ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 17 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Guys I was thinking from few days whether if should send him on loan to some premier club on loan just for 6 months or so, only in case if we sign someone like costa. I really feel that he needs continuous game time, every week. I know its too early to discuss such things but still OR probably we should wait for another 6 months and then send him on loan.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 17 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:24 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Apparently his wages at Atletico were between 15-20k per week, and we'd be upping it to around 45k.  So not a crazy number by any means, just for clarification.
that's really interesting, I think our scouts are doing awesome job with this Thumbs up
I have not seen enough of him but I like having presence of such a beast (off course apart from his extreme attitude on pitch sometimes) in our forward line.
Btw,
James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 31m
@gharley1981 Talks with Atletico ongoing mate. They get back from tour of South America this week. #LFC optimistic about getting Costa :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:48 pm

So if we get costa.

We have

-DS
-Suarez
-Cou
-Aspas
-Alberto
-Downing
-Hendo
-Allen
-Borini
-Assadi(might go on loan)
-Sterling(can play reserves or go on loan)
-Ibe(can play reserves or go on loan)
-Costa

All fighting for 4 spots, if Gerrard and Lucas play the 2 deep midfield positions, be it Stevie and Lucas could get rotated for Hendo and Allen, but considering our empty schedule i see no reason for them to be subbed for any PL matches barring a injury.

Now the question is , is it really wise spending 25 mil on another attacker when lets be honest our defense is still a little bit shaky. Are we going to try and buy all these forwards just to ensure we out score what we conceded.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:52 pm

but spending on costa or someone else does not mean we are compromising on our defense spending scratch 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:44 am

mr-r34 wrote:So if we get costa.

We have

-DS
-Suarez
-Cou
-Aspas
-Alberto
-Downing
-Hendo
-Allen
-Borini
-Costa

All fighting for 4 spots, if Gerrard and Lucas play the 2 deep midfield positions, be it Stevie and Lucas could get rotated for Hendo and Allen, but considering our empty schedule i see no reason for them to be subbed for any PL matches barring a injury.

Now the question is , is it really wise spending 25 mil on another attacker when lets be honest our defense is still a little bit shaky. Are we going to try and buy all these forwards just to ensure we out score what we conceded.

I really don't see Downing staying if we bring in another attacker. Aspas will have the role we thought Stewart would play (off the bench and being the 5th man in a 4 man attack), with Costa slotting in on that right hand side. In that case, I'd assume we'd be getting rid of Assaidi and Downing, bringing that list down to 9 (I don't agree with having Hendo and Allen in there), including Sterling and Ibe who will be seeing game time in cup ties and the occasional PL appearance. 7 people for 4 attacking spots isn't too shabby, and everybody moves up the list with an injury (quite likely over the course of a long season, especially with DS and Borini returning from lengthy recoveries) or a suspension (with Suarez and Costa quite a possibility). All I'm trying to say is that a crisis of riches is a problem I'm ok with, and I trust BR to get the necessary gametime to our youngsters to ensure it doesn't hurt their development.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:but spending on costa or someone else does not mean we are compromising on our defense spending scratch 

Id rather right now spend all our money on bringing in two quality players that are a CB, LB or RB. Yeah we might have 10-15 mil on fixing our defense but i see BR buying CB and loaning a shit LB who might be competition but no upgrade.

In all honesty we need upgrades on our LB and RB and we still need 1 more quality CB.

I think with what we have now for attack is enough, what's the point of flooding our squad with attackers when we have no Europe for extra games. Either our youngsters are going to get less game time or were going to have upset squad players.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 am

stevieg8 wrote:

I really don't see Downing staying if we bring in another attacker.  Aspas will have the role we thought Stewart would play (off the bench and being the 5th man in a 4 man attack), with Costa slotting in on that right hand side.  In that case, I'd assume we'd be getting rid of Assaidi and Downing, bringing that list down to 9 (I don't agree with having Hendo and Allen in there), including Sterling and Ibe who will be seeing game time in cup ties and the occasional PL appearance.  7 people for 4 attacking spots isn't too shabby, and everybody moves up the list with an injury (quite likely over the course of a long season, especially with DS and Borini returning from lengthy recoveries) or a suspension (with Suarez and Costa quite a possibility).  All I'm trying to say is that a crisis of riches is a problem I'm ok with, and I trust BR to get the necessary gametime to our youngsters to ensure it doesn't hurt their development.

