Valkyrja
neuro11
MaraVilla
55 posters

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 36 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:True we are not quite as bad as Arsenal...but at least Wenger will panic buy on the last day.

We really going to stand pat with Mascherano, Bartra, leftbacks and DM's in defence.
He panic buys guys like Santos, Chamakh, etc. It's actually worse.

For the life of me, i don't get why you guys would risk your season on something so obvious. We all know that Madrid isn't going to lose much this year... 2-3 losses that shouldn't happen here and there = La Liga is over.

Buy a freakin CB already. Decent ones don't even cost a fortune.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think there will no doubt be injuries though.

Pedro, Alexis, Xavi and even Iniesta and Dani Alves have had some niggling injuries the last couple years.

Then Adriano of course, Cesc too.

And yeah, JDS said that Tata convinced him that he will be counted on this season.
Yes there will be. Imagine a terrible situation when Xavi and Iniesta are both injured. I can almost bet my bottom dollar at that time Fabregas and Song will be playing alongside Busquets. Maybe these kids will get small chances here and there but they will have to make the most of it. I say their sympathizers should not hope for too much though.

How Tata convinced JDS to me is very interesting. Either Tata is good at brainwashing. Hence my cheeky comment about him and Thiago. Or JDS likes pushing his utmost for a lost cause (which for the record I don't commend except when it's for a very noble cause). Maybe both. With his two eyes JDS should have seen long ago that it was time to move on.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:True we are not quite as bad as Arsenal...but at least Wenger will panic buy on the last day.

We really going to stand pat with Mascherano, Bartra, leftbacks and DM's in defence.
 He panic buys guys like Santos, Chamakh, etc.  It's actually worse.

For the life of me, i don't get why you guys would risk your season on something so obvious.  We all know that Madrid isn't going to lose much this year... 2-3 losses that shouldn't happen here and there = La Liga is over.  

Buy a freakin CB already.  Decent ones don't even cost a fortune.
Know what. Chamakh wasn't even a panic buy. He was someone Arsenal targeted for a long time.

Agree with everything else you say though. Join the ever growing club that is trying very hard to understand just what is going on at Barca.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:

He panic buys guys like Santos, Chamakh, etc.  It's actually worse.

For the life of me, i don't get why you guys would risk your season on something so obvious.  We all know that Madrid isn't going to lose much this year... 2-3 losses that shouldn't happen here and there = La Liga is over.  

Buy a freakin CB already.  Decent ones don't even cost a fortune.
But Chamakh he targetted a while. Yeah Santos was panic, but at the same time he also got Mertersacker and Arteta. Two real important players.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:47 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
I think you go a little far when you say destroying players though. David Villa already did a decade of solo work with no rewards...he seemed very happy to trade that for less work and a chance of actually winning something. In 11' that was very positive for both us and him.

Mascherano to me is not a DM in the modern game, times have moved on from his days at Pool. Big teams only play with a low block against other big teams and even then its increasingly rare. Without a low block  and counter attacking gameplan, your deepest midfield's importance increases in terms of what he can do with the ball. And Mascherano is simply too slow and simple a decision maker.

What team do you think he could play defensive midfield for today? Only a team just below the level of elite.

Adriano has not been ruined, he only played CB 2 or 3 times. I understand he wouldnt be happy with it, but he is still very good fullback with good standing in the game.
Hmm dani. Very interesting comments. Need to think on those.

Of course I was exaggerating but then I am that angry right now. Smile

True that Villa benefited by joining us. 2010-11 was a win-win. However once he had completed his grand slam of trophies by joining us there was nothing left for him. The next two seasons hardly added any value to him or to us. Yes some would say had he not gotten injured things could have been different. Maybe. I can't say anything for sure on this one. Time will tell. If Villa suddenly shines out at Atletico then he very much wasted the last few months with us. If not then he is anyway close to finished. I have sensed a significant drop in his sharpness in front of goal but how much of that is due to injury and age and how much due to not being played enough and to his strengths I can't say for sure.

