ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
Helmer
Fahim89
RedOranje
21 posters

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 42 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 pm

The ECHO understands Liverpool have also renewed their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon centre-back Tiago Ilori.

Rodgers was keen to wrap up a deal back in June but talks between the clubs broke down.

The Reds had a bid of around £3million rejected with Sporting demanding more than double that amount.

However, Ilori’s refusal to pen a new contract in Portugal has given Liverpool hope that a compromise fee can now be agreed for the 20-year-old.

The Reds were represented at Sporting’s game against Arouca yesterday and further discussions were held with the young defender’s representatives.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 42 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
McAgger wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:tbh, it would be almost miraculous to finish fourth this season but I have no problems at all if we finish 5th after a close fight. We will have a good solid foundation to build on to after that.
Then definitely lose Suarez, and be in the same position next summer. Not being to offer CL football to any of our main targets who will choose to go elsewhere. The consequences of p*ssying out on overpaying a little now will hurt us in the future just as much as it will hurt us in the present.
Calma mate, I am not saying that we will not finish fourth or I dont dream off. Overpaying is also not a problem for me if we are getting at players just in the next bracket of WC. All I am saying is, I don't want deals like Carroll or Downing, due to which we will suffer next 2-3 years.
Buying overpaid players is not the only way to reach there. Nevermind, there will be always some players whom we can attract if we are in position like 5th. Signing someone is must priority according to me too, but if we fail to buy someone in this window and still finish 5th we can push further forward from there.  
Well this is by far our best chance of finishing 4th in 5 years. Spurs are losing Bale and Arsenal haven't improved. Look, I know we'll eventually get back to CL and will be in the summit of Europe once again but this could be our only chance to expedite our path to getting there. Otherwise who knows, it could take as long as imaginable.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I totally support that we must make most of this opportunity as we never know what will happen in the league this time with too much shakiness at the top for almost all top teams. By far we can be very proud we are very stable in terms of same manager and players both.
Speaking about something else, I am damn concerned that before Gerrard retires we must establish ourselves as an ELITE one. I dont mean only CL but much more than that. I dont wanna imagine what may happen without Gerrard

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I totally support that we must make most of this opportunity as we never know what will happen in the league this time with too much shakiness at the top for almost all top teams. By far we can be very proud we are very stable in terms of same manager and players both.
Speaking about something else, I am damn concerned that before Gerrard retires we must establish ourselves as an ELITE one. I dont mean only CL but much more than that. I dont wanna imagine what may happen without Gerrard
Which is what I'm saying. Gerrard doesn't have that long left and we all know it. We must pounce at every opportunity to be able to upgrade in quality.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Andy Hunter in The Guardian says we showed interest in Lamela alongside Willian. . . Now it would be funny to troll Spurs to the end of the window!!! rofl Just drive up their prices!!!! Yaayyyy rofl 

Jokes apart I guess no one has any clue about what we are upto now! I MEAN WHERE HAS THE HARLEY DAVIDSON GONE OFF TO!!!!!! affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:09 pm

OH MY GOD IF WE SIGN LAMELA I AM GOING TO DIE OF HAPPINESS
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Crewe Alex: Liverpool in bid to lure away Alex academy boss
Aha! Beat you to that Spurs!!! Razz

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Crewe-Alex-Liverpool-bid-lure-away-Alex-academy/story-19654520-detail/story.html#axzz2cXeFH8Hb
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:14 pm

McAgger wrote:OH MY GOD IF WE SIGN LAMELA I AM GOING TO DIE OF HAPPINESS
Now now hold onto your dear life my friend i guess its just us Trolling Spurs

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 42 Laughing-face-meme-x
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Tony Barrett confirms that our chances of offloading Coates are diminished after a serious knee injury. . .

Tony Barrett also says #LFC have looked at Lamela but feel his £30m valuation is to high.
:brickwall: :brickwall: 

@McAgger: now you can kill me! ! KILL ME NOW!!!

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 42 Dont_shoot
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 42 BSI0VpGCAAALd36

Barrett's view on our situation. . :brickwall: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:22 pm

A bid was also considered for Stevan Jovetic only to be put off by the Montenegro forward’s desire for Champions League football. (Barrett)
Now this just might send McAgger in a stance. . Hold on my friend! CONTROL!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:41 pm

so far before Cissokho loan are transfers window has been a big let down,

how happy i am have Cissokho here his raw power, attacking play, wing play what give Coutinho to do his own thing on left

all we need is find some like Coutinho for right, so Johnson do the same as Cissokho, is that hard a player like that ???????????
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:56 pm

The full article. . . of Barrett

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.II - Page 42 BSIz6kTCAAEypr1
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Seems there are both types of reactions about Cissokho signing...will be interesting to see him

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Liverpool leading race for Championship midfielder

Liverpool favourites to land Will Hughes
Yaaaaay!!! Catch that Spurs!!!

