely to happen, but MDS is quite good technically on the ball, he could become multi-dimensional player in that regard. What I mean by that is that he might just be the player to add a new verve to Milan's flank play on whichever side he plays. Not just overlapping runs and crossing, but actual direct dribbling ability. I can't name too many Italian full-backs with that in their locker these days. MDS appears to be one of the rare few who does.

I'm not quite on the hype wagon yet, but he's got quite a bit of promise. Let's see if he can get into the WC Squad and put in some good performances in Brazil.

I agree McLewis, but i don't like comparing anyone as the 'next-Maldini' or 'next-Baggio'. MDS is MDS, he should play as himself and not let those comparisons blind his path.

Anyways, your points are spot on. He's a very technical and smart fullback, not many Italian fullbacks have the skillset that MDS has. He's also very potent when defending, as exemplified yesterday. But, i don't think we should expect much from him internationally tbh, if he gets called up then i think its going to be very hard for him to see minutes with the likes of Criscito and Pasqual in the fray, he may get some minutes out of a poverty matchup. But ultimately i don't think we should expect him to explode internationally.

De Sciglio Fan Club - Page 2 BbSevemIQAAQAD8

MDS :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm impressed by his control and confidence on the ball. I feel like hes a veteran and knows exactly what to do. Trust him completely.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 pm

I just lost count of how many times he covered the CB position last night. Can't wait to see him against Totti again last season when we faced Roma at the Olympico it got really heated between the two...
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Btw I think we played Roma around this time of last year and lost 2-4
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:50 am

McLewis wrote:What's cool about MDS as well is that he's going to develop into a more modern full-back. The Maldini comparisons are likely to happen, but MDS is quite good technically on the ball, he could become multi-dimensional player in that regard. What I mean by that is that he might just be the player to add a new verve to Milan's flank play on whichever side he plays. Not just overlapping runs and crossing, but actual direct dribbling ability. I can't name too many Italian full-backs with that in their locker these days. MDS appears to be one of the rare few who does.

thats generous of you to speak nice about our promising de sciglio. #Respect to you my dude!
I had impression Italia will suffer a lot for years to come because there aren't quality fullbacks anymore; with the exception of the likes of Santon, criscito, and (in some way abate), but this is good that de sciglio has come to frame to prove his worth for both club and country.

I m super jealous that AS ROMA got their own gem in Dodo!!! that kid is going to develop well with big club hellhounds sniffing his trails...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 am

baresi wrote:I just lost count of how many times he covered the CB position last night. Can't wait to see him against Totti again last season when we faced Roma at the Olympico it got really heated between the two...

yeah he was killer throughout the game. its his great intelligence i guess.

i like how maldini was saying about him , that de sciglio is too nice boy, and needs to toughen up physically and mentally hahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:54 am

arabprince wrote:I'm impressed by his control and confidence on the ball. I feel like hes a veteran and knows exactly what to do. Trust him completely.

I wouldn't heap lot of pressure that he is already genius but he has shown a trait of that of some of our classy defenders!!

i am glad though that he has flown abate's suit, of exploiting the best out of his own potential.

and in some respect lucky too, because I am pissed that some of our talented players who really deserve to play more like saponara, and cristante are on the brink of getting shipped out... and shitty players like nocerino muntari or whoever that maybe mediocre are kept!!!

so in that respect, i m so glad we have de sciglio as regular.

injury is a problem, dunno what the heck is going on with club medicals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 am

Arquitescu wrote:By far the best U-21 Fullback in World Football at the moment. I cannot believe how Ribery covered brainless Alaba is mentioned in the same breadth as this kid who shows intelligence, technique and maturity far beyond his years.

Absolutely unbelievable what he did for us tonight as in his CL performances as a whole.

hahaha i know deep inside you're exaggerating lol ... alaba is hell of a defender, perhaps the best there is currently of his age.

but de sciglio is growning, and getting the best out of his potential at such young age so thats going to benefit the club in a long term.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 am

JespSwe wrote:

thats generous of you to speak nice about our promising de sciglio. #Respect to you my dude!
I had impression Italia will suffer a lot for years to come because there aren't quality fullbacks anymore; with the exception of the likes of Santon, criscito, and (in some way abate), but this is good that de sciglio has come to frame to prove his worth for both club and country.

I m super jealous that AS ROMA got their own gem in Dodo!!! that kid is going to develop well with big club hellhounds sniffing his trails...  

Thanks, Jesp, but MDS>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dodo

And it's not even close.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:06 pm

What's going on with De Sciglio? New Marco Motta?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Too early to say, he was fantastic in 12/13, but he's taken a nosedive in the past 2 seasons
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Watching De Sciglio in the national team, I get to wonder if it's the same player that has featured the last two seasons for us. He looks so much better, so composed both on and off the ball.

The more I try to evaluate the circumstances, the more I realise it's the system within our club that is hindering his development. Dude has WC potential but I don't think he can reach such heights here in Milan unless there's a massive change both tactically and otherwise

As much as I would hate to see him go, I think leaving to a better team where he can develop better will be best for his career at this time
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:25 am

Well Milan has been a pretty toxic environment for youngsters for a while now. We just recently started to see an emphasis on young players recently and that was due to Miha. Unfortunately, the damage was already done by that point for De Sciglio.

The guy is still very young and, although he's had two rough years, he clearly has loads of potential. With a good environment and in a team with actual tactics and a plan, he could develop into quite the player.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2