About Mascherano I am at a loss what reply to give. At Liverpool he did so well. Together with Alonso they were the fulcrum that made them play the best they have done in years. Yet as you say the game has indeed moved on. Clubs are not that interested any more in that sort of player. Napoli did express an interest though and it might help him to go there now. Strangely I actually like some of these players who aren't much on the ball but are good at what they do. I used to be Gattuso fan at one time. In today's game maybe even he would struggle. That's why a player like Gustavo has to move to Wolfsburg even though I would any day buy him over say Song. Maybe Mascherano wouldn't be wanted as a low block but couldn't he be the chaser on the park. Something like Gattuso was for Milan and Italy in his best days. Yet it's true that the game has moved on. Top teams want to play more attractively nowadays. So if a player like Mascherano as you say can no longer be elite today why does he invariably get to start for a top international team like Argentina? Do you not see him adding much value there?

Yes Adriano is still good but comments like they will try to play him as a CB this season don't help him. He deserves more minutes as full back and he is not likely to get them. Let's hope he gets them though.

All said and done even though I expressed anger no one can officially blame us as such because we don't hold players against their well. They themselves wish to stay even if their career is going nowhere. That's actually been the case these last few years that no player wants to leave Barca or Madrid even if he has to become a pensioner like Kaka.
I feel like those were different times, alot more high profile Italian coaches with their defensive minded philosophies. Milan used at times Ambrosini and Gattuso to do Pirlo's dog work. Now today, they are Vidal and Marchisio, superior players with the ball.

Perhaps its not surprisingly Rafa wants Mascherano, if anyone has an intrest in playing in that style it would be him.

Why does he start for Argentina? Well he is still one of their better players in that position and I think its a position they have struggled to fill for quite some time. Plus, Argentina play much more counter attacking stuff so its not so important how good he is with the ball. But its also true he has improved with the ball, but midfield in international football is not the same as midfield in the CL.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Really interesting dani. So Benitez may still want to play that style.

So if Argentina had a ball playing DM Mascherano's place would be more under question. They have Gago and Banega but I suppose neither fit the DM role as such.

I have to agree that while clubs are making a conscious effort to play beautiful football a lot of international teams continue to play counter-attacking football.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I see Ever Banega playing more and more advanced for Valencia, and I think it really suits him because he can really shoot and even dribble.

Gago yeah, he has the style but he really struggles under pressing and defensively you got to protect him. But he does seem to do better with Argentina than European club football.

You could probably play him and Mascherano together if your going to play counter attacking, its not great by Euro club football standards..but its probably passable in International football.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:I see Ever Banega playing more and more advanced for Valencia, and I think it really suits him because he can really shoot and even dribble.

Gago yeah, he has the style but he really struggles under pressing and defensively you got to protect him. But he does seem to do better with Argentina than European club football.

You could probably play him and Mascherano together if your going to play counter attacking, its not great by Euro club football standards..but its probably passable in International football.
Very true about Banega. I noticed that too.

Also so true Gago struggles under pressing. I have seen it too many times in his career.

You can say that the standards of international football are lower but it still seems quite a marvel to me how Sabella is making this group of players click so well together with all their limitations. The acid test though lies ahead.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 am

Am I the only one who has been reasonably pleased with Song?
I was against his signing but given everything I think he has done a good job.Not a great DM but still has done a steady job.What surprised me was his quick grasp of our pass and move game in mdfield.He understood it far sooner than Fab.Fab still hasnt got a clue after 2 years.Song keeps the ball moving well and always moves into space to offer himself for a pass.Unlike Fab who is always standing behind an opponent.
I think Song could also play CM for us.He is a very capable passer with a good final ball.We could play a midfield of Busquets,Song and Iniesta in tough games.It will add a bit of steel to our midfield.
I think he will improve more this year.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:32 am

reported that PSG wants 10m euros for sahko excluding bonuses, why arent we even targeting him? cheap as option, young, have pace and might turn out be a beast of a defender in the future.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am

alexjanosik wrote:Am I the only one who has been reasonably pleased with Song?
I was against his signing but given everything I think he has done a good job.Not a great DM but still has done a steady job.What surprised me was his quick grasp of our pass and move game in mdfield.He understood it far sooner than Fab.Fab still hasnt got a clue after 2 years.Song keeps the ball moving well and always moves into space to offer himself for a pass.Unlike Fab who is always standing behind an opponent.
I think Song could also play CM for us.He is a very capable passer with a good final ball.We could play a midfield of Busquets,Song and Iniesta in tough games.It will add a bit of steel to our midfield.
Yes he's not done badly. However as yet I won't say this signing has added any value. It's a different matter that as per your comments there could be more to come in the future. That could give it a completely different perspective.