:facepalm: 

http://www.givemesport.com/370692-liverpool-leading-race-for-championship-midfielder
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:48 pm

The gag on Merseyside is Melwood is currently being swept for bugging devices marked with a cockerel crest, although when they are discovered Rodgers will simply whisper the names of numerous duff targets in the hope Villas-Boas blows the rest of the Gareth Bale cash on less coveted players.
rofl rofl 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10255826/Liverpools-true-status-highlighted-by-losing-out-in-transfer-window-to-Tottenham-Hotspur-.-.-.-.-once-again.html
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:24 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
A bid was also considered for Stevan Jovetic only to be put off by the Montenegro forward’s desire for Champions League football. (Barrett)
Now this just might send McAgger in a stance. . Hold on my friend! CONTROL!
OMG I'm having a heart attack. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:35 am

First and foremost, I'd like to apologise to something-red, as I feel my response was unduly aggressive and biting. Just tired of the constant negativity... when we aren't in for a target its the wrong choice, when we DO pursue a target its the wrong choice, if we sign a player we've overpaid, if we don't we should have offered more... every single move is met with complaints and criticism by someone and it gets damned old. But that doesn't excuse my response, so sorry about that.

That said:
I know most LFC fans love to move to the default complaint that the owners won't allow cash to be spent and/or Ayre screwed up, but I think if you look at the move as a whole a different picture emerges. I'd say the evidence points at our bid for Willian being an opportunistic move on a player we hadn't expected to be available. As such a value that we felt was acceptable for a player that hadn't been an initial part of our summer plans (not one of the three options lined up for the role/position) and when Spurs went over that we didn't get involved in a bidding war. Spurs have a £90+m budget they've been playing with this summer from the coming Bale sale alone, plus whatever Levy is willing to put in and the money they didn't spend last summer (when, if memory serves, they actually broke even). As such it's not a matter of LFC not being able/willing to spend, but of the club not being able/willing to spend as much as a club going on a Chelsea-esque spree at the moment. We clearly have a minimum of £25-30m available to spend, it's simply a matter of being up against the CL runners-up, 3rd party ownership, CL footy and settled lifestyles, and a free-spending club. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world and not the end of our summer. We've done solid business so far and again, have a solid bit of money available to yet spend, should Rodgers and his committee decide there is a player worth it.

Much as Barrett's reports are generally accurate, I think he's being rather simplistic in his analysis there. He's not taking into account the 3rd party ownership or fact that Dortmund where our competition for Mkhitaryan, nor is he mentioning that it wasn't the bid for Diego Costa that was the issue... it was the players' desire to stay where he was settled. While Willian does appear to be down to money, I've already stated why I don't think that's necessarily representative of our real financial position already. It was an opportunistic move that didn't pan out... so we weren't interested in pushing the boat out for a player that hadn't even originally been considered as part of the summer plans. Clearly though, that is my own interpretation of the situation with the information that is available, so there's certainly the possibility that it's inaccurate to some degree. Jovetic wanted CL football and ended up signing for Man City... I'm not sure what fans/Barrett expected from FSG but they were never likely to be offering the type of wages necessary to sway a player in that position unless you took their words absolutely, to-the-letter literally. I think it's a bit telling that many Roma fans seem to think that Lamela isn't worth the £30m being quoted as well... though only time will tell how that pans out.

All of that said, I rather doubt our transfer window is over. As we entered the summer Rodgers stated that he wanted three viable options for each position he wanted to address and so far we've tried for Mkhitaryan and Costa (with Willian being an unplanned opportunistic move, by my reasoning) so I expect there will be at least one more option they'll look to sign before they're out of targets. It could be Eriksen, it could be Turan, it could be some player no-one's even considered yet. But I do think they have at least one more they'll consider going after for that attacking place. Being third choice, though, they may value him at a lower price than the others... which could be the stumbling block.

Also, with Coates's injury I wouldn't be at all surprised if we moved for a young CB again (Ilori or another). Ilori is still refusing to sign a new deal or renew on his expiring contract, so his club may be forced to lower his price.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42