Yeah i'm all for downing leaving, except i have a feeling he doesn't want to be forced out, his on good wages for his ability, WC year means nothing for him so game time isn't ganna be a deciding factor and the run of games last year might give him a false hope, IMO it might get ugly with his departure. Point on Assaidi taken. I disagree on Hendo and Allen, we will see a 3 man midfield played sometime during the year against certain teams, therefore depending on our formation they will be on that list.

DS
Suarez Cou Costa
Gerrard Lucas

Would mean a bench of Jones Skrtel (Lb/RB) Hendo Aspas Allen Borini (If Assaidi and downing left)

The only way this would work would be for 2 of Alberto, sterling and ibe to be shipped of to loan, cause they need to get better experience than reserve games.

I understand a crisis of riches isn't the biggest problem we can face, but a lack of riches in our defense is more worrying for me.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:17 am

I find it odd that a 15k/week player is valued at €25 million.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:31 am

I do think we are continuing to look at one new CB and one of Melgarejo or Cissokho as LB cover. My personal feeling on this is that BR thinks the defense made up of the following will get us through at least the first half of the season:
CB - Agger, Toure, Skrtel (New CB), Wisdom
RB - Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan
LB - Enrique, (New LB), Robinson

What BR appears to be doing is bringing in a "game-winner". In this situation, a "game-winner" is a player that can bully a defense from the offing, come on and create havoc, and/or generally cause enough problems for a defense to either score himself or open chances for others. Notice that none of these criteria denoted a specified position. We started out after Mkhitaryan, who would've necessitated a regular starting spot at CAM and become a focal point of the squad. That ship has sailed, and we are left looking at alternatives. It appears that Rodgers and the committee turned towards forwards more than other attacking midfielders. Players such as Eriksen and others are more creative, midfield types. While I personally rate Eriksen highly, I will admit that he doesn't fit the "game-winner" category. While some may not like Costa, you have to admit he fits the above requirements a bit better.

Everything I have heard about Costa suggests that he is a strong, powerful, bully of a forward that is a good mix of technicality and physical dominance. He appears to be precisely the type of "Plan B" that Liverpool could have used to break the deadlock or open the scoring in some of draws and eventual losses that occurred last season. While he does appear to be a bit volatile, that also appears to be a bit of the profile we are currently looking at. Rodgers has praised Suarez's desire and drive to win, and he seems to value that sort of attitude in his players. Granted, I'm sure he would prefer that desire manifest itself in football acts rather than biting and card accumulation. However, it's the players who are volatile that can make a difference in matches.

It seems obvious that the transfer committee have identified Costa as a difference-maker. Whether that means he starts more often than not, I don't know. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly where he will play when he does play. Much will depend on the set-up for individual matches, and the weaknesses of the opposition. Rodgers showed that he is far more pragmatic than many thought at the beginning of the season. We may see 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2, or even 3-5-2 this season. In each setup the roles are different and may see different personnel. While we all like to think in terms of a best XI, the case may be that next season we don't see a general "best XI", but a best XI on the day or for specific opposition. Isn't that the goal? Isn't that the benefit of a young, cultured, and tactically-versed manager? Any combination of Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, Costa and Borini would all bring something different to our attack, just like any combination of Gerrard, Coutinho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, and Alberto changes the face of the midfield. Not all would be used in the same situations, but most could see significant time.

I, for one, am beginning to get excited about Costa (which is unfortunate, as that is often the first sign that a transfer won't happen). I think he may just be the type of player that can grind out a few more points for us over the course of the season. Grinding out a few more points, turning some losses into draws, and some draws into wins could've been crucial to our standing last season. Such a player and his effect could be even more decisive this season. My hope is that we don't have another "Dempsey moment" this offseason, where we miss out on a player that is tailor-made for grinding out results.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:46 am

Robinson has already been sent out on loan.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:22 am

mr-r34 wrote:So if we get costa.