Song will indeed play CM for us at times. I made the same comment yesterday that if people think Sergi Roberto or JDS will get minutes it would be wise to note that Song will be clearly ahead of them in the pecking order. Busquets, Song and Iniesta is an interesting suggestion. It reminds me of Rijkaard's Edmilson, van Bommel and Deco combination. Not as much of fantasy but workable and adds some welcome steel.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:56 am

MaraVilla wrote:reported that PSG wants 10m euros for sahko excluding bonuses, why arent we even targeting him? cheap as option, young, have pace and might turn out be a beast of a defender in the future.
Preach it brother. Who the hell knows? If I were to hazard a guess it would be that the think tank feels he won't be able to "adapt" to the Barca "style".

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:I see Ever Banega playing more and more advanced for Valencia, and I think it really suits him because he can really shoot and even dribble.
I have to disagree here. I prefer to play my better players closer to my goal i.e. deeper. Yes, he can shoot and he can dribble. But so does Xavi.

PS: Barcelona fans begging for PSG reject Sakho nowadays? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:33 pm

danyjr wrote:
I have to disagree here. I prefer to play my better players closer to my goal i.e. deeper. Yes, he can shoot and he can dribble. But so does Xavi.

PS: Barcelona fans begging for PSG reject Sakho nowadays? Laughing
Well generally, I agree with your premise.

But for Valencia im not so sure, they really lack creativity without him playing in that position in my opinion.

I think he has dynamism in the final third other players lack.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:36 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Am I the only one who has been reasonably pleased with Song?
No, your not alone. But I do think he has been quite sluggish in preseason so far.

But overall he has done fine, but we just dont need him.

With the ball he is doing a very job in fact, but his lack of mobility doesnt make him a variation to Busquets so all he can be is a back up to him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well generally, I agree with your premise.

But for Valencia im not so sure, they really lack creativity without him playing in that position in my opinion.

I think he has dynamism in the final third other players lack.
True, but Jonathan Viera can play an advance role or the newly signed Míchel.

I'd personally play a midfield like this:

--Fuego----Banega-
-------Viera--------
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Well I read Viera has really impressed in preseason, I have not seen myself to comment but perhaps that is what will end up happening.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm

https://twitter.com/woodyinho/status/162280656137752576
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Random question. Who do you rate higher - Alvaro Negredo or Roberto Soldado?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Soldado.

Usually I dont go with the poacher-ish player but he is a much better finisher and Negredo I really dont like.

I dont really like either play but at a push ill pick Soldado.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Soldado for me as well. I've never cared for Negredo either. Both went for fee's above their worth.

Over this summer though I've really come to quite like Soldado Laughing

Soldado will outscore Negredo this season.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Agree with both of you.

I think Soldado has good presence in the box, good work rate and is a proper penalty box striker who lacks extraordinary qualities but is a very useful player.

CB, of course Soldado will outscore Negredo this season. Soldado will be key man for Spurs this season. Negredo on the other hand will sit on the ManCity bench because I can't see him starting ahead of Aguero and Dzeko who based on first impressions should be rediscovered this season. Jovetic I haven't followed for the last few months and although his level is said to have fallen he could still be higher than Negredo in the pecking order.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm

While I again am not the biggest fan of either, both are capable of some superb goals.

Saldado has scored some great volleys, like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xGFhPJb54

And Negredo likes to chip the goalkeeper, but also is capable of some volleys.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Soldado might be a bit better, but Negredo is playing with a better team (City) & I think he will score more goals than Sodado in the EPL this season.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Man City midfielder Denis Suarez (19) will tomorrow undergo medical tests and sign 4-year contract at Barcelona. 1st season at B-team
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Dani where do you rate Soldado relative to Higgy?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next