FennecFox7
AltoZ
FalcaoPunch
Grooverider
lenear1030
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sepp wants WC in Qatar 2022 during winter - Page 2 Empty Re: Sepp wants WC in Qatar 2022 during winter

Post by farfan Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 pm

[quote="Giggity5313"][quote="stevieg8"]
7amood11 wrote:
And you have no idea what you are talking about smh.

have you ever been in that kind of heat? because trust me it has nothing to do with being a sissy..

of course i have, it's 43 C where i'm at right now .

they're professional athletes ,they should be able to adapt to any environement , not the other way around . just like extreme cold when you're facing a russian team ,or extreme elevation in some south american country ...it's part of the game .

compare that with boxing matches in thailand where world champions defend their belts in open arenas , in extreme heat and humidity , and in a more physically demanding sport than football .

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Sepp wants WC in Qatar 2022 during winter - Page 2 Empty Re: Sepp wants WC in Qatar 2022 during winter

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:12 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:It's fun how they went to "don't worry, we'll manage the summer heat" to "a winter WC is an awesome idea" within just 6 months.

It's almost as though they promised something impossible in their bid and bribed prominent officials to make them look the other way... almost.

Both of you are missi the point that FIFA is offering to do this, Qatar said it is OK with playing in e summer.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Should have just given it to USA. ffs. Would have been great for everyone..

Dude I am a young man and I remember watching it the last time it was in the US. There needs to be at least another 20 years before it goes back.

Brazil last hosted 60 years ago, and when it came back you got the magic you saw in the Final. World club comes back to USA in 2030's-2040's and they will be contenders.

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
7amood11 wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. All of you doubters are just too butthurt to acknowledge that Qatar will be a great host nation.

If South Africa was considered a good host, Qatar will be out if this world come 2022.

It's entirely possible that the stadiums and all the amenities are going to be great there, although I doubt that too, but no extent of success will forgive it if they can't find a way around the summer heat LIKE THEY PROMISED IN THEIR BID.  If they require a hiatus in the European leagues for the WC, it will be a massive failure on the part of both FIFA and the host country.  Players getting fatigued or worse, injured, in the middle of the season which could impact title races, CL spots and relegation races?  That season would have the biggest asterisk next to it ever.

If your country doesn't have a viable plan to mitigate its summer weather, it shouldn't bid in the first place.

Yeah I agree tbh. Playing in 40+ degree weather is unbelievably hard

If any arab country was to host the world cup, then morocco, algeria, or even lebanon would be the best bet in terms of temperture and resources

farfan wrote:
so what if it's too hot? players need to man up and stop acting like sissies

And you have no idea what you are talking about smh.

have you ever been in that kind of heat? because trust me it has nothing to do with being a sissy..

Agreed, its a safety issue.... Qatar said they would be able to mitigate the heat, it was a central part of their bid platform, so having to follow up with "don't be sissies" just means they were lying about their technological capabilities. The Mediterranean countries would certainly work better if the stadiums were in the right locations, but I don't see how Qatar can do anything about this short of playing every game inside domes with specific heat-reducing architecture.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 am

Not going to top the atmosphere of the USA, I still get chills thinking about it, and not surprising we set the record for average attendance at a World Cup. FFS the lowest attended game was Netherlands v. Saudi Arabia and even that match got over 50,000 people. We averaged 16,500 more people per game than the next closest host nation on the list.

Not bad for a country that isn't a "soccer" nation.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:03 am

Agreed stevie

and honestly the US could use a WC. football here is booming.. It would be the perfect time imo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

The WC 2022 should of been awarded to either England or USA.
(if both actually had a bid..im not sure if either did?)

Both Nations could easily host a WC tomorrow if they needed too.

Yeah, i know...wishful thinking Very Happy

Qatar hosting a WC is the equivalent of having a FA Cup final played at Milton Keynes Stadium ffs
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:22 pm

farfan wrote:blatter would probably be dead by 2022

or he invested some of the money he got from russia and qatar in rejuvenation treatments and will be alive forever...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Agreed stevie

and honestly the US could use a WC. football here is booming.. It would be the perfect time imo

You all said that in 94.

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Stevieg, I feel that you and others are acting like Qatar won't be able to follow through with what they said about the heat. The World Cup is 9 years away, give them time.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Motogp69 wrote:Not going to top the atmosphere of the USA, I still get chills thinking about it, and not surprising we set the record for average attendance at a World Cup. FFS the lowest attended game was Netherlands v. Saudi Arabia and even that match got over 50,000 people. We averaged 16,500 more people per game than the next closest host nation on the list.

You're American, you get the chills thinking about the WC in the US. A Qatari would get the chills thinking about the WC in Qatar. They won it, let them have it ffs.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

You all said that in 94.

Not going to top the atmosphere of the USA, I still get chills thinking about it, and not surprising we set the record for average attendance at a World Cup. FFS the lowest attended game was Netherlands v. Saudi Arabia and even that match got over 50,000 people. We averaged 16,500 more people per game than the next closest host nation on the list.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Blame Pep :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:29 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

You all said that in 94.

USA 94 was a completely different place than USA now, or even in 2022.Those manufacturing jobs that were the backbone of the middle class that could allow a normal family to show up to those games in such a number are gone, and they are never coming back.