We have

-DS
-Suarez
-Cou
-Aspas
-Alberto
-Downing
-Hendo
-Allen
-Borini
-Costa

well if go with Rodgers 4-3-3 & take it Costa would play on the right side as do not know were he plays

-------------------------------Lucas/Allen------------
-------------------Gerrard/Jordan-------?/Alberto-----
Costa/Stewart---------Daniel/Borini/Aspas----------Coutinho/Sterling

Assaidi i think would be sold

Ibe is to young, i see 6 mouths in the reserves then a 6 mouth loan
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:00 am

McAgger wrote:If Borini flops the next season it'll make £35m worth of Italian players that have flopped with us Mad We might have to rethink our strategy with signing Italian players.

Padelli - Free
Dossena - £7m
Aquilani - £17m
Borini - £10.5m
Yep.. Italians, Germans.. just don't work in PL.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:43 am

Gerrard: “The new signings are settling well and hopefully there are one or two more in the coming weeks.”
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:57 am

Rodgers has said the same thing so I guess we can all expect 2 unless something drastic happens.

It'll be Costa and Cissokho or Meljaro however you spell his name from Benfica. Costa will be playing on the left which would mean Coutinho is playing through the centre in front of Lucas / Gerrard.

Still hoping for Eriksen tbh. Can see Coutinho being burned out / failing to perform at the high expectations if he's the main focal point. He's still only 21. :S

As for Luis. Our scouts have a good 12 months to find a replacement. I was confident of him staying this window, but I'm 90% sure we'll cash in for him next summer to Madrid / Barcelona. If Liverpool were smart they would of listened to me or McAgger where we said get Jovetic as he'll be priced at a reasonable price. We could of got Jovetic instead of Costa. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:00 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
McAgger wrote:If Borini flops the next season it'll make £35m worth of Italian players that have flopped with us Mad We might have to rethink our strategy with signing Italian players.

Padelli - Free
Dossena - £7m
Aquilani - £17m
Borini - £10.5m

Zola, Ballack, Didi, Babbel etc.

They work just fine.

Aquilani would of worked out well if the whole G+H didn't happen and we kept Rafa. He was gone pretty much gone the moment Roy stepped in to "Englishfy" the club.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:04 am

something-red wrote:Rodgers has said the same thing so I guess we can all expect 2 unless something drastic happens.

It'll be Costa and Cissokho or Meljaro however you spell his name from Benfica. Costa will be playing on the left which would mean Coutinho is playing through the centre in front of Lucas / Gerrard.

Still hoping for Eriksen tbh. Can see Coutinho being burned out / failing to perform at the high expectations if he's the main focal point. He's still only 21. :S

As for Luis. Our scouts have a good 12 months to find a replacement. I was confident of him staying this window, but I'm 90% sure we'll cash in for him next summer to Madrid / Barcelona. If Liverpool were smart they would of listened to me or McAgger where we said get Jovetic as he'll be priced at a reasonable price. We could of got Jovetic instead of Costa. Sad

if are buy Costa to take Coutinho place on left, then i would not what to buy Costa, as i know Coutinho what can do in the centre but the thing is he give us more out wide as got know as good as him the squad

my take on Rodgers last two Transfers would be a defender & centre midfielder, as saw Costa take Suárez place in the team
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:11 am

I dont see BR going for a CM, We dont need strengthening there as of now. There are more pressing concerns at CB, LW and arguably LB now.

Also right now its all hit and trial with Coutinho, We know he needs space to operate and certainly has the attributes to create it for himself, Im not sure if Coutinho's position is fixed now. But i think we will see him play central this season which probably is the general opinion.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:12 am

I, too, want Coutinho to stay on the left hand side. (Borini and Raheem there as depth.) That's why I'm demanding Eriksen for a CAM role. But if Costa is to come in, he will be playing as a left winger which would mean Coutinho will play as the CAM. I'm sort of confused with this Diego Costa signing to be honest. He's not exactly the type of player Rodgers has said he wanted.

Aspas and Sturridge already have the striker position locked down, and Luis Suarez will be playing on the right hand side. Luis Suarez will be a Liverpool player by the end of the window; he will not be sold, and if he was, Diego Costa is not his replacement.

Let's just hope we can find someone to take Downing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:15 am

Nishank wrote:I dont see BR going for a CM, We dont need strengthening there as of now. There are more pressing concerns at CB, LW and arguably LB now.

Also right now its all hit and trial with Coutinho, We know he needs space to operate and certainly has the attributes to create it for himself, Im not sure if Coutinho's position is fixed now. But i think we will see him play central this season which probably is the general opinion.

LW isn't a problem.Borini, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and Ibe can all play there.

RW is where the problems at. We only have Suarez, Sterling and Ibe that can play there. And Sturridge who's seen as the main striker... And good old Stewart Downing. Who everyone knows, I don't rate and hoping he is sold.

I do agree, we don't need a CM but we do need a CAM. A linking type player to connect the midfield to attack. That's why we were heavily linked to Mkhitaryan and he only snobbed us because we weren't in the CL to join Dortmund. That's why I'm basically crying out for Eriksen right now. (I AM AWARE THEY'RE DIFFERENT TYPE OF PLAYERS RED BUT THEY PLAY THE SAME ROLE)

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 am

What i think is that BR is resigned to buying a forward who can wide or a winger and play Coutinho in the center. Isnt Alberto arguably the type of player you are talking about, though inexperienced, raw and young?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 am

Yes Alberto is. But he's far too young for us to go into the season with him playing that role. He'll have a Suso-like season for us next season. He'll play for a good 6 months before playing for the reserves I think.

But Rodgers did state we were in the market a couple of weeks for two players. A defender (he didn't say CB or LB) and a creative attacking midfield. This was after we signed Luis Alberto, and just when we missed out on Mickey if I remember correctly. So we are interested in a CAM. I do think Rodgers see's Coutinho playing there, but I'd much rather him on the left hand side and buying a player that can genuinely improve us rather than experimenting with Coutinho there. The longer we stay out of the CL, the longer we'll fail to attract priority transfer targets / genuinely good players.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:32 am

I remember him mentioning the "creative attacking midfielder" as an "attacking option" in the later interviews, Which could again point out on us getting Costa and playing him wide.

I dont think LB makes much difference, We get the LB on loan, Barely spend more than 1.5 million on that. We still have around 20 for a CB and the attacking player which is a tight budget.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 am

I wouldn't mind a LB. Enrique's attacking game really worries me. He can be very stupid in possession but be solid in the next. I do think an attacking full back will help us and play at Anfield with Enrique playing more games away from home as he is solid defensively when fit.

I still don't see why we go for Eriksen and Alder for 20m. This is the cheapest they're ever going to be (last year contracts) and will actually not only improve the squad but the starting XI too.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:46 am

Even Glen has that problem both of them usually turn off when they get the ball.

Yeah, I mentioned Alder in the other thread.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 am

something-red wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Padelli - Free
Dossena - £7m
Aquilani - £17m
Borini - £10.5m

Zola, Ballack, Didi, Babbel etc.

They work just fine.

Aquilani would of worked out well if the whole G+H didn't happen and we kept Rafa. He was gone pretty much gone the moment Roy stepped in to "Englishfy" the club.
Zola and Didi are the only exceptions.

Babbel was no doubt instrumental in his first season but then he regressed.

Ballack was nowhere near to his 'national team best' during his time at Chavs.

Considering the amount of talent these countries produce, the percentage of them succeeding in PL is shockingly less. Countries who are much worse off, like Denmark, Finland etc. have had better success.

Surely there must be something associated with these players that makes them fail. SAF knows it and that's why he has refrained from buying these players all this while.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 am

Man we'll regret not getting Eriksen for 10-15m he is now, especially since he wants to come.

Even if we don't need him, which is false we absolutely need him, his value will only rise.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next