Oh, it'll be crowded no doubt, but 94 was the perfect storm on all accounts. 2008/09 ended that America.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:13 am

Does Gil have 2 accounts :coffee: 
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:10 am

Fifa :facepalm:
Qatar :facepalm:

Probably be a terroist attack there whilst the WC is on... :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:59 am

Really now Laughing people have enough money for a ticket to the WC betty/droit.. trust me.

Think some of you need to actually come to the us and see it for yourself. Soccer is becoming bigger and bigger.. especially among the college/ high school pop
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:04 am

Well, I guess the last word about the 2022 World Cup isn't spoken yet. I think the big FAs might not be amused about being forced to change their usual league and domestic cup schedules, and there is always the question if the losing countries of the 2022 vote won't object as one of the requirements was "has to be played in summer", IIRC. Oh, and I think the UEFA might have a say in this, too, as the CL schedule is involved, too. (And what about the other continental associations?)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:55 am

This world cup should be boycotted it is an absolute farce and disgrace a nation like qatar gets a world cup because of oil money, they have no interest in football bar sheiks, you can't even drink, it's in the desert... what the hell fifa! screw you money hungry dogs
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:58 am

People, even if you are upset, could you please try to word your complaints / displeasure in a somewhat more becoming manner? Thank you very much.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:32 am

Let's stop acting like changing the schedules is a big deal coz it isnt. It can be worked out over a couple of seasons and everything will be fine. The only problem with this suggestion is that it came AFTER Qatar won the bid and both FIFA and Qatar should have been clear about that in the beginning. I for one wouldnt mind seeing a World Cup in the winter but the way this whole issue has been handled makes less excited about the idea.

marottalad wrote:This world cup should be boycotted it is an absolute farce and disgrace a nation like qatar gets a world cup because of oil money, they have no interest in football bar sheiks, you can't even drink, it's in the desert... what the hell fifa! screw you money hungry dogs

And what's your problem with Oil money ? It's also a main source of revenue for countries like Canada you know, and how about you boycott bumping gas into your car since oil is such a dirty product. And how do you know that the people in Qatar have no interest in football ? have you been there lately ? matter of fact do you know anything about how passionate the whole middle east region is about football ? and speaking of the desert do you know that VEGAS is in the middle of the desert ? you're not complaining about that now are you, and who said you cant drink during the World Cup? it's part of the whole agreement you know.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:35 am

zizzle wrote:Let's stop acting like changing the schedules is a big deal coz it isnt. It can be worked out over a couple of seasons and everything will be fine. The only problem with this suggestion is that it came AFTER Qatar won the bid and both FIFA and Qatar should have been clear about that in the beginning. I for one wouldnt mind seeing a World Cup in the winter but the way this whole issue has been handled makes less excited about the idea.

marottalad wrote:This world cup should be boycotted it is an absolute farce and disgrace a nation like qatar gets a world cup because of oil money, they have no interest in football bar sheiks, you can't even drink, it's in the desert... what the hell fifa! screw you money hungry dogs

And what's your problem with Oil money ? It's also a main source of revenue for countries like Canada you know, and how about you boycott bumping gas into your car since oil is such a dirty product. And how do you know that the people in Qatar have no interest in football ? have you been there lately ? matter of fact do you know anything about how passionate the whole middle east region is about football ? and speaking of the desert do you know that VEGAS is in the middle of the desert ? you're not complaining about that now are you, and who said you cant drink during the World Cup? it's part of the whole agreement you know.

all i no is inter sure as hell won't have many representatives
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:36 am

typical ignorant has nothing to add
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:41 am

zizzle wrote:Let's stop acting like changing the schedules is a big deal coz it isnt. It can be worked out over a couple of seasons and everything will be fine. The only problem with this suggestion is that it came AFTER Qatar won the bid and both FIFA and Qatar should have been clear about that in the beginning. I for one wouldnt mind seeing a World Cup in the winter but the way this whole issue has been handled makes less excited about the idea.
Exactly that is the point. IIRC, it always has been the requirement for the World Cup bid that the tournament has to be played in summer, and if they suddenly realise "oh, Summer is too inconvenient after all for the location", then the other participants of that bid who could provide that requirement, likely could take legal action. I just checked - for 2022, Australia, USA, Japan and South Korea were the other nations in the bidding process.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:54 am

I know this might sound a bit 'off the wall' but i have a funny feeling that this WC might not actually happen.

And heres why....

1) Wrong choice of Host nation for starters.

2) Unbearable Heat

3) Fifa will never admit to choosing the wrong host  nation and to being bribed, therefore they will look like retards, and extremely corrupt  (which they actually are)

4) No European League will adjust their Schedule to 'fit in' to Fifa's dumb idea.

5) The major clubs have the money and the power, therefore players will and always are protected by them. So many could actually 'have an injury' and have to 'pull out' (wink wink)

6) Sponsors....no respectable corporation will want to be associated with a country that supports 'Tyranny Over Democracy'

just a few reasons worth thinking about....
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Just to be fair, everyone already knows how I feel about the situation, but my connections in Qatar are telling me that they don't want to move the World Cup at all and this is all Sepp's doing :facepalm